Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$150
View deal
SAVE US$45
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$167
eDreamsUS$150
StayForLongUS$195
All reviews lovely village lovely meal new owners lovely room pudding from start to finish full english car park steak evening meal party adam refurbishment venue cheshire manchester pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2020 via mobile

So lovely to come to a restaurant not just with lovely food and a relaxed yet professional atmosphere but truly excellent service, Adam was without a doubt the highlight of our meal. Very friendly, efficient and attentive throughout, he was a lovely breath of fresh air and positivity in an easily dull world :) 10/10 would return, left happily fed with lifted spirits :) Thank you Adam for the smiles and thank you to the team for a lovely meal :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chloe T
Reviewed 27 September 2020

The team here are doing an amazing job following social distancing but still maintaining such a nice atmosphere! There was some live music and the bar staff were extremely friendly and helpful too! We will definitely be back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Roamwithanne
Reviewed 25 September 2020

Everything was perfect. The restaurant had a great atmosphere, gorgeous food and brilliant service. Dominic was so welcoming and his amazing team really looked after us including my dietary requirements. A special evening where our every need was met, we can't wait for our next visit!

1  Thank Leonie_Fletcher
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

2nd time we've gone since the refurb and it gets better. Already booked to go again which I'm sure won't disappoint (for Sunday lunch). We went on a Saturday evening and the place held such a good atmosphere! It felt vibrant and lively from the moment we walked in with all the staff so so accommodating. Our table wasn't quite ready so had a drink at the bar whilst we waited (no problem for us) and soaked in the atmosphere whilst we looked forward to our dinner.

I had tempura prawns which were amazing, very tasty indeed! Presentation was magnificent. My partner had the soup, albeit not my favourite (celeriac) which was equally tasty and presented beautifully considering how busy they were with orders. I then had the ribeye which was cooked to perfection and accompaniments complimented the dish really well. I don't eat steak that often so this was a treat and it did not disappoint! My partner had the shin of beef which looked like a small portion but was just right. Again the presentation of this with the fried parsnips was hugely impressive.

Both times we've been recently we've walked away talking about how good the service was. Each and every member of staff are so friendly. Considering how busy they are, everyone was very attentive and always saw to our needs/requests immediately. I wish I got the name of the girl who took our drinks orders outside as she is always super helpful in recommending drinks and wines! Archie (who I think operates front of house) was so helpful and again, really attentive. Big greeting and made us feel relaxed from the moment we walked in!

Having lived in the village for over 20 years and seen many different restaurants and refurbs I really hope this does well. And I believe it will. It didn't feel like Prestbury but almost like a swanky bar in Manchester. But then has the essence and class of Prestbury which is a great balance they seem to have captured. Cannot wait to go back and enjoy some of the great food and hospitality.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mattyathers
Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Love it. Fabulous vibe with live music and DJ sets plus fabulous food and great service. There’s even a free cab to take you home if you’re local. Thank you Adam for looking after us. The rooms look sensational if you’re from outside the area. Breakfast for none residents is a morning must have treat. Lunch and dinner recommended. 5 Stars all the way.

Trip type: Travelled with family