2,103 results
All reviews executive room afternoon tea handpicked hotels relaxation room cream tea hand picked hotels newer part beautiful hotel glass of champagne wine list wedding party evening meal a la carte menu steam room special occasion separate building wedding breakfast
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We managed to get a last minute room at the Rookery after a bad experience at nearby hotel and were greeted by a member of staff who was very helpful.
We were shown to our room, which was lovely, spacious and light.
The spa area, pool and treatments were all excellent, although we were unable to have any of the hour long treatments as they were fully booked.
The cleaners were lovely, efficient and went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable.
Breakfast was great, lots of variety and lovely atmosphere.

The only downside to our stay was that we had booked their ‘fine dining experience’ on the second night. We arrived to find that there was one vegetarian option marked on the more reasonably priced menu which was gnocchi. Unable to have this for dietary reasons, we enquired with a waiter to see if the chef would be willing to do anything else, we were quite rudely and briskly told he would not by a waiter and therefore decided to leave and go elsewhere for dinner - luckily there was a lovely place just 10 minutes away.

Lovely hotel and spa, but eat elsewhere in the evening if you don’t want meat.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Really enjoyed our visit to Rookery Hall. We were due to visit a couple of weeks earlier but were unable to travel due to huge snowfalls in East Anglia. Fortunately we had booked via Off Peak Luxury who were extremely efficient in rearranging our booking.
The hotel is really typical of Hand Picked Luxury. Our (Executive) room was very comfortable and well appointed - the food was as good as you would expect from a 2 AA Rosette restaurant - but the real treat is the quality of the staff.
From the very friendly welcome in reception to the fantastic restaurant staff to the staff in the spa to the ladies cleaning the rooms, they are all brilliant.
So friendly and helpful - nothing too much trouble - a real joy.
Looking forward to finding an excuse to go back - can't wail - highly recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorwichSteve
Mart L, General Manager at Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear NorwichSteve,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor following your visit to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa.

I'm delighted to read that following the heavy snow we encountered, you managed to come and enjoy your stay as planned.

Thank you for your complimentary words regarding all aspects of your stay with ourselves. The team and I were delighted to read your comments.

Thank you for you recommendation to others and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The staff was excellent but the food was not good. The breakfast was ample but had to ask the second morning to make sure the English breakfast was hot. The evening meal was not good limited choice and had the same menu for 2 nights when I asked they said they changed it weekly. The main courses left much to be desired the first night I had shin beef not nice, the second night I had Salmon which was edible and my husband had chicken which was dry he had 2 small pieces and only ate one. We had lunch in the Spa which was quite nice but expensive for a cafe meal. Or room was in an annex not pleasant to have to go outside in cold weather to get there from the main hotel. This experience has put me off Hand Picked Hotels.

Room tip: 206, bed head was on wall, where the entrance to the annex was, making it noisy.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sandytravel2017

Dear sandytravel2017,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for your complimentary feedback regarding the team.

I was concerned to read your comments relating to your dining experiences. Your feedback has been discussed with our Chef and Restaurant Manager, both of whom have asked me to offer their personal apologies to you.

The Reception team aim to enquire as to how guests found their stay and encourage feedback. There is also a Duty Manager available at all times and I regret that you did not have the opportunity to meet with them in person. This would have enabled you to raise your disappointment and concerns at the time and given us the opportunity to resolve this for you prior to your departure.
It is disappointing to read that this experience has put you off Hand Picked Hotels as these are not comments we receive habitually.
I/we do welcome all guest feedback as this helps us to improve our standards and service for our guests and should you decide to stay with us again in the future please do contact me directly where I will look after your reservation personally .

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived at around 3:45 (check in was from 3pm) but our room wasn’t yet ready. We were, however offered a free drink in the bar and an upgrade to a double deluxe room, so a really nice touch!
The room was lovely. The tv in the bathroom wasn’t working but was fixed within minutes, really efficient staff. There was chewing gum in the plug hole and some tissue stuffed in the sink too? But otherwise faultless.
The evening meal was lovely, although the room a little cold.
The bed was amazingly comfy! Breakfast very nice however, the staff seemed massively over stretched. The poor girl serving breakfast to the whole room was ran off her feet, meaning service was a little slow but entirely not her fault.
When we’d checked out we went to the spa. This experience wasn’t great. We walked into the reception - no greeting from the girl behind the desk. We had no idea where we were going or where we got towels or gowns from. No instruction how to use the lockers. So we guessed our way through. The spa wasn’t as luxurious as we’d expected, more like an upmarket gym but I’d certainly not come here for just a spa day. Changing rooms needed a bit of attention - didn’t see one member of staff around.
Overall, the hotel is absolutely lovely, I’d give the spa a miss...and the staff are amazing but massively overstretched (we even heard certain staff having this gripe). Invest more in your staff and I’m sure it will be a better experience-spa receptionist needs to remember not everyone has been there before :)

Thank you Rookery Hall for a pleasant stay

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear katyw160o,

Thank you for your taking the time to review your recent visit to Rookery Hall Hotel & Spa on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry to read that your bedroom was not ready on arrival, however I am pleased to note that the team looked after you and that you were happy with your room upgrade.

Please accept my apologies for the issues you encountered on arrival to the room.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your evening meal and breakfast. I am sorry to hear that the room was a little cold during the evening. With regards to your breakfast experience I am sorry that the service was a little slow.

Your feedback regarding your visit to the Health Club & Spa has been shared with the team and the Health Club & Spa Manager would like to send his personal apologies to you, as this is certainly not the level of service any of our guests should receive.
Our Spa is an award winning spa and you can create and customise the ultimate spa day or spa break with ourselves by combining treatments and other treats. I am sorry that your recent experience did not reflect the quality and standard associated with this accolade.

Thank you again for your review and I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Having visited The Spa previously I looked forward to this visit.
I had a truly lovely day in every possible way. Perfect!
My treatments throughout the day exceeded my expectations and the products used were fabulous.
I have to thank Helen, a most lovely welcome and most attentive throughout my stay, nothing at all too much trouble and so very friendly. Lisa, thank you, the best massage Iv ever had, the two treatments I had from you were superb! Daisy, beautiful facial and scalp massage and perfect nails! Can’t wait for my next visit. Thank you ladies. I had the most lovely day.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank 264nats

Dear 264nats,

Thank you for visiting our Health Club & Spa again and for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor following your spa day.

I'm delighted to read that all elements of your visit you enjoyed. It certainly sounds like you left feeling relaxed and pampered.

I'll certainly be thanking the team members that you have mentioned personally and sharing your review with them. They will be pleased to receive your feedback.

We look forward to welcomihng you back.