All reviews sausage large shower beans hot food good size breakfast was included modern hotel great shower buffet style croissants self service free wifi luton airport whipsnade zoo shower room budget hotel double bed
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Entered reception and was met with a lovely Nordic accent young lady, but unfortunately she could not find us under name and the IHG app did not work in the reception area! She eventually found our reservation and was promptly checked in.

The room was a reasonable standard, but the bed mattress was awful – the worst sleep I have ever had in a hotel! Roll together was unbelievable…

When we went for breakfast, I noticed a lot of contractors mostly in work wear (smart), but unfortunately there were a few who wore their high-vis jackets in the breakfast area with their boots and left banana skins on the table and floor. It appears that the hotel is more focused on taking contractors. I understand that the hotel cannot be held responsible for the guests (it is always the minority that spoils it for the majority…)

We will not be rebooking the hotel in the future due to this, as we do not want to hear how the contractors “went on the lash last night”.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Something of a disaster area. They are clearly understaffed. The wait for food was unacceptable and the queue at the bar was unacceptable. To cap it all there was a fault with the lock on the room door and the staff had to let me in every time on their master key – clearly they have no on-site maintenance. Apart from it being inconvenient, because of said staff shortages I had to wait for someone to become free to be able to walk to my room to open the door which often meant the queue had to go before staff would leave reception. Given that I could potentially wait a very long time returning from breakfast and be late for my meeting I skipped that meal (that was paid for) and got the hell out of it. On top of that you can't turn off the aircon except by removing the room key from the switch. So for sleeping it was either being woken by the all-too frequent bursts of fan noise or having no electricity (= lights for folk needing to visit the loo).
To be avoided at all costs.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I have always used this hotel and found the rooms pleasant enough for the price.
On the last 2 occasions this has not been the case and I will not be returning.

We have been put in a room right at the end of the building where the Wi-Fi does not work, the air con blows out hot air only and the breakfast poor.

On today's occasion I found out why the cost of this hotel is going up! Because they are feeding half of dunstable.

The table in front of us at breakfast, their friend walked in off the street and they said have breakfast. She said she wasn't a resident and they said don't worry no one checks. She then went off and got herself breakfast, returning to the table even joking that she had made some rolls to take away.

The tables at the back of the restaraunt were full off the local travellers, they clearly walked in off the street loaded up breakfast plates and sat down and started eating.

All this was going on whilst staff were walking around not really doing anything.
The tables were dirty, there were no glasses, cups and alot of the food stuff was not being replenished.

I thought last times stay may have been a one off, but no this place is going down hill. Such a shame for such a new hotel and it doesn't reflect well on the holiday inn!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Vicki I
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

We had a couple of nights here whilst visiting the area, the rooms were lovely and clean. Very quiet rooms. Plenty of car park spaces.The only little downside is the breakfast was a little disorganised. No cutlery or cups and quite a wait for them. Also a long wait for vegetarian sausages. The food was typical buffet food (beans, scrambled egg etc). The waitress also took a plate away while we were still using it!!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed here at the beginning of the month and let me tell you, I was so impressed with the hospitality of all the members of staff. From checking in the staff behind the check in desk were lovely and I was greeted with smiles and genuine kindness, I've stayed in a lot of hotels and I'm use to bored faces of people who hate their job. Not here! There was a little confusion with my check in and the lady checking me in ( i think her name was Georgia?) was so helpful and sorted everything out straight away for me wih no hesitation! The room was lovely and the bed was really comfy, best sleep I've had in ages! It was clean and well looked after.
When I went down for food all the members of staff greeted me with a hello and asking me if my stay was ok when walking past, which is lovely when most other hotels the staff will stare through you without so much as a hello! The food was also lovely!
I will definitely be staying here again with out a doubt and will be recommending it to anyone in need of a hotel! The staff really made me feel welcome and made my short stay enjoyable.

Date of stay: May 2018