“Very poor.”

Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge
Reviewed 17 July 2017

My wife and I booked an overnight stay at the hotel, on arrival we were met at the bar area by a pleasant member of staff asked to pay for the room before our stay and given the key to room 5. Having left the bar and entered the area to the bottom of the stairs we noticed a shall I say 'smell', and I'm sorry to say that the walls, doors and carpet can only be described as filthy. The bad smell continued into the room which was tiny (a single room at best) extremely hot on a warm summers day and desperately in need of renovation. There was no way we could stay here, and to the credit of the duty manager was given a full refund. Sadly it meant we had to return home to North Wales a wasted break from work not to mention the expense of fuel, food etc.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Manager_TheMerlin, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

robertwB6313LH, we are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Innkeeper's Lodge Wilmslow, Alderley Edge. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns and work towards a resolution. If you would like to discuss the issue further please reach out to us directly at 01625599959 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Leighanna and the team

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We staued here as we were attending a party in Wilmslow. All the other places were booked up due to a wedding in the area. On arrival we waited at the bar to check in. The staff were serving drinks. We waited longer than i thought we should have.
The room was basic but ok.
I sat down at the dressing table to get ready but the mirror was way too high to see. Had to kneel on the stool. See picture. Shower was fine. Had a good night sleep.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

If you like sleeping on a bed with nothing between the mattress and the sheet, this hotel is for you. We had quite an uncomfortable 2 nights on a bed that seemed to slope from one side to the other and we could feel every bump and ridge in the mattress because there was no mattress pad between the mattress and sheet. One wonders about the sanitary implications....Yuck. We tried remaking the bed by inserting the extra duvet from the closet but noticed that had stains all over it....yuck again. This is not a quiet hotel. Our room was over the bar area downstairs and we could hear music until about 11:30....also we ran low on toilet tissue and maid service did not seem to notice or care....we will not be back.

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I've never stayed somewhere so terrible in all my life. I came to the area to work at last minute and unfortunately everywhere else was booked up, so I had to stay here. My first impressions were that it seemed like a Travelodge/Premier Inn type of place.

On arrival my reservation was not found in their system, so a man (who seemed to be the manager...) looked to see if they had any rooms free. Fortunately they had a family room available which was fine. However, apparently they had a new IT system brought in recently and he didn't have a clue how to use it, neither did ANY of the other staff there... I was stood at the bar for over an hour whilst he tried to figure it out. He called someone for help who also didn't know how to do it. Then he asked me to re-book online, but there was no signal in the building and the wifi wouldn't work so I couldn't. He gave me their landline phone to ring up the reservations team and book. The worst part is that he asked me to pretend on the phone that I wasn't in the hotel so they didn't know he couldn't work the system! But they were closed because it was past 6pm by this point (I arrived just after 5!). Eventually he figured out that he was just pressing the wrong button and checked me in.

The whole time this was happening there were a few people at the bar, not many, and 1 other bartender working. It wasn't busy. But whilst trying to sort out my room, he kept flitting back to the bar and serving people who'd been waiting a couple of minutes when I'd been waiting an hour! Absolute joke.

The room was mediocre. Breakfast was awful - stale croissants, small boxed cereals and apples - nothing else. The only good thing was they had nutri-grain bars I could take away. I ate in the restaurant one night and the food was average, but very over-priced for what it was.

I would definitely not stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Manager_TheMerlin, General Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Lucy,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the events you encountered on your recent stay with us here at The Merlin. I will be sure to investigate what happened on your arrival and ensure that this does not happen again. All the team have received full training so I'm unsure as to why they handled the situation in this way.
I would really like the opportunity to discuss you feedback in more detail and the opportunity to apologise.
Please could you email me with your contact details so that I can begin to restore your faith within The Innkeepers Lodge here at The Merlin in Alderley Edge
Kind regards
Kimberley Buck
enquiry@themerlin.co.uk

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Good location, handy for the local villages and bypass. Room was modern and relatively clean, beds comfortable, minimal interaction with staff who were not unpleasant, nice atmosphere and plenty of space to park, wifi was a bit hit and miss.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 to 7 are along the creaky corridor.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased to tell you that our wifi has now been upgraded so is no longer 'hit and miss' but much more reliable.
We do hope we can welcome you back again soon
Regards

3.5 km away
The Stanneylands
The Stanneylands
#2 of 5 in Wilmslow

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Alderley Edge? Share your experiences!