Koox Matan Ka'an Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
US$119
Ko'ox El Hotelito Beach Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$100
US$97
Porto Coral(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$49
Hotel Maya Luna(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$43
Posada Pachamama(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$42
Luna de Plata . Hotel(Mahahual)(Great Value!)
All reviewsmeal planother guestsfamily stylefishsian ka'anlong tablegreat tipswet itemstile workhottest waterwater usagediet restrictionsbe mindfulall inclusive resortbio reservepuerto ricosnorkel experience
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We spent 3 nights at Mayan Beach Gardens. It was and extremely pleasant stay.
The bungalow was very large and clean. Our front yard was the beach.
Our Host Marsha and Kim Bales couldn't have been more gracious.
The food was amazing. Be warned the portions are huge as well as delicious .
The staff treated us as if we were family. We Will Return.

Room Tip: up or down, breezy.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Marcia B, Owner at Mayan Beach Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

It was such a pleasure to have you visit us. I'm delighted my staff made you feel at home. I agree, I'm pretty lucky. Thank you and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

On Sunday, July 16th, while staying in Mahajual We happened upon the Mayan Beach Garden by chance, as we were driving, sight seeing along the coast. We asked a neighbor (the only person around) down the road for directions to a place to have a drink. He referred us to MBG, where we had a great lunch and for once enjoyed a meal without flys or mosquitos in the screened in dinning room. We walked on the beach and enjoyed being the only ones in sight. The beach is beautiful and so peaceful. We loved the place so much that we came back for lunch and asked Marcia if she had rooms available. The place was full, but some would be available towards the end of the week. We changed our plans and booked the last two days of our stay here. We spent two days at Xcalac, one day at Bacalar and then came back the last two days at BMG. All meals at the restaurant were great, we also enjoyed the family style dinners and met all the other guests from different parts of the world. Marcia and Kim were great hosts, full of fun stories and great information about the area. Both my husband and I are Mexican, living in Los Angeles, and always stay at All Inclusive hotels, but wanted to visit the Costa Maya, so we decided to head over not knowing what to expect, but having seen great beach pictures on the internet. We were not disappointed. This whole area runs on solar power, but has great wifi access, Talk about living off the grid, but we were so comfortable, and all staff was hospitable and very courteous, we didn't miss aything. Now were missing our naps on the hammock and the sea breeze.... We looooved our stay here and cant wait to come back soon!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Uxmal Room on the 2nd floor, you have the best view and excellent sea breeze.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Marcia B, Owner at Mayan Beach Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Hi Rosalva S.

We are so happy you found us. We loooooved both of you too, and hope to see you again! What a delight it is when people show up unexpected, not knowing what we have to offer and they like it! Thank you for letting us know the things you enjoyed. And Martin says "Hi!". I think he might have missed you when you came back.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We looked for a hotel to relax far from the classic all-included hotels for Cancun or Playa del Cármen. We rented a car for Chetumal (2hr15 ride aprox.), where you can stop at various nice places like Bcalar, Chacchoben ruins, Cenote Azul...
Our stay was very nice, Marcia's hospitality and attentions with every detail made us feel even more confortable and happy to be there, she is very caring for every guest.
We really enjoyed dinner with Kim and the other guests, the food, the conversation, the sound of the sea (be sure to take a good insect repelent).
It is not a long ride to get to Mahahual or Bacalar (30min to 1hour) if you are used to that kind of journeys, very common in a city, we really enjoyed the rides through the beach or through the jungle (try not to drive at night as there isn't enought light).
At the hotel you can spend really relaxing days snorkling, relaxing in the hamaca far from civilization. The beach is a little dirty, not exactly infront of the hotel but walking up or down, and that is because the garbage that is thrown is the sea normally in very crowded vacationing places must land somewhere, and this beach is one of them, it also makes us more aware of the reality when there aren't people cleaning the beach before we wake up. We surely got back home energized, happy, and hoping to be back soon!! The price is also fair!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Hi Tiff W

Thank you for your lovely review and also for mentioning the many things to do in the area. We are so fortunate to live so close to the Sian Ka'an Biosphere with protected wetlands in the rear and the Caribbean in front of us. I also want to thank you for mentioning the need for insect repellant during the summer months. During other times of the year, we don't have much of a problem. Luckily, insect repellant takes care of these. We do fumigate when needed, but it is a mild spray for mosquitos that doesn't kill bees and therefore, doesn't kill the Tabanos (biting flies). We use natural traps for those. The wind has picked up today, but you were here at a time when we had no wind. We do carry insect repellant for those who forget, but we recommend bringing some. When the wind blows from the sea, we are usually bug free, but without it, repellant is needed. Better to be prepared. It also lets you travel into the Sian Ka'an Biosphere and other naturally protected areas where there is undergrowth and more insects.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our stay at Mayan Beach Garden exceeded all that I thought it would be. The room was very comfortable and clean. With a constant ocean breeze blowing through it. Every freshly prepared meal was phenomenal! Fresh lime juice for the delicious margaritas and coconut & pineapple juice for the pina coladas. Everything we tasted was a delight to the palate. I found the family style meals very enjoyable. Listening to Kim's stories and guests' adventures from the day.
Our intention behind choosing MBG was for the sea beaning. It certainly did not disappoint. Very exciting to find so many sea beans. Even the elusive Mary's bean. The trash that is covering the beautiful white sand beaches is quite upsetting. I kept thinking that this is just one beach on our planet, made me sad for our earth.
Marcia took me snorkeling one late afternoon. I felt as if I were in a fish tank, with all the beautiful colors and sea fans swaying with the currents. The squid that stared us down and the absolutely huge tarpon that swam within feet of us. Marcia thought it to be about 300 lbs! Great time!
Oh and the night sky is as dark as you will ever experience. You can actually see the milky way.
I have to say that I will probably not rent a car again as it was very expensive to rent with premium insurance. The gas was also very high. I did get pulled over by the Policia. It was dark, being 5:00 a.m. The officers could not speak English. I don't even know why they stopped me. With much resistance to paying him on the spot for a "ticket" (due to Marcia's advice the very morning we departed) he finally gave me back my license and let us go. Thankfully we left early for the airport.
All in all we had a very enjoyable adventure and would do it again.
Thank you Marcia & Kim Bales and your fantastic staff. Wishing you all the very best.
Hope to see you again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Marcia B, Owner at Mayan Beach Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Thank you so much for writing such a lovely review. I loved snorkeling with you and we really did have a great snorkel. Regarding your touch with the "law", I'm happy you didn't give in to extortion, but I never believed it would happen to you!. I forgot to warn you that they will continue to argue! We look forward to seeing you again and good luck in your new venture!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

We arrived in Mayan Beach Garden hotel after a 30 minute drive down a dirt road. It was love at first sight. Marcia, the owner and her husband Kim were very friendly and accommodating. She asked if we had dietary issues which she addressed (I'm vegan and my wife is vegetarian). The food was excellent! The room was basic, but charming and beautiful. The balcony overlooked the beach and was to die for. All in all, a great place. The only issue I had, and this was not the owners' fault, but the water was dirty....garbage floating in the water. But it had been a rough couple of days so it probably washed in and eventually out. Will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2017
Marcia B, Owner at Mayan Beach Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I'm never offended when people mention the trash that sometimes is in the water, as this guest mentioned - most of the time it is not in the water, but on the beaches as most plastic eventually beaches itself. I feel that it is important for people to see what is happening and make a commitment to use less plastic. While most of our trash comes from Central America, we still must clean it up. We do our best , but we do have to wait for it to beach itself. Any guest who would like to chip in will receive a free beer or soda in thanks for their efforts. If we all use less and help clean up the beaches, we can maybe save a turtle, a bird or even a whale.