“Bono Italiano”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Helpful friendly owner. Clean & good ambience, but too noisy for decent conversation. Prompt service and good food. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Had a really lovely meal here a few weeks ago.
Service is friendly and welcoming albeit the actual time to serve food is slow and the restaurant was packed on a busy Tuesday evening.
The calamari and zucchini fritti was nice and a very generous portion size, not quite perfectly cooked but near enough.
The main course was absolutely delicious, the wild boar ragu pappardelle was again a good sized portion and very tasty.
Wine was perfectly acceptable quality, coffee was very average and bitter edge but hey that’s just my subjective opinion and being half Italian I know they prefer their coffee with a kick rather than being more balanced!
Overall an excellent meal and the only thing that stops this getting a 5* rating is the cost. To be fair if I ran a site in one of the most affluent towns in the whole country I would charge the same, but a little less margin on the menu and wine would lead to me being a more frequent visitor.
Lovely food though and nice ambience :-)

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I visited here mid week for the first time.

I ordered off the specials for my meal, and had the mushrooms and polenta followed by the truffle and burratta tortelloni.

The polenta itself was a bit disappointing as only the mushrooms had flavour, the polenta was bland and tasteless.

My main course made up for it however. My pasta was delicious! Would definitely eat it again! Though a bigger portion would be appreciated.

For dessert I had the chocolate soufflé , which came out from the kitchen no more than 30 seconds after I ordered so sadly not a fresh soufflé but one that was microwaved....

It was meant to be served with whipped cream but sadly I got served this luke warm thin pouring cream instead. It was ok but nothing to write home about.

Overall I felt it was a little expensive for what it was, however the menu is varied and the waiters were very attentive, and for the most part our food was delicious.

Will definitely give it another go.

1  Thank Pi-Anna-3
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Visited on Friday with the family and friends, restaurant was very busy and I thought we might have been delayed but no the service was excellent and the food is outstanding as always and the fuss that was made to me and wife felt like being at home with my parents. Very well looked after and always reasonably priced had a great night. Thoroughly recommend
Ps try the wild boar ragù best I ever had

Reviewed 23 February 2018

We like to come here after the cinema for a quick italian meal. The restaurant is always full at the weekends so booking is required but its well worth the visit because the service is good and the food tasty and reliable.