All reviews no lift rental shop ski equipment slope side hot tub ski lodge great resort park city nordic center condo alta skiers soaps
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. It was awesome to walk right out the door and be on a mountain trail, including a small pond to the right. If we came in the winter, we would have been right on the slopes. It was awesome- the wildlife, the views, and the experience of sitting in the hot tub, looking up at the beautiful mountainside, with the cool air hitting my face, contrasted with the warmth of the water. I don't think the rooms have A/C, but we didn't miss it for long after opening the door to the balcony. We came here for our anniversary, and it was truly memorable!

Room Tip: slope/mountainside views are awesome!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Inn at Solitude while our family members rented condos inside the complex. This resort is truly special- smaller, low key, and everyone was so helpful! Skiing was amazing, no lift lines at all, great eating options on site. Rental shop guys and gals were super helpful and took their time to answer our questions and make sure all of our gear fit right. We also rented snow shoes one day and had an amazing hike from the Nordic center back to the resort. We had a slope side view room
at the Inn- worth it for that view and it was nice to sit on the patio. Only reason I wouldn't give it five stars was that the rooms could be a bit cleaner. I do think they were short handed or had some illness/call ins when we arrived which may have impacted that but certainly not the worst, by any means. A really great family resort- was a great trip for all!!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ams1160763
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

The inn is connected to the ski lifts and across from the ski rental shop. So very convenient. And the views of the snow covered mountains are terrific.

But the rooms are nothing special. Dark and drabby. Thin walls. Low water pressure and you 'compete' for hot water at times.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank highwoodkevin
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

This place has a small neighborhood feel, great skiing and decent restaurants. My only complaint was the small pizza place was completely unprepared to serve morning coffee and make breakfast sandwiches. Workers need to be trained wearing gloves and changing gloves when handling money. This morning I ordered a coffee and egg sandwich which the coffee was cold the worker offered to reheat but is unacceptable also the egg sandwich was made with premade scrambled eggs which was also cold I think most people would prefer fresh made eggs. But overall a great spot to visit.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We should have known it would be bad when the reservation we made was not honored. We arrived later in the evening since our plane was delayed. We had reserved a King bed large room, and were offered a 2 queen bed room. Both my husband and I complained- not raising our voices, but just like civilized people--and kept saying that the failure to honor the reservation was not acceptable. One of the guys behind the desk didn't like that we wouldn't take "no" for an answer, and he actually threw a chair. Not at us, but in anger. And then stormed out. I don't think I have seen a display of childish temper like this in an adult in many years. A manager then came and was able to somehow work us into a room in another building. She was very nice, as was the sole waitress at the restaurant who very kindly served us hot dogs just before the place closed at 10 pm (no room service anywhere in this complex- and the "store" that sold frozen food items had run out of food except for things like chips, and also was closing at 10 pm) The rooms were ok, nothing to write home about- basically dark and plain. Not particularly comfortable, old bed. Although most of the working folks seemed nice, you couldn't pay me to stay there again. I would have given this review a terrible except for the fact that the manager and the waitress at the restaurant were extremely nice and kind.

Room Tip: Good luck. You can ask for a room, but it doesn't mean they are going to give it to you.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple