1,364 results
All reviews national trust afternoon tea andre garrett astor grill outdoor pool chewton glen downton abbey french dining visited cliveden tasting menu main hall steeped in history spring cottage stately home special occasion formal gardens lady astor suite
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We were welcomed at Cliveden for a special birthday celebration. The hotel arranged for us to have a private room.The food, and the service, was quite outstanding. Lukas looked after us in exemptary fashion. The hotel is everything it is cracked up to be.

Room tip: We did not stay, so cannot comment on the rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kevin B, General Manager at Cliveden House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Thank you for your review.

Cliveden really is the place for celebrations - nowhere can add the "special" to a special occasion better than this lovely old house.

I have passed your thanks on to Lukas - he really is quite a star in the making.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic afternoon tea with my Mum. Such a beautiful hotel and surroundings. Staff were very helpful and attentive and the food was beautifully presented and very tasty. Would highly recommend Cliveden to my friends.

Date of stay: April 2018

Thank you so much for your recommendation - I wholeheartedly agree - but I would say that wouldn't I?

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We couldn't have had a better experience! A lovely table overlooking the grounds, attentive staff, champagne on arrival delicious sandwiches and cakes, even hot chocolate in a tea pot so she feel grown up!
Highly recommended afternoon.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review.

Full Afternoon Tea in a stately home hotel (especially Cliveden)) really is one of those special experiences that has to be done to discover the pleasure it can give.

I am glad you all had a wonderful time

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We checked in for 1 night for my husbands birthday and as we arrived and they showed us our room we were not that impressed. Thankfully they offered us a suite after we complained which was perfectly nice.
The restaurant is very elegant and we enjoyed the evening with friends at the hotel!

Thanks so much!

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerJ123

It is excellent news that you enjoyed your stay.

Each of Cliveden's rooms are unique and they come in a variety of sizes and a selection of views - we usually find one that will suit most of our guests' tastes.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the house very soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Cliveden house is beautiful from the outside, atmospheric on the inside, with a sleek, calming spa. It’s a stunning National Trust property, but i wouldn’t say it’s a great hotel. It’s seriously overpriced, and it’s also rather lacking in ambience. Our room was lovely... and the Easter egg was a sweet touch, but no tea and coffee making facilities in a room costing £700 a night is completely unacceptable - it implies this is a hotel aimed solely at people with more money than sense. Incidentally, two cups of tea delivered to your room would cost £22. I would absolutely recommend visiting on a day trip or spa day, perhaps for afternoon tea so you can experience the house interior and soak up the history. We enjoyed our night away, but I don’t think Cliveden compares favourably to hotels like Lime Wood or Dormy House.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anna B

I am pleased that there were a number of elements of Cliveden you enjoyed - the Spa is really wonderful having only recently been fully refurbished and the history of the house stretching back over the last 350 years is amazing.

Tea and coffee making facilities a for the room are available on request for those that do not want to avail themselves of the 24 room service. I do hope you were not charged £22 for two teas in the room as this would most definitely not been correct!

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the house in the near future.