My husband and I just returned last night from a week stay at the CRT and from reading the reviews we had some high expectations. Our experience at the CRT was above and beyond our expectations. This place is amazing!!! We have travelled for the past 4 years. Our first trip was to Mexico and we stayed at the Catalonia Yucatan where we had a fabulous time. We then went to Dreams Palm Beach in Domnican for a family wedding and also had a great time. Our third trip we returned to Dominican and stayed at the iberostar Dominicana... it was OK but not great. This trip to the CRT was the best trip ever and blew all of the other resorts out of the water.
As we were celebrating our 10th aniversary we decided to book the Honeymoon suite. Upon arrival we got off the plane and were greeted by the shuttle service. He informed us that since there was only ourselves and another couple reay to go, they has arranged for a van instead of waiting of the bus with the other travellers. Once arriving at the resort (about 1 hour ride) were arrive to the beautiful lobby and had cold cloths and a cold drinks waiting for us. We checked in and our room was ready within the hour. The reception staff were all smiles and friendly!
We tried all of the 4 a la cart resturant and every resturant was amazing. All of the food was prepared to perfection. Our favorite resturant was Mexican but all of the resturants were delicious. If you are on a diet do NOT go to this resort. You will not lose any weight and there is an abundance of food that is all to die for!
At lunch there are two options - a buffet or the grill and pizza shack close to the beach. The buffet had lots of choices and the grill had everything from club sandwiches, burgers, wings to pizza. FYI... The pizza was cooked in a wood buring stove. Again all was great.
The drinks were plentiful and not watered down as can be found in other resorts There is also a fresh juice bar on the beach. It opens at 10:00am so it's perfect for that mid morning treat. All of the juice is fresh and made into a smoothie type drink and a great way to get your veggies and fruit while laying on the beach. Our favorite was called the tulum! Go try it!
I was a little nervous before leaving since most of the reviews mentioned about Italians and europeans smoking everywhere and being rude. First of all, there is no smoking allowed in any of the resturants so that is perfect and second, we never once encountered any one being rude or drunk and out of control. Everyone was respectful of one another and out to have a great time!
We met alot of great staff members, who treated us great. A big shout out to David in the breakfast and lunch buffet who never allowed my Mojito to go dry and to Roberto the chief concierge who helped to arrange all of the romantic extras including a dinner on the beach. But all of the staff from the bartenders to the cleaning and maintenance always greeted you with "Hola" and a huge smile.
We had a fantastic time at the CRT and cannot wait to return. If you a thinking about going - just DO IT! You will not regret a thing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adults only all-inclusive resort, located in Xpu-Ha, Riviera Maya, on the Caribbean coastline. It is surrounded by native jungle trees, local plants, mangroves and cenotes - water springs where a diverse variety of flora and fauna can be found in an unspoiled habitat. It is just 25km from Playa del Carmen and Tulum's archaeological site, and 85 km south of Cancun International airport, in Quintana Roo State, Mexico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Royal Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Xpuha
- Riviera Maya Copacabana
- Copacabana Riviera Maya
- Catalonia Royal Tulum Mexico/Riviera Maya - Xpu-Ha