2,008 results
All reviews spa break party night neck and shoulder massage park and fly course meal hen party spa facilities health club food was lovely couldn't fault an overnight stay one night stay good nights sleep following morning airport treatment taxi
Reviewed 28 August 2018

The hotel is classed as a 4 Star which I think is being generous. The check in/out was a bit chaotic, I don’t think it was the fault of the staff more problems with broadband/ technology. The rooms, corridors are in need of a refurbish and tidy up. All in all the hotel is very good, it’s close to Manchester airport and you can leave your car at the hotel if you are going on holiday, for a fee. The thing that made the hotel stand out for me was the food, the evening meal is excellent anyone reading this that lives in the area should eat there, a three course meal was £20.00 and is wonderful value.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
LindaGregory, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear guest ,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a posative review . I do aplogise your check in was a little chaotic . It was great to read you enjoyed your evening meal so much and found it good value .

kind regards ,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

I purchased a wowcher deal for Hallmark Hotel Manchester.

Unfortunately we could not have the 2 treatments within the package as the beauty spa was all fully booked for the day we were at the hotel (but I should be getting a partial refund from wowcher hopefully).
The room was very clean and well lit. The bathroom was very clean and to a high standard.
We had a 3 course meal with our booking however we decided to have this option as a room service offer. The hotel had no issues to provide this switch. The staff that bought the food to the room were extremely polite and friendly.

All staff members were super polite and helpful.
The gym and swimming pool were also to a clean, well maintained standard.
Although the poolside looked like it may need a little clean as there was a little green on one side but other than that it was ok.

I would definetly stay here again and will be recommending it to family & friends.

Thank you for a great stay!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Kimberleya4,

Thank you so much for providing such a lovely reveiw on your recent stay at the hotel . It was great to read you found the hotel clean and lovely and that our team members were so polite and friendly .
I do hope you we will be welcoming you back to the hotel at some time in the future .

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel as part of a meet and greet package before our flight.
Upon arrival the hotel in public spaces looks good and inviting and we were both impressed

However this lasted till we checked in !

We got our key card and was directed to the hotel lift !!
What an awful experience that was !!! Tiny rickety old thing with actual doors to open when you arrive at your floor !! It clonks it’s way up and it’s totally nerve wreaking

We arrived at our floor to dusty old pictures of wine ?? But they looked horrible and very dated.

We opened the door to our room 422 to be met by the oldest tattiest furniture I’ve ever seen in a hotel room!
* net curtains were so dirty they were grey
* window had black mold on and the top
* bed sheets had a black stain on
* the toilet was thick yellow urine cake under the rim
*bath had body fat scale on and was missing some enamel
* carpet smelled dusty and had debris on the floor
* the lampshade at the side of the bed had dust balls on it
* the mirror had clear film of dust in it
* the furniture had been painted and re pained and some paint was scratched off which was tatty
* room service consisted of a pizza burnt within an inch of its life and rock hard - and nachos with cheese that were so over cooked the nachos were all stuck together in a hard lump !!

Breakfast was nice to be fair - but after I argued that it WAS included in my room rate !!

We didn’t bother asking to move for only one simple reason !!!

My boyfriend had just come back from 8 months on deployment and I didn’t for him to deal with any more agrovation !!!

Stay Clear !!! Dirty and old and they have obviously spent money on the public facing areas but the rooms are shocking !

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alison P

Dear guest ,

Thank you for your review , it was disapointing to read you did not enjoy your stay with us and I am sorry this was the case .

Please be assured your comments will be investigated .

Kind regards

Reviewed 26 August 2018

We stayed here in May with car parking for two weeks. I had read a flurry of bad reviews leading up to our visit which did concern me but I figured I was relatively easy going so maybe the reviews wouldn't be our own experience. I must say though that I do agree with the bad reviews.

Car Parking for park and fly:

This is right around the back of the hotel. The ground is uneven so if it's been raining there will be puddles and potholes of water everywhere. I'm also not sure if there are security camera's back there or not although it is out of the way in what appears to be a really nice area. On a plus point there is loads of space to put your car - no tiny bays with the worry of people opening their doors onto your car.

Hotel itself and rooms:

As soon as we walked in we could see this hotel had issues as there were two people both queueing to complain at the reception. We had to wait a while whilst the receptionist changed their rooms before getting our own. We had emailed in advance to get a quiet room and we were allocated a room right next to the main doors which banged open and closed all the time with a window that didn't shut properly and didn't drown out the noise of a massive extractor fan right outside the window. Back to the reception we went to get another room, opposite side of the corridor a couple of rooms down. Still not great but we decided to make do. Other issues the room had was a lack of cleanliness. Dirty around the edges and a couple of hairs on the pillows!

Food:

We decided to order food off the room service menu. When it came parts of it were literally stone cold and it was delivered without cutlery. We complained to the manager about that and various room issues as by then it really felt like we were in Faulty Towers and everything was going wrong. To be fair the manager did put it right by giving us the meal for free (a new hot one) plus drinks and he also told us he would check our wake up call for us to make sure it was set. We had the food which was okay and had an early night, sleeping ok considering we were still fairly close to the banging door.

In the morning we woke up to our phones which we had fortunately set. No wake up call at all from the hotel so we could have missed our flight. All in all a very disappointing stay and we wouldn't come back here again. We normally stay at either of the Premier Inn's on Runger Lane and book this and the car parking (on Manchester Airport's official site) seperately well in advance to get good prices and this is much cheaper than the Hallmark even when you factor in a couple of £8 taxi transfers and the consistant quality of the Premier Inn blows the Hallmark out of the water.

Room tip: No point requesting as they wont give what you want!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear guest ,

thank you for your reveiw , it was disapointing you did not enjoy your stay with us . I do hope other guests will take not of the numerous complimnetary reveiws on there stays with us .

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

This Hallmark cost £180 for an overnight stay before an early flight, 2 3-course meals, our car parked in their car park for 2 weeks and return taxi transfer.
The hotel is ok but a bit tired and in need of a little TLC. Our room was on the ground floor overlooking a vent unit. It was clean, the bed comfy and had tea and coffee making facilities. The furniture was a bit worn with a chip or scratch here and there.
The meal was good but service a bit slow (2 hours from start to finish). The bar isn't cheap but there's plenty to choose from.
It did the job!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay .

It was good to read you enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope at some point you will consider us again for the future .