“Maya Palms Beach Estate”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mahahual
Maya Palms Resort & Dive Center
Ranked #11 of 22 Mahahual B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2016

We loved it! We weren't sure what to expect after the negative comment posted, but they were so wrong! Especially enjoyed the 'hidden away' feeling of really being in the Mexican jungle, yet right on the beach. We didn't do any diving but had a great time. There is plenty of exploring to do in the surrounding area, fly fishing, and visiting the shops in the town of Mahahual. For those just wanting to relax, hanging out at the estate pool was a great opportunity to do that. No big crowds like the large resorts farther north. The owners and staff were very focused on insuring we were comfortable and enjoying our trip. Food was excellent! We were able to dine on local cuisine all week. No worries about drinking the water, it is made fresh as the resort. Will definitely be back and recommend to other, divers or not.

Room Tip: All are great, all are quiet
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JB-Duma

Reviewed 5 March 2016

I was not sure what to expect so far off the beaten path, it was the most wonderful week's vacation I've had. Previously I spent a week in Cancun but it is overcrowded and too commercial. This is truly a tropical paradise on the beach. Very secluded and not ruined by the overbuilding and crowds experienced in Cancun. The owners and staff made us feel like we were their special guests. Fresh flowers in the room, fresh water with flowers to rinse the sand from our feet before entering our villas, a new experience every day for every meal. There were six of us and not an unhappy camper in the group. If you are looking for a place to get away, relax, and just enjoy a slower pace - this is it! Divers and snorkelers, remember the only reef that compares to this is in Australia!

Room Tip: There is no bad room. Because of the peaceful environment, there is nothing to 'hide' from!
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynda G
Reviewed 5 February 2016

Before posting this review I read several others thoughts and experiences.
Our personal experience was 5 STAR!
Amazing beauty, clear waters and wonderful food and staff.
From the beginning it was a resort like no other, truly a hideaway and place of paradise. This wonderful resort offers the diver and non diver the treat of a lifetime. Not only would I return but would highly recommend Maya Palms Beach Resort to all our friends and family.
Not sure why anyone would have posted anything negative, but some folks just can't be pleased and I'm sure nothing will ever make them happy.
As for me, and our friends we will return again and again. Make sure to put this on your bucket list. Amazing destination and truly a wonderful and the ultimate dive location. Maya Palms Beach Resort is off the grid and it is an very eco-resort that adds to the adventure of this destination.
Book your reservations to this ultimate destination....it truly is paradise. 5 Stars!!

Room Tip: Great food and beautiful dive resort.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank scubajackson
Reviewed 25 June 2015

My husband and I were very pleased with our vacation at Maya Palms. We were there the end of May through the first part of June. I was very nervous about the 4.5 hour drive through Mexico from Cancun to the resort (not a problem), and I don’t do well with heat and bugs. It was warm and humid but not unbearable and bug spray took care of the bugs.

The rooms were nice, clean, and spacious. Our room (bungalow 1) had 4 windows and a sliding screen door allowing a nice ocean breeze that kept the room comfortable and sleeping was not a problem. Although our room was one with an inverter, we never needed to use the fan that was provided.

As a non-diver (my husband is the diver) I enjoyed the many places that were available to relax and enjoy the view, with a variety of lounges, benches, rocking chairs, and hammocks. I also enjoyed my daily walks on the beach and the gardens. The beach does have a lot of sea grass because of the reef, but there were workers out there daily raking it up. The beautiful, well cared for gardens are nice and shady and I occasionally had one of the three resort dogs as a companion.

The meals are served family style with a set time and menu. I was pleasantly surprised by the food. I am a picky eater but I tried everything and found many new dishes to enjoy. I filled out my pre-trip meal form stating that I did not like fish, so the night fish was served I was served a delicious alternate meal which I was not expecting. Most everyone else seemed to enjoy the meals too, as there was talk of wishing they could get some of the recipes.

The divers from what I heard and saw pictures of, were able to see a large variety of fish, rays, turtles and eels along with all types of reef life. They were even able to spearfish some Lionfish which they took back and the kitchen turned into ceviche (at no extra charge).

If you are a “world traveler” and used to 5 star accommodations this is probably not the place for you. It is as they clearly state, an ECO resort in the jungle and off the grid. The water is R/O and tastes fine, the generators only run for a few hours at night so that is the only time for A/C and lights but we did not find this to be a problem. We were both amazed by what it must have taken to build this resort in the middle of the jungle, it is astonishing! The owners and their small staff were very friendly and always asking if we needed anything. We were very well taken care of.

We would definitely go back. It was everything we were hoping for and much, much more. Thanks Doug, Cathy, Ken, Buzz, and staff!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

I think this was the perfect example of a bait and switch the resort was very run down and the owners were very unresponsive to anything we needed or wanted we had a bungalow or I would call it a cement tent since there was only daylight and the few hours the generator was running that there was light available other then that we had two towels for four people. As for any other accommodations they were mostly locked or unavailable the pool had broken tiles everywhere and the beach smelled so bad that it was not safe or able to spend much time on, so the resort left little to do the diving was not very good we had rented some equipment that failed two days out of the four days the food was less then poor and they only offered coke fanta or alcohol to drink and if you needed ice that was an additional charge I have been to many Eco resorts but I feel that here it's just the excuse they use for bad management

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends