“Amazing Christmas Lunch”

The Apple Tree
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Myself and my family had Christmas Lunch here, which was amazing and fantastic value at £75.95 a head. Food was delicious and plentiful and Rudi & his team added to our Christmas day fun with their happy and attentive service, nothing was too much trouble.

We left there extremely happy and will be returning very soon. Thank you guys for making our Christmas lunch one to remember .

AppleTreeSL97AH, General Manager at The Apple Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Dear Sallyannie66,

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am really happy you had a great experience.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Rudi & The Team

Reviewed 4 January 2017

amazing christmas day @ the apple tree. Parsnip & apple soup, turkey with all the trimmings and christmas pud with whiskey cream. Food envy over my son's apple tart tatin. Nice buzzy atmosphere and great service by the team of staff.Booking now for my husband's birthday.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Just enjoyed a wonderfully cooked rare fillet steak. Rare is rare and it came out absolutely perfect. Lovely onion tart on the plate generously smothered in Stilton. 1 or 2 management on and although eating in the bar area, were very attentive. Lovely late lunch and would highly recommend.

AppleTreeSL97AH, General Manager at The Apple Tree, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2017

Dear Harry W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Regards
Rudi & The Team

Reviewed 29 December 2016

Having spent many a good lunch and evening at The Apple Tree over the years, I decided to treat my family to Christmas lunch out. It was a luxury and I thought at £75 per head (there were 7 of us) and the £65 tip that was presented to us on a bill, it would be an amazing treat.

I was wrong! The moment we arrived, no one greeted us with a smile and “Happy Christmas," no lovely carols playing in the background. We were shown to our table; the only sign of Christmas was a cheap cracker and miserable staff. The festivity was made by ourselves as we started to sing a few carols to brighten up a very dull atmosphere and the table next to us joined in. The food was served by various staff, not one of them looked happy about it and drinks orders were late.

May I suggest next year, even though we will not be there, a waiter is allocated to a certain table, serving with a smile, music and table decorations, just to make it special.

You should be ashamed of yourselves Apple Tree, for what appeared to be a money grabbing opportunity.

1  Thank 130linda2016

Dear 130Linda2016,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. I am sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience on Christmas day.

We strive for great food and service every day. I would like to help turn your lackluster experience around. If you're willing, please contact me at 01753 887335 or enquiry@theappletreegerrardscross.co.uk to discuss what we can do.

Rudi

Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

Arrived at 12.30 for 1.00 only to be told our booking was for 12.30 and we had to be out by 2.30....some start. We confirmed our reservation was for 1.00, but we missed our drink at the bar.
Beef Wellington was well done and came with undercooked roast potatoes. The table behind complained about the same thing. Perhaps the chef was expecting us 30 mins later as well. There were NO other vegetables served.
Final bill was overcharged by £20 which was removed after I queried it.
Paid the compulsory £18 service charge, for absolutely minimal service, including 3 requests for the same bottle of wine,.......because it was xmas day and I simply did not want a fuss.
My Follow up complaint letter to Head Office will hopefully rectify what I consider to be poor value.
Could not recommend eating here.

3  Thank siralex1

Dear Siralex1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I have been in contact with you ever since.

We look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Rudi