“Perfect mini spa break”
Review of Crewe Hall

Crewe Hall
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crewe
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Went to Crewe Hall for my wifes 50th birthday, a suprise from the kids.
Arrived about 11 o'clock and although the room wasn't ready we were welcome to use the facilities immediately. Decided to have a look around and have some lunch before checking in. The lunch was included in the spa break and was very good and could be taken either day.
After checking in we decided to upgrade to a four poster room in the old part of the hotel for £25. The room was very nice, albeit a little on the warm side even for the end of February, may be too warm in the summer months, I think this was due to being very close to the boiler room, it wasn't a major issue but it might be useful to others.
The evening meal was very well cooked, fresh and with decent portions, the spa break allows up to £26 per person for this meal which meant that the locally produced steak was off the menu for us, but we could have paid the extra.
The break included full use of the pool which we used and the gym which we didn't and 2 spa treatments each (I gallantly gave one of mine to my wife) which were taken the following morning after a full and continental breakfast.
For around £100 per person it is not a cheap night away, but it is a very good value one, we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
MartLouwerse, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear neilsalop,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa break with us at Crewe Hall which was a surprise gift.

I was delighted to read your detailed account of your stay with us and that the food, Spa break and levels of service were very well received. We have a great team here at Crewe Hall as each and every member of staff is proud of the product and services we offer, and it’s a pleasure to receive such feedback from our guests.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write about Crewe Hall Hotel.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my birthday treat 3 years ago and were so impressed that my husband booked it again for my 40th birthday last April when we also renewed our wedding vows. (a surprise to me). We stayed for 3 nights and found the staff very helpful, especially Andrew who helped my husband during the planning stage. We stayed in a suite, in fact we booked 3 different suites for our family. We had the Kings suite and it was fabulous, with a seperate area with 2 sofas, 2 tv's and plenty of room to spread out.The other suites were all different but beautifully furnished. Most of our family stayed in the new part and were also impressed with their rooms.
The hotel is simply stunning and has 2 seperate distinct areas, the old part and the new extension. I spent some time in the spa and found the staff there to be helpful and professional, they did a great job of my make up on the day. My kids enjoyed the pool and it was never overcrowded.
The food was a bit hit and miss, Breakfast was great each morning, lots of choice and the food was cooked fresh. We had room service for lunch and had sandwiches with hand cut chips which were the best chips I've ever eaten (and I've eaten lots!!). Dinner in the brassarie was also great but the service was very slow. The food served during our wedding breakfast was fantastic. My only criticism was the beef was served a little too rare for my taste and some of our guests. It would have been nice if they asked how our guests would like it. The creme brulee was amazing. The food served in the evening wasn't great, we opted for sausage and bacon sandwiches with chunky chips. They were not presented very well and the chips were a little undercooked. I did't actually eat any of them as I was still full from our meal.
I was a little disappointed with the staff on the day of our renewal of our vows as there wasn't much communication on the day. After our meal we were asked to leave the room while they prepared it for the evening. This took much longer than anticipated and our evening guests were arriving and there was not much room in the bar area. It was well after 9pm when the room was finally ready when we were told it would be ready by 8pm. I wouldn't say it spoiled our day and I think all our guests seemed to have a great time.
I would definately recommend this hotel for just a short break or for a wedding, The rooms are amazing especially in the old building. The grounds are stunning and we have some great Wedding pictures. I hope to return again soon for a relaxing break

Room Tip: Stay in the old building, the rooms are amazing especially the suites.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear vick11

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your weekend with us three years ago for your birthday and surprise renewal of vows.

It appears that overall you had a great stay with us, and I hope that the weekend holds happy memories for you,

As I am sure you can appreciate, the hotel has a new management team in place, including myself, however your comments will still be passed on to the relevant departments to help with their team training. I will personally pass your thanks onto Andrew, as he is still working hard as our senior wedding planner at the hotel.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write about Crewe Hall Hotel, and I hope it will not be long before we can welcome you back.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed at the hotel for work and was surprised at the lack of service, poor quality food and drink we experienced throughout our stay. Dinner was served late, the vegetarian in our group was given meat and fish in his main meal, choice of alcohol was poor (and expensive) and no food or drink was sourved locally. Additional cutlery was not provided at dinner for steak or the after dinner cheese and at breakfast I was not offered a warm drink. I also had to retrieve cutlery from another table! The old house feels completely disjointed from the new hotel and brasserie with confusing signage. Overall I was very disappointed with my stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rotelharp
MartLouwerse, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear Rotelharp,

Thank you for your review with regards to your recent stay with us at Crewe Hall, however I was very disappointed to hear about your experience at the hotel.

I have shared your concerns with both the Restaurant Manager and Executive Head Chef to ensure that they take lessons from your feedback.

I would however really appreciate it if you could contact me personally at the hotel about your experience on 01270 253333.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We got a very good deal on this hotel, unfortunately I hadn't appreciated it was on the same day as the bridal fayre!
When reaching our room it smelt of smoke and this was immediately rectified by being shown to another room. I couldn't fault the service.
The spa was lovely and relaxing, the room was very clean and comfortable and when ordering room service the food was delicious. I only had two minor niggles, the initial being that they didn't have the sparkling wine that i wanted there was an alternative offered but this was more expensive and there was no allowance for that. I was a little disappointed that our dinner was served in the bistro, although I would say that there was nothing wrong with the food, the menu was limited and when I came to have lunch the next day ended up with the same starter. the bistro was cold and don't think that you have to dress up as I thought I would but then I thought I would be dining in the main hall as I had on a previous visit!! As I said they are only niggles and it certainly wouldn't put me off going again or recommending it to other people. The service was excellent and for me that is very important.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear LiverpoolLam

I would like to thank you for your review on your recent stay at Crewe Hall for a spa break.

I was disappointed to hear that you experienced a couple of issues whilst staying at the hotel. I am unsure as to why the wine you requested was unavailable, but have asked the Brasserie Manager to look into this. Our Brasserie Chef has since changed our restaurant menu to ensure it is in line with what our guests would expect including locally sourced items.

I hope that this will not deter you from visiting the hotel as we look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

My sister took us and our mum to Crewe Hall for a full spa day and meal in the main restaurant. The staff and entire day were faultless and very relaxing. The spa includes beautiful treatment rooms and waiting area, as well as a medium pool, jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, experience shower, ice bath and heated stone seats. The hotel was easy to find and absolutely stunning architecturally. A visit/tour of the main section of the oldest part of the building was a great way to finish a perfect day. We are hoping to go back soon!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
MartLouwerse, General Manager at Crewe Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Laura B

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent spa day with us here at Crewe Hall.

I was glad to read that you felt your visit was top notch and that the day itself and staff were faultless. It appears that you thoroughly enjoyed yourself. We look forward to your return.

I hope it will not be too long before we welcome you back to Crewe Hall.

Mart Louwerse

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crewe
7.5 km away
27.3 km away
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Crewe Hall? Share your experiences!