See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Karley. My same room kept rather than change over on a Friday. Read notes from my booking from head office.

Well deserved pat on the back. See.s there is a confusion between booking direct than booki g.com a x the hotel it's own team.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Appreciate that it's a cheap rate, however, I would have expected it to have been a little better than it was, we've stayed in better third world country hotels.

Negatives :- Dirty, very, very noisy, smelly, filthy kettle,needs complete overhaul, night time security was non existence with main door ajar every time we went out

Positives :- The one member of staff we encountered in he pub was pleasant

Room Tip: Ask for top floor as the rooms above are so noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Having stopped for a drink on our way back to our hotel we decided as it was walking distance to have our evening meal there. We arrived just after 7.30pm. It was quieter than I was expecting. Soon found out why, the gentleman in front of me ordered a mixed grill and was informed that it was sold out. He then asked for gammon and that too was off. He asked what they did have and was told there were no steaks, no burgers, no chips or salad. Possibly more but I forget. I then asked if there was chicken and scampi left. I was asked what sort of chicken I said for the bbq chicken. Was told yes there was chicken but no bbq sauce or tomato sauce for it. I didn't bother to ask what the alternative to chips were. We decided to go elsewhere. I understand that this was bank holiday Monday but they should have been prepared for it. Itwasnt hugely busy earlier in the day either.this is bad kitchen management in my view. Having read other reviews I really think the management of how this establishment is run needs to be reviewed. Wetherspoons in town centre is much better.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Stayed here recently. We only stayed one night on the way somewhere else and I wouldn't stay longer than overnight. The rooms are average but need furniture replacement and maintenance. Ours was however clean. There is terrible damp in some areas, which I assume is why the heating was still on in the passages. I assume it survives because it is cheaper for the area. when you book beware breakfast is not included despite what it says on Old English Inns website, though this was pointed out at booking.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Very tired hotel damp corridors old cheap furniture rickety beds and poorly maintained bathrooms water runs cold in the shower after several minutes although fairly quiet in the newer annex noise from the bar and late night revellers was quite disruptive if you looking for a good nights sleep.The pub/restaurant attached is absolutely awful poor quality Luke warm food very rude staff and they decide to open for breakfast when they feel like it rather than times advertised on website and hotel information.Not recommended and certainly would not stay here again even if it was the last resort.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family