2,496 results
All reviews wine cellar birds of prey land rover experience tranquility spa afternoon tea roll top bath the wow factor secret escapes wedding venue four poster beautiful venue classic room main restaurant wedding breakfast birthday treat cheshire countryside special occasion
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Cannot rate this place highly enough! Brought my partner here for his 30th as a surprise overnight stay and Spa day. The place is just stunning. Staff were incredibly helpful and attentive right from the off. The treatments we had in the Spa were incredible and much needed! When checking in and being asked what the occasion was, we were upgraded to a bigger room with a four poster bed. We were allowed to explore the castle and grounds as much as we wanted and got well and truly lost! The food in the restaurant that evening was beautiful and the staff had even written 'happy birthday' on my partner's dessert plate which was a very thoughtful touch. The room was enormous and full of character and the bed was incredibly comfortable. I literally can't say enough about this place!

The man behind the main reception desk, Peter, was responsible for the offer of the upgrade, excellent customer service, a genuine appreciation of our visit and the happy birthday message written on the plate. He's a very good first impression to brilliant customer service and deserves some recognition for it.

I would recommend this place to anyone as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will 100% be going back.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stefan H, Guest Relations Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you Robert for such a glowing review!!

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us so much, and that you have appreciated all that the Castle has to offer!

It's always great to hear such lovely feedback, especially about our staff who are always aiming to exceed our guest's expectations. I have passed on your comments about Peter in particular, who is very pleased to hear them.

It is also wonderful to hear that you would recommend us and would like to return. I look forward to welcoming you back to Peckforton Castle in the near future!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I booked a spa day for my husband and I for his birthday. The booking was made easy, staff were very friendly in the spa. Our treatments were booked for 10am on a Wednesday - we arrived about 9.30am, showed to the relaxation room and given a questionnaire to fill out. When the manager discovered that it was my husband's birthday we were both given a glass of prosecco, which was a lovely touch. We were then taken to a double room for our massages and left to get ready in the massage room. Our therapists were lovely. I had a back, neck and shoulder massage which was absolutely fantastic and could highly recommend. After our treatments we were shown to the sauna and outdoor hot tub area. We had 1 and a half hours before our afternoon tea so decided to spend this in the outdoor hot tub and sauna/spa showers i.e. tropical rain shower etc. We were fortunate in that it was a lovely sunny day, not a cloud in the sky so we settled onto a couple of sun loungers outside then went into the outdoor hot tub. It is only a small outside area but a real sun trap, it actually felt as though we were aboard! We showered and changed in time for our afternoon tea, which was lovely and so were the staff. One thing I would comment on is that the afternoon tea would be better with a few more sandwiches and a few less cakes! I have a sweet tooth but had to take some of the cakes home with me! Only about 3 finger sandwiches each which is not many! So all fab! I would have given a full 5 stars for this visit but unfortunately there was an incident that I felt very strongly about. Whilst in the outdoor area with the loungers and hot tub, which as I mentioned, is a small area, we were on our loungers next to a mother and daughter who had travelled a considerable distance to Peckforton Castle, all enjoying a beautiful relaxing day when the manageress of the spa brought a gentleman out to our area for him to have a cigar!! I could not believe my eyes! We were all relaxing, having healthy spa treatments and then having to sit and breathe in the smoke and smell for a cigar!!!!!! The mother and daughter next to me - the mother had an allergy to smoke and the daughter an asthmatic! Not a good advert for a health spa at all. Put a big 'downer' on the day.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ellen B, Guest Relations Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Thank you Jules for leaving us such a detailed and positive review. I have passed your comments on to the Spa Manager and therapists alike who are so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable day with us. As a Team, we have discussed and taken on board your comments about the smoking area and have now converted the outdoor facility space into a non-smoking area. With this in mind, I very much hope to welcome you back to the Tranquility Spa for an even more enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We were treated by our children to an overnight stay & 3 course meal at the castle. Wonderful hotel, ( valet parking)friendly staff, lovely comfortable room( robes & slippers), & delicious meal. Had some brilliant cocktails in the very atmospheric wine cellar bar.. Buffet Breakfast could have been hotter my only complaint. A wonderful experience.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stefan H, Guest Relations Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for your great review!

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated so many aspects of the hotel!

It's always lovely to hear such positive feedback, especially about our staff who are always aiming to exceed expectations!

I hope to welcome you back to Peckforton Castle in the future.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

What a building!!! A real welcome from the reception team who escorted us to the lift and gave us details of Brasserie etc. Our room was really very nice (Bickerton room) with a large bathroom. The bathroom had a stand alone shower and a free standing slipper bath (Fab- I tried it) with the biggest hand basin I have seen. All towels and bath mat (and also the bathrobes in the wardrobe) had the Peckforton Castle crest on them. The posh box containing the tea/ coffe/ hot chocolate etc was a touch of class. All the staff were very helpful. Overall the décor was in keeping with a castle and quite luxurious. We were very impressed overall and fully intend a return visit

Date of stay: May 2017
Stefan H, Guest Relations Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you Jackie for your kind review.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your time here with us so much.

It's always great to hear such positive feedback, especially about our staff who are always aiming to exceed expectations.

I am also glad to hear that you would wish to return to us, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Peckforton Castle in the future!

Reviewed 4 May 2017

When you enter the drive upto the castle and thro the only gate into the castle walls straight away you feel this is going to be a greatplace to stay. We were not disapointed, everything from internal atmosphere, quality of the building and friendliness of the staff was fantastic, nothing too much trouble. Our room was not large but had everything we needed, the dinning room was cosy and the food excellent. Well worth the visit I would highly recomend going, till the next time.

Room tip: Choose a suite
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ellen B, Guest Relations Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you Carl for your lovely review. It's great to see you had such an enjoyable time and nothing was too much trouble from our team for you. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Castle in the future.