“Awesome place”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I saw this restaurant listed on the Marathon Keys web site and decided to give it a try. We did not have a reservation, but then again it was the off season. We were not disappointed. We had a glass of wine before dinner and enjoyed the inside atmosphere. The wait staff was excellent and we went his hog fish recommendation. It was delicious. We also went with his dessert choice of bananas a la Hideaway and we were not disappointed. We will stop there on our next trip to the Keys. We will make sure to have a reservation, so we don’t miss out.

1  Thank billsales

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Was stuck in a traffic jam on the only road out of town. Looked on Trip Advisor for a local restaurant versus just sitting in the car.

The food was very good. The view is genuinely amazing. The decor is old fashioned so while the prices are more in line with fine dining, the decor is older.

Nonetheless, food was awesome and the folks here extremely friendly.

Try the shrimp cocktail, shrimp bisque, and lamb..

2  Thank Mr_Review00
Reviewed 18 August 2017

Brought my grown sons here for dinner and it lived up to the hype (I'd been bragging about it this place for years). Service was beyond fantastic and the white tablecloths and Frank Sinatra music were unexpected bonuses. The escargot is the best I've ever had. The fresh hogfish was excellent and the shrimp on top were huge. Yes, this place is pricey, but worth it for the experience. It is in a rundown building and the decor is a bit worn, but it is all part of the charm. This is a must-do while in the area.

1  Thank southmiamijill
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We have been coming here for our Wedding Anniversary for 5 years now. Married 48 years......that should give you an idea how we feel about the Hideaway. Robert, the proprietor always reserves a "special" table for us. Without getting too lengthy, let me just say this is a VERY special place. The menu is SUPERB. And the chef, who knows us, comes out to take our picture in front of a specially prepared dessert. Try this place, its right on the Atlantic with an amazing view.

3  Thank TomandKarenFlorida
Reviewed 26 July 2017

A group of 30 of us were having a weekend of meetings at a nearby resort and wanted to get off property for dinner. Someone suggested the Hideaway Cafe and we called and they accommodated our group. We took over the dining room except for one table. This was a marvelous dining experience. The service was excellent with their staff keeping the water and wine flowing. Appetizers and salads all came promptly and there was only a slight delay in getting the entrees out. But the rest of the restaurant filled after we arrived so I was very impressed over all.

I started with their French Onion soup and it was better than most. I had the Hog Fish special for the evening and the preparation could not have been any better. The portion was large and filing. Finally I ended with a Raspberry/Key Lime mousse that was incredible.

If I am back in the Keys and looking for a place to eat I would return here for sure.

1  Thank Robbwayfan