“Amazing quality steak”
Review of Lomito

Lomito
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Have eaten many times at Goodmans, Gaucho, etc etc and the steak served in Lomito really is the best. Cooked to absolute perfection.

Great service too, the tables were staggered rather than having two or three sittings.

Pricey but worth it for the quality.

Try the sharing platter for two people - four types of steak.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We tried the new Lomito restaurant in Gerrards Cross for the first time this week. On first impressions the restaurant is a fantastic addition to the town. It is a good size, nice modern decor and a good buzz in the room. Unfortunately the service was very slow, and got slower as the restaurant filled up and noisier. It seemed that there was one waiter for half the room and he couldn't cope. The tables are close together (why not stagger them a bit.. ? and when you have neighbours either side you have to shout to hear each other. The steak was excellent - we both had Ribeye and it was full of flavour and had great texture. The chips were nicely cooked and presented too. We would have loved to try dessert but after waiting for more than 30 mins for a waiter to even come over and clear our main course plates we had gone off the idea. The price warrants a much better level of service.. if they can fix this I am sure it will have a good future ahead..

Reviewed 11 August 2017

We used to frequent the Northwood venue when we lived there and so pleased Lomito has opened in Gerrards Cross, as we've moved to Amersham. Cocktails were good, starters disappointing - my soft shell tempura crab was not tempura batter and very heavy. My husband's short rib did not fall off the bone or melt in the mouth. I should have stuck to ordering what I know are excellent - their specialities, the empanadas! My husband and I chose not to have steak which I know is also excellent. We opted for swordfish which was well cooked along with great side dishes. The humitas was simply divine (sweetcorn based). Banoffee pie was delightful and we shall return for steaks next time. We did feel a little rushed though and when you are paying this much for a meal, this should not be the case. (Note - if you stick to the Argentinian dishes, you won't go wrong.)

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My husband and I visited Lomito a week after it had opened. The staff were welcoming and our waitress very attentive. We were shown the steaks on a board to help us choose which one to have from the menu. I chose a fillet steak which was perfectly cooked, tender and delicious. The meal was rather pricey but worth it for a treat.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Must book a table - the only time we could get was 18.30 or 20.30, it was very busy restaurant. The tempura soft shell crab was not as crispy as I expected. My fillet steak was cooked perfectly and the chips were crisp. My dessert was very good. Expensive at £54 per person with 1 glass of wine.

1  Thank monica152016