All reviews sausage large shower beans hot food good size breakfast was included modern hotel great shower buffet style croissants self service free wifi luton airport whipsnade zoo shower room budget hotel double bed
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Turned up today at Dunstable, nice modern hotel, good location to M1, and very near to another holiday Inn Luton airport which appears to have better facilities. I spend a lot of time in IHG hotels with work and this is a standard and modern express. TV was not tuned in to any channels which was odd and the telephones in both rooms booked did not work at all. Staff very pleasant but avoid the town itself as the traffic was horrendous due to an awful traffic light system. Whipsnade zoo 15 minutes away which was a factor in choosing this hotel

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My last visit to this hotel was let down by the quality of the food, particularly at breakfast. Despite reservations I had to stay again recently and there were signs of improvement. Evening meal options are limited but decent enough and the breakfast (also limited but free) was much improved from last time. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and all staff very pleasant and helpful.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in October 2016. Room as expected by design and was comfortable. Overlooked car park and other buildings to front of hotel but was extremely quiet. Slept very well. Excellent black out curtains and did not hear any other noise during our stay.

Breakfast is included and was ok. There is hot - scrambled eggs, beans, bacon and sausages. I am vegetarian so this is quite a limited selection for me - any chance of tomatoes or mushrooms being added or some vege sausages. Range of other basic foods including bread, pastries and some cereals. There is limited fruit selection. Could the hotel do a fresh fruit salad - there is a rather chilled fruit compote, and a few apples as the fruit selection otherwise.

Our stay was good overall and we would stay again because of its location for whipsnade.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Nice looking hotel and as an Express Hotel I fully expect basic food. However tonight it was inedible. The staff were nice and refunded the cost but come on HI you should do better than this. No one finished their meal - I went to Sainsbury's whilst other went to Dominos! Oh and despite every effort no one can get my heating to work.

Trip type: Travelled on business
HIEX-Dunstable, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Dear Heidisg,

Thank you for finding time to contact us on Trip Advisor as well, i have received all you correspondence from all social platforms so be assured that your comments got my full attention.

Hands up for that night, we messed up the fish food service and here in particular one dish being affected as my team explained to me, we had a faulty Oven so the fish and chips, the dish you had on that night, was cooked in the fryer causing a culinary discomfort, i am sorry that my team was not proactive enough to refuse serving this dish and stick to the other delicious dishes that we had no problem with on the night like Chicken Tikka or Singapore Noodles but is seems that we learned the lesson and we paid the price.

Now that the oven is fixed the delicious Buttered Cod is back on the menu at the standards that should have never gone down.

I am really sorry to have you experiencing this and i am happy that my team refunded your meal in full at the moment of your stay, please reconsider staying with us in the future, i will be happy to show you how passionate we are for the service we provide

Thank you and looking forward to be seeing you again in the near future

Kind Regards

Robert - General Manager

Reviewed 17 October 2016 via mobile

I booked through booking.com to stay at this hotel on october 9th 2016.
I cancelled the 3rd october 2016 as realised they donot evening meals on the sunday.
I recived an cancellation email on the 3rd saying I WOULD NOT be charged by holiday inn. I looked at my bank statement and saw i HAD been charged £69 .

I phoned Holiday inn who said they would not have charged me. So i got on booking.com who in fact told me it wasnt them who charge it was holiday inn.
Booking.com phoned holiday inn who said they would give me refund(even tho they said they didnt charge me) i have an email to confirm i will recieve a refund of the £69.

Here i am on the 17th october and still no refund.

This is a joke!!!!!

Avoid holiday inn like the plague unless you dont mind losing money even if you dont stay.

I could only do a 1 star rating and this too much

Heres the email i recieved.

Maybe this review might get me a refund sooner!!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HIEX-Dunstable, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Dunstable, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for finding some time to let us know about your poor view about or hotel,

I can assure you that we take pride with in the accurate banking system here at IHG and with the accurate systems we have in place, Saying this i fell bad to see that you felt you were not treated well, that is why we always encourage our guest to book direct with us via phone, internet or via the app to eliminate any 3rd party. Is not always that confusions are arising but when these happen then our guest get to deal with 1 company that offers you the lowest price promise and 100% accurate customer service.

You did mention that after your negative review you might get a refund sooner , i can assure you that this is not the reason i am contacting you , i am contacting you simply because is the first time when i am hearing about your issue and if you are entitled for a refund i will be putting it right , in order for me to confirm or deny any refund please contact me directly at the hotel as right now i don't have any details to lead me to your booking.

Being a consumer myself i totally understand where you are coming from, probably experiences like this will put me off as well but looking back into your experience from being on the call with booking.com, with us, emails back and forwards with booking.com is definitely a brake down in communication and i believe that the info we receive from our 3rd party was misleading maybe right after your call with us, i could be many many reasons but like i just mentioned, i will get it right as it is the first time i am hearing about it.

Have a nice day and looking forward to be hearing from you

Robert Dinu