Alderley Edge Hotel
Kingsley Lodge(Wilmslow)
Excellent 5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
Moat Hall Motel(Marthall)
Excellent 5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
    Legh Arms(Prestbury)
    Very Good 4/5
    All reviewsbridal suitespecial occasionfor sunday lunchfunction roomon arrivalmain restaurantbreakfast was excellentwedding guestsafternoon teafrom start to finishbrasseriestartersalderleycheshiretattonconservatoryrefurb
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is very well located for the town where there are lots of nice bars and places to eat but the hotel itself is underwhelming. My room was clean but tired. A new restaurant was in the middle of being added meaning they only could offer soup and sandwiches to eat. The bar area was unwelcoming and not somewhere I would want to relax. My frustration was that nowhere on hotels.com was this mentioned? The hotel should have informed hotels.com so I was aware of the work before I arrived. I could then have made an informed choice whether to stay there or not. Based on these issues I felt the hotel was over priced (and empty). Shame.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
    1  Thank simon c
    John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Simon

Thank you for your overall feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hotel.

My apologies that you were not informed when you made your reservation about the Hotel refurbishment. Before the refurbishment works started we had informed all On Line Travel Agents that the refurbishment project was due to begin early September and we also contacted all guests who had booked directly with the Hotel to ensure that the message was consistent. We also communicated to the OTAs that the food offering thought out the part closure would be limited due to only having a temporary kitchen.

We have tried to make sure that the Hotel still looks and feels presentable and welcoming under the circumstances, which is often difficult due to the limited facilities.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Renovations and upgrading of rooms are under way here - much needed, because as the management agree, the place is tired and drab with worn furnishings , ancient plumbing and peeling paintwork. Staff are friendly and do their best, and no complaints on cleanliness. Breakfast was plentiful, and the lady who served us was most courteous and efficient. Location is excellent, being only a quick stroll from the buzzy high street and its trendy bars and eateries. But given its expensive room rates (this is Premier League footballer territory) and current air of dilapidation, it may be wiser to wait for the refurbishments to be finished.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. Some rooms very small.
    • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Guest

As you rightly mention the Hotel is now under going a refurbishment of all public areas, Restaurant, Bar, Reception, Function Rooms and all 50 bedrooms. Once complete the Hotel will look and feel far more appealing.

Thank you for your positive words about your overall breakfast experinace and that you found my Team friendly.

Thank you again and I do hope you return once the refurbishment works are compete.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We had an over night stay with 3 other couples. The room was dated and very basic! There was a wedding taking place which meant we weren't able to use the hotel bar. I feel we should have been notified about this as when we asked where we could get a drink, We were shown into a room with tables and chairs, no atmosphere or music and had our drinks brought to us. We couldn't use the garden area either so we quickly drank up and headed out, feeling like 2nd class citizens as we weren't part of the wedding function. The hotel was also being refurbished so had some disruptions to landings and door entrances!!
    When checking out we reported our disappointment to the man about being unable to use the bar area but we didn't even get an apology. Won't be staying again!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
    John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest

First and foremost I must apologise in regards to your overall experience at the Hotel.

As you rightly mention you should have been notified that the Residents Bar was not available due to a Wedding taking place and that we would be serving drinks in one of our Meeting Rooms as a temporary measure.

From discussing your comments with my Deputy Manager, to compensate for the lack of facilities we gave you a complimentary bottle of Prosecco which I hope you enjoyed.

Thank you again and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

We were expecting a high standard from a hotel in affluent Alderly Edge but we were disappointed. This is a drab, old-fashioned (and not in a positive sense) hotel. The carpets in the rooms were dirty and no complementary slippers were provided. It is a long time since we have been to a hotel where there is a shower curtain in the bath, rather than a rigid screen. They are refurbishing the restaurant area but I think they should give the entire hotel a face-lift.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your overall feedback in regard to your recent stay at the Hotel.

My apologies that you found your bedroom dated and old-fashioned. Apart from the public areas being refurbished we will be refurbishing all 50 of our bedrooms early next year and as you rightly mention they are in need of it.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit in 20 years and my initial reaction was nothing had changed as some of it felt very dated. To be fair the owners know this and it is being completely refurbished over the next 3 months. My room was very small, with a tiny TV, but the bathroom was nice, bright, clean and well equipped. Top end price-wise IMHO. Really nice breakfast buffet, with an excellent selection.
    The best thing about the hotel was the staff, who could not have been more welcoming or professional and dealt with a small issue very well.
    One minor watch out - the taxi company hired through the hotel took us to the wrong destination. Make sure they know where they are going!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
    John S, General Manager at Alderley Edge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Guest

As you rightly mention the Hotel is under going a major refurbishment of all public areas, function rooms and bedrooms and once complete the Hotel will look fantastic.

Thank you for your kind words in regards to my Team and our breakfast offering, your comments are much appreciated.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.