Alderley Edge Hotel(Alderley Edge)
US$119
US$116
Hotels.com
US$76
US$137
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$159/night.

US$91
US$79
  • Restaurant
Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
US$145
US$147
US$132
Deanwater Hotel(Stockport)
US$132
US$87
  • Restaurant
All reviewsa large family roomsuperb qualitybar arearoad noisethe pubmerlinwilmslowalderleyhandforth
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We staued here as we were attending a party in Wilmslow. All the other places were booked up due to a wedding in the area. On arrival we waited at the bar to check in. The staff were serving drinks. We waited longer than i thought we should have.
The room was basic but ok.
I sat down at the dressing table to get ready but the mirror was way too high to see. Had to kneel on the stool. See picture. Shower was fine. Had a good night sleep.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

If you like sleeping on a bed with nothing between the mattress and the sheet, this hotel is for you. We had quite an uncomfortable 2 nights on a bed that seemed to slope from one side to the other and we could feel every bump and ridge in the mattress because there was no mattress pad between the mattress and sheet. One wonders about the sanitary implications....Yuck. We tried remaking the bed by inserting the extra duvet from the closet but noticed that had stains all over it....yuck again. This is not a quiet hotel. Our room was over the bar area downstairs and we could hear music until about 11:30....also we ran low on toilet tissue and maid service did not seem to notice or care....we will not be back.

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I've never stayed somewhere so terrible in all my life. I came to the area to work at last minute and unfortunately everywhere else was booked up, so I had to stay here. My first impressions were that it seemed like a Travelodge/Premier Inn type of place.

On arrival my reservation was not found in their system, so a man (who seemed to be the manager...) looked to see if they had any rooms free. Fortunately they had a family room available which was fine. However, apparently they had a new IT system brought in recently and he didn't have a clue how to use it, neither did ANY of the other staff there... I was stood at the bar for over an hour whilst he tried to figure it out. He called someone for help who also didn't know how to do it. Then he asked me to re-book online, but there was no signal in the building and the wifi wouldn't work so I couldn't. He gave me their landline phone to ring up the reservations team and book. The worst part is that he asked me to pretend on the phone that I wasn't in the hotel so they didn't know he couldn't work the system! But they were closed because it was past 6pm by this point (I arrived just after 5!). Eventually he figured out that he was just pressing the wrong button and checked me in.

The whole time this was happening there were a few people at the bar, not many, and 1 other bartender working. It wasn't busy. But whilst trying to sort out my room, he kept flitting back to the bar and serving people who'd been waiting a couple of minutes when I'd been waiting an hour! Absolute joke.

The room was mediocre. Breakfast was awful - stale croissants, small boxed cereals and apples - nothing else. The only good thing was they had nutri-grain bars I could take away. I ate in the restaurant one night and the food was average, but very over-priced for what it was.

I would definitely not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Manager_TheMerlin, General Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Lucy,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the events you encountered on your recent stay with us here at The Merlin. I will be sure to investigate what happened on your arrival and ensure that this does not happen again. All the team have received full training so I'm unsure as to why they handled the situation in this way.
I would really like the opportunity to discuss you feedback in more detail and the opportunity to apologise.
Please could you email me with your contact details so that I can begin to restore your faith within The Innkeepers Lodge here at The Merlin in Alderley Edge
Kind regards
Kimberley Buck
enquiry@themerlin.co.uk

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Good location, handy for the local villages and bypass. Room was modern and relatively clean, beds comfortable, minimal interaction with staff who were not unpleasant, nice atmosphere and plenty of space to park, wifi was a bit hit and miss.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 to 7 are along the creaky corridor.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased to tell you that our wifi has now been upgraded so is no longer 'hit and miss' but much more reliable.
We do hope we can welcome you back again soon
Regards
Team Merlin

Reviewed 15 April 2017

So it's very sad to have to share this story for what is otherwise an ok gastro pub with rooms. I have a dash cam in my car and on a routine check recently watched a member of this Merlin Innkeepers Lodge staff coming out of the building rear staff entrance, walking over to my car and then spening a couple of minutes at each corner of the car. I couldn't work out what exactly was going on until I later came to try and check the air in my tyres... when I discovered each of my metal tyre valve covers had been glued on!!!!!! If I had previously made a complaint in the hotel about anything at all then I might of partly understood this juvenile act, but the visit was a complete non event, perfectly fine but nothing remarkable. It concerns me that if Innkeepers lodge have disgruntled, unhappy employees prepared to interfere with someones car, then what next? Have they also been leaving objects under tyres, pouring something into exhaust pipes.... travellers beware, I will not be staying here again.

innkeepers Lodge Wilmslow, you need to get your house in order and yes I will be considering a call to the Police to discuss next steps regarding this matter, it's vandalism...

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank nouster
Manager_TheMerlin, General Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Good afternoon Nouster,

I have tried to contact you with reference to your feedback and I am yet to get a response.

I have investigated your claim and have found no evidence to substantiate your comments.

If you have not received my message through TripAdvisor and see this reply I would be grateful if you could contact me directly.

Kind regards