1,087 results
All reviews the dolly blue bar the river groupon deal riverside restaurant leisure club executive room spa bath lounge bar hot stone massage leisure centre afternoon tea four poster motor museum kippers lovely hotel evening meal steam room
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We arrived around 5.45 and ordered at the bar by friendly staff. Very limited menu! At about 6:40 our food finally arrived. How long does it take to cook a sausage and some pasta! Very slow. The portions were quite small but tasty and we were glad we had ordered sides. The children's pasta should have been topped with cheese but wasn't. By this time we were so hungry we didn't care. When we asked about desert and torte of the day, they said lemon drizzle cake or baileys cheesecake. Neither in my opinion was torte and they seem to think it was our misunderstanding when we challenged them. That's all we've got they said!...

Average place, average food, small portions and very slow. Wouldn't go back.

Stayed: August 2017
HRGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent meal. I do appreciate you taking the time to share your constructive feedback as it is important that we monitor the level of service we deliver and can identify areas which require our attention. I will personally follow up on your comments with the relevant department manager and in the meantime I apologise for the short comings you experienced but I hope that you had an enjoyable meal overall and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely room upgraded to a v I p room
Be aware up in the attic
But great views of the river Dee
Stayed 2 night B&b and evening meal
Food and staff very good
1 complaint the pillows in the room
You really need to renew them no support just completely flat
Had to roll the bed quilt up and use as a bolster

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Linda M,
Many thanks for the positive comments although we are confused about the top floor being described as "the attic" as it is only on a 3rd level with many more rooms up there. Also it is the River Leven so this could be a review for the wrong place? Anyway for the benefit of doubt I still reply.
As a thank you gesture, if you have any future booking requirement, kindly contact the hotel direct and quote your TA pseudonym, from which we will be able to apply the most competitive rate.
Guest Relations at Whitewater Hotel

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Stayed for one night. Very friendly staff. Lovely room containing everything I would expect from a hotel of this standard. Food in the restaurant was excellent, perfectly cooked with attentive and relaxed service. Breakfast was also outstanding.
We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor, great view over the fast flowing river.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
HRGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Tony B,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us on TA and for the 5 star review - it makes a very pleasing to read. Your comments will be passed on to the whole team whom I am sure will appreciate the read as they do work hard to keep our guests happy.
The team at WW Hotel

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Booked mine and my friends first spa day for my friends birthday, we were both looking forward to it and couldnt believe it when they rang to cancel it the night before due to someone phoning in sick.They just said to come on a differrant day or offerd us a refund we had both took time of work to do something this particular weekend so arranging for another day just felt like a kick in the teeth so just took the refund i dont understand how one person being off sick means we have to cancel we could of still used the spa facilities and had afternoon tea.
Awfull customer service, one ruined birthday weekend!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jemma C
Reviewed 20 August 2017

The hotel is a lovely building overlooking the river, it's not in the main tourist area so is peaceful; however, it isn't far from or difficult to get to lots of the Lake District highlights. I was given the room that I booked, which was a single - this didn't have a great view, but I was upgraded on the first night to a bigger room with an amazing view. The room was spacious and clean with lots of storage space. The hotel's facilities were good, particularly the pool, which was free to use by hotel guests. I found all the staff friendly and helpful and the food in the Dolly Blue Bar was excellent.

Room Tip: The best rooms overlooked the river.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Caroline L,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us on TA and for the perfect 5 star score! It makes a very pleasing to read. Your comments will be passed on to the whole team whom I am sure will appreciate the read as they do work hard to keep our guests happy.
WWH