1,491 results
All reviews thai restaurant english restaurant glass of champagne copper bath groupon deal thai massage afternoon tea champagne on arrival wet room course meal velvet walls stuffed animals leather floor animal heads black leather mirrored ceiling main bar
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Don't listen to all the negative reviews. My husband and I have just come home from a fantastic stay at the hotel. We stayed in suite 33. Beautiful food, lovely staff, gorgeous place. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here with a group-on voucher and got a superior room. Apparently the package I paid £339 for should have cost £700 which is shocking really. Anyway the rooms have got the wow factor and are immaculate. I would definitely go back at a much lower price but as it stands group-on or not it’s not worth it, the flute of champagne your meant to get on arrival Is in fact the smallest glass with a few mouthfuls in. The bottle of champagne your meant to get that’s meant to be worth £225 is really £70 to buy.
Other than the unique rooms there’s nothing really to do. They have a heated pool etc outside but when it’s raining there’s nothing else but to sit in bar and pay over the odds for drinks and snacks.
The Thai restaurant is lovely and intimate perfect for any couple. I would recommend people to go purely to see the rooms and Thai restaurant etc but needs to be at a much lower cost.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Having read some of the highly critical reviews, all I can say is that their descriptions do not tally at all with our experience. The rooms are amazing and quirky, the food is excellent, and yes it's not cheap but you get what you pay for which in our case was an enjoyable and memorable stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful; and they make it abundantly clear at all times what is included in the price and what isn't.

1  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 2 April 2018

As some others have said, really wanted to go to this place for a while as the rooms look lush! Admittedly we booked the cheapest which was a 'tiny town house' for £149. Which by the way is non refundable once booked and they take the funds immediately.

The room was really tiny. It was awkward for a couple, he was ironing and i had to stay on the bed until he finished. the room was dark and cosy and i loved it until i had to get ready for dinner. I basically got ready in the dark which was not ideal. You wouldn't rent this out as a double bedroom and the description gave the impression of possibly a mezzanine?

Dinner reservations i had made over the phone yet when we arrived, our reservation couldn't be found. That was embarrassing. So we went to the bar and spent £26 on 2 drinks. We were offered a table 2 hours from now but decided we weren't supposed to eat here and took a stroll. The area offers pubs and restaurants so we went for a curry at a lovely place called Basmati. Basmatti were extremely friendly and accommodating.Theres also a Zizzi just around the corner, a pub called the white hart and a few others so you can dine locally for less. I was advised the Royal standard is very good for food and its only 8 mins drive.

The Cocktail bar was stunning and lead out to the pool area (which again was not clear in the booking terms that actually the only facilities are outdoors. It was too cold to utilise) The terms stated 'hotel residents have access to the pool and Jacuzzi in Beaconsfield' This lead me to believe there may be somewhere local to go to. But there wasn't. So our early arrival was not really necessary since we got there at 4pm, were walked across the road to our room. This changed my dress attire since i had to get across the road in the rain i was not prepared to wear the dress i bought, and our 730pm dinner reservation weren't booked and so we had a curry and went back to the room.

As a business model their terms make sense in respect to - If you are caught drinking your own alcohol you will be charged £25 per bottle. And the Included breakfast was lovely but it was unclear that a Hot breakfast would be an additional charge. But to the customer its just a big money maker and i felt abit cheated just because of a nicely decorated place, i didn't feel i got much for my money.

3 or 4 drinks in the bar, plus the cost of dinner, breakfast and a room you could easily spend £300 or more.

This is for the rich. not for the wanna be rich. The experience was dissapointing but still nice.

I found staff not to be rude but not very freindly either. I felt out of place and was happy to get home to my spacious, bright room and jump straight in bed.

I wont be going back thats for sure.

Room Tip: tiny townhouse backs onto a church so the hourly chimes might not suit some.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It’s all a bit OTT here and we loved it! If you like a laid back experience then this is a place for you.

Excellent cocktail bar and lounge. Although the drinks are quite expensive they are top notch. The food in both the English and Thai restaurants was casual, plentiful and well cooked. We prefer this type of cuisine, rather than fine dining. Great service from everyone.

Thank you Crazy Bear team.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends