Lowest prices for your stay
US$176
US$150
View deal
SAVE US$26
Free cancellation until 21/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com
US$168
View deal
Free cancellation until 22/05/21
PricelineUS$166
Expedia.comUS$168
HurbUS$176
All reviews lovely village lovely meal new owners lovely room pudding from start to finish full english car park steak evening meal party adam refurbishment venue cheshire manchester pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2020 via mobile

Everything, food, ambience and service was excellent. Love the new decor. Looking forward to the next time, it's a great place to meet up with friends and family, you won't be disappointed, we certainly weren't.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

May I start by saying I would mention on the day but my partner did not want me to say anything.
We ordered the pardon peppers and tempura prawn to start both were amazing!
However my main of the cod-with was inedible... how I managed to eat half was beyond me.
Half went back and on one asked. It was bland over fried and beige!
Please please visit Savages at the picturedrome for how to serve a fish sandwich. I am writing this as I feel sick for the blandness and deep fried nothing!
Maybe if I had the brioche as mentioned rather than usual bread it would have tasted delightful! Below is a photo of how it was sent back!
Please order the tempura prawn and patron peppers!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2020

We recently had a two night stay at the Bridge hotel. We had stayed there earlier in the year and been very impressed.

This visit was very disappointing.

There was no telephone in our room, we mentioned this after the first night but it was not remedied.
There was no drinking water supplied in the room, the website says that still and sparkling water is supplied to each room. As the rooms were not made up, we had to ask for more coffee and milk - it would have been thoughtful to have offered these. As we had no phone, we had to go to the reception.

Our main complaint was the noise level. We had a delicious meal in the restaurant on our first evening. However the music which was being played, which was basically house music with a driving beat, was so loud that we couldn’t hear each other speak. We asked the waitress if it was possible to turn this down, she said that the manager would not allow this.
The same music was played in the garden; as our room overlooked the garden we had our windows open as it was such a hot night (there was no air conditioning, nor were fans supplied). This made sleeping very difficult.
We cancelled our meal for the second night because of the music. We visited a local pub and heard that several local residents had complained to the hotel about the noise level. We could easily hear the music 200 metres away from the hotel.

I emailed the hotel about the stay almost a week ago and have not yet even received an acknowledgment.

This was a very disappointing stay, and we will not be returning.

Reviewed 16 August 2020 via mobile

The food was excellent , the room small but spotlessly clean and the bath was huge. No signal on the tv but that wasn't a problem. The staff were friendly and seemed very busy but our food was delivered hot and without too much of a wait. Lovely having a stream running outside our bedroom window. The music was well chosen and the live band very good . The only downside to our stay was the volume of the music at the evening meal. It was like walking into a nightclub. We couldn't speak to each other or relax as it was actually blasting out. Not really what customers want especially when the waitress can't hear to take your order. We did have a lovely stay and Isobel on reception was very friendly and attentive.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2020

On the plus side the food was very nice and the temperature taking was very good.
Totally spoilt though as although we had booked a while ago , we weren’t able to sit at a normal table , we had to sit on high bistro style chairs at a high table with music blaring in our ears .My 67 yr old husband Had to change his chair as he kept on slipping off . We appeared to be the only people sitting on the high chairs as others were given proper tables
What an incredible absolute disappointment, we have eaten here previously many many times , stayed here and held 3 parties here . We had travelled for an hour to sit on ridiculous chairs. We should have left immediately, I so wish we had , what a total waste of our time and money ! We left in a hurray sadly without a dessert