US$295
BahiaPrincipe
US$340
BahiaPrincipe
  • Pool
Las Villas Akumal(Akumal)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$223
US$217
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$393
US$166
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

Grand Oasis Tulum(Akumal)
US$335
US$310
US$258
  • Breakfast included
Grand Bahia Principe Coba(Akumal)(Great Value!)
Bookit.com
15,783 results
All reviewslazy rivermayan beachice cream parlourhealth barel ranchohole in the walla la carte restaurantsfishfrosted glassthe lion kingtime sharewater circuitbeach barquiet pooljapanese restaurantmain buffeteach block
Reviewed 25 January 2008

We are a couple in the mid 20s and we stay at the Grand Sirenis Jan. 13-20.
We had a wonderful time and a very good service.
We stayed in building 29 , closest one to the active pool.
The beach in separate in 3 section , you need water shoes but the water is nice and you can see a lot of cute fish.

The room is very big , very spacious ! Ask for second floor if possible ! Love the shower , very big !!

Food at the buffet was very good a lot of variety. I am very picky and I found the food good compare to other resorts I went !!

À la carte resto, I tried the Japanese 2 times very good. Italien is ok, and if you like meat go to the brazilian.

The resort is big , you can walk and it never kill someone to walk :-)

There is an ice cream corner at the active pool, took twice a day and its excellent.

2 lobby bar, a lot of action at night.

The show that I saw were very good.

I didnt went to the discotheque.

The hotel is about 25 min. drive from Playa del carmen and 20 min drive from Tulum and 15 min from Xel Ha.
Far away from cancun about 1h15 min.

Overall, I will say is an average 4.5/5 resort.
People very helpful and very happy to help you.
People that critics that hotel are not right or maybe it rain all week so they add nothing to do and search all the bad thing they can say about the resort

If you have any questions you can write
bout_chou67@hotmail.com
Jessica

Stayed: January 2008
7  Thank Jessica67Montreal
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Where do I start?! This hotel is wonderful. We actually got a pretty good deal and were TOTALLY pleased. So here we go:

Check IN: Was perfect. Very fast and even though we had arrived at the hotel WAY before check in time they were able to get us a room immediately. We were hoping to upgrade to a beach front but since it was hurricane season those rooms had been secured with wood on the windows, so now view. Instead we had a view of the "jungle" and I say jungle with ". ha! It was more like a sea of trees and junk. Not terrible though, could have been WAY worse, plus, we weren't there for the view out of our room.

Room: HUGE ROOM! Great size. As seen in all the pictures there is tons of space for everything. Couch, desk, tv, dressers, huge closet. LARGE bathroom with huge jet bathtub. I'm not sure if they've taken care of this "kink", but the bathroom was totally open. I was there with my boyfriend so it didn't bother us, would MOST definately bother a family with small children though. Rooms were cleaned twice a day and each time we had a pleasant animal towel on the bed left. It was great. We did decide to tip the maids so that we could get more booze, never happend, but hey, it was stocked. The Minibar in the room is stocked with Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke, Bottled Water, and some off brand beer. Which is a actually pretty good.

Beach: Okay, my ONLY complaint about this resort is the beach. If you're looking for waves and soft sand this isn't the resort for you. There are rocks, and you won't surrvive getting into the ocean without water socks, and even then it's a tiny bit painful. You have to get out a little bit before there is soft sand, but you have to through the rocks first to get there. The plus behind the ocean there is that it's natural looking and lovely and you can snorkel with success right off the shore. A little scary though, because we ran into a scared sting ray when snorkeling, but didn't hurt us, just ran off. Schools of fish, very nice. You can also pay extra to go out on the boat for more snorkeling, but we aren't really THAT into it. It was fun just going off the shore for free. The sun was wonderful and there were more than enough huts for everyone there and even if the place were full you'd still find a place to sit or lay out I'm sure.

Pool: The pools are the best part of the resort, I think so at least. They are massive. At no point are you going to be elbow rubbing someone else. And what's best is that the two swim up bars are double sided. So there's room to get a drink without bumping hands with douche bags. It's very very nice! Always clean and also, the entertainment staff, doesn't get paid enough!!! They are EXCELLENT! Though we didn't partake in the swim aerobics or the salsa classes pool side we did LOVE the prize questionaire sessions. They basically did a game where you answered questions on what band is this and who sang this song and gave out prizes for people who had the most correct. It was funny and entertaining. Also, no need to get dressed up fancy for a snack because the snack bars are right off the pools and you don't need to even be dried up to get in and find great food. My personal favoite was the queso.

Food: A++++++++++++++++ I'm not sure how else to say it! The bests that I can remember were the Japanese and the Italian, which I loved the most. The lasagna was TO DIE FOR! Also, the buffetts weren't too bad either. The breakfast ones being the best. EVERYTHING you could want. Even a huge toast machine. MMMMMMMMMMMMM The only "bad" food we ate there was at the Ranch type retaurant, the Steak place, not the really really nice Brazilan Steak house, that was awesome, but the Little ranch type steak place, just don't get the Ribeye, wasn't that great. Not a lot of variety and Medium, Rare, Medium Rare, it's all Well Done. ha!
DON'T MISS OUT ON THE COFFEE BAR! They make frappachinos like no one else! So good. And with a lot of Irish, if you know what I mean. Espresso seemed to be all the rave, but we weren't much into getting crazy all night. ha!

Theatre and Other things going on: Corny, but fun! You're going to get the "We've got everything you're looking for, that you will enjoy, Sirenis Hotels" song stuck in your head! ha! The theatre is MASSIVE and on one of the nights that we were there they actually had vendors come in that were selling little things here and there. It was great! I bought a pair of knock off sunglasses an a little jewelry. But they had tons of suveniers and other nick nacs.

Bars: Are everything you'd want. Located in the lobbies and on the pools they are LARGE and always room for you to get a drink.

Internet Rooms, Gym, Game Room: Internet room is always full, you have to wait, sometimes for no time at all and sometimes for a long time and it always seems as if there are about five computers just not working. Also, most of the few teens you're going to find at the resort will be in there on their AOL IM. What's funny is that this one 14 year old was on there and her father came in and told her it was time to go eat, she left her IM up and me and my boyfriend F*ed around with her boyfriend on the other line. Needless to say, be sure you log off or you're bound to me messed with by us. ha! We only needed the internet to check on my mom who was babysitting and to just give a general check in....and to mess with skanky 14 year olds. The game room isn't what it's cracked up to be, but what do you expect, it's not an arcade. ha! THe pool table ques are terrible and some are missing lots of balls. The air hockey has to be rigged, and the Brazilians kept taking the ball for the fooz ball table so that no one else could use it. [--]Bastards! We wanted to play fooz ball and saw there was no ball in sight. Then come in these guys and pull it out of their pocket. ERG! But no biggie. Didn't go in the gym, sorry, too much walking as it is.

All in All: The resort is huge so you'll find new stuff and new pices of the resort and get lost, and get confused over and over again, but it's worth it! You will lose all the extra food you ate just by searching the property and trying to find "short cuts" as my boyfriend called them. I'm 24 and my boyfriend 40 and we both enjoyed it TONS! Best resort in the area. Very peaceful, no douche bags, no teens all over the place. Very nice

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank elizaonstage
Reviewed 24 January 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Grand Sirenis a year ago now - in January of 2007. I wasn't planning on writing a review for this place until I read the last one - which was extremely negative. So...I wanted to set the record straight for anyone planning on going to this resort.

Firstly - the grounds are absolutely beautiful. Yes, this is a large resort, so you'll do some walking, but it's absolutely nothing to complain about. The pools are the nicest I have seen at any resort. Secondly, this resort has a lazy river that travels through the entire resort. This was great - just grab a drink, hop on a tube, and take a nice relaxing float down the river.

There are always plenty of lounge chairs at the pool and beach. So you have no need to be one of those tourists who wake up at the crack of dawn to claim your sacred spot. And...yes...there is beach and pool service...so if you don't feel like getting up for a drink...the drink will come to you.

One very important tip is to make reservations for the restaurants as soon as you arrive. They do seem to fill up very, very fast. The Japanese restaurant was fantastic. The buffet was ok - definetely not bad by any means. Yeah...it may take a little longer than usual to get some coffee at breakfast - but come on!!....you're on vacation....just relax.

The rooms are beautiful. Very large balconies. And...there is room service...so if you don't feel like eating in the buffet - order in!...and enjoy your dinner on the balcony. Secondly, the washrooms are huge - yeah, there is a big opening in the wall between the room and the bathroom itself - however, the toilet is not exposed. There is a door to the toilet area, so don't worry. It is not as bad as other people have made it sound. All rooms have a huge jacazzi tub, and the showers are aweome...the kind with multiple shower heads.

Another great thing about this resort is the area - it is close to soooo many places and things to see and do. I highly recommend going to Xel-Ha. It's a lagoon about a 20 min. drive away and it has the most amazing snorkling. You pay one price for the whole day (I believe it's about $50 Cdn.) and that includes everything - food, drinks, etc. Secondly, I also highly recommend jumping on the local bus and heading into Playa del Carmen - then jumping on the ferry and spending the day in Cozumel. We had such a great time doing this - we came upon a beach that was absolutely spectacular. Turquoise water, water sand, and no rocks at all.

This was my second time to the Mayan area, and I would definetely go back and stay at this resort again. For the price - you absolutely can't go wrong. I stayed at the Barcelo the first time - and I would definetely choose Grand Sirenis over the Barcelo anyday. Further, I have stayed at numerous all-inclusive resorts, so I have alot of compare the Grand Sirenis to.

Please don't be put off by the previous bad reviews. You will have a great time at the Grand Sirenis.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
10  Thank CdnTouristToronto_ON
Reviewed 24 January 2008

We went with our two kids(9 and 6). Check in was a breeze and we received an ocean facing suite(had not been requested) on the 2nd floor. We could hear the ocean but not see it due to the tall trees. Perhaps on the 3rd floor, you may get a better view. The resort covers a large area but the walks really were not a problem unless it was raining(bring a compact umbrella).You have to go outside to get to any of the resturants. There was a covered golf cart shuttling some people around but they don't have that many for this to be a viable solution. The pools were clean and well kept. The ice cream palor by the Mayan Beach pool was a big hit with the kids. The Lazy River is a big hit with all ages. There seemed to be enough single and double floats most of the time. We brought 2 floats down with us but never needed to unpack them. There are a few activities organized at the pools and beach. You can get photos taken with various animals by the photogragher on site ( $8 each if you want them). At the beach, water shoes are a really good idea because of the rocky coral pieces in the water. Saw lots of fish while snorkeling. A lot of people brought their own snorkelling stuff down. Good beach seats go fast, don't go to the beach too late or you will be well back. There are people coming around to serve you drinks at the pool and beach but it can take awhile. Better to get your own at the bars(their close by and quick). The evening shows were entertaining enough and start at 9:30(pre-show 9:00).The rooms were a very good size(2 double beds and pull out sofa). The hole in our wall was partially covered with frosted glass(though not attached properly room 2928). The air conditioning ran alot but was able to keep the room comfortable. Up to this point I found the resort to be worthy of 5 stars. The only problem I found was the food. The buffet was very basic. Though my kids are picky eaters. I really had a problem getting them to eat some nights. Breakfast were fine. We ate at 2 alcartes. The steakhouse made my ribeye fine but over cooked tough t-steak and ribs. The Japanese restuarant was very nice . In the end for what we paid it was a fairly good place. If the food got better, I would go back in a second

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
20  Thank woodbridge2
Reviewed 24 January 2008

Hi,ok to start with i just stayed at the grand sirenis mayan beach january 6 to january 21,just got back a few days ago.I was travelling with my wife and 3 kids,as well as my parents,and a family of 4 friends of ours.Ok where to start.I will start off by saying for those who do not know yet,this resort is actually 2 resorts in one.the bus ride from cancun airport took about 1 1/2 hours,but i knew this before i booked.The resort is pretty big,and spread out,but this is pretty typical of many resorts in riviera maya area.So i would not recommend this resort for people with disabilities.The resort is pretty well kept in my opinion,the grounds are clean,the pools are well kept(cleaned daily),and rooms are cleaned pretty well.This resort is rated a five star but is not that,i rate a couple things 5 star,but is lacking things in areas.I rate the graounds and pools about 4 1/2.Next is restaurants.The buffets are pretty typical of other resorts i ve been to,they try to have a theme each night,like italian,mexican,etc...Some nights the food was ok to good,some days not so good.Although when it came to service from servers i got to know a server named lenin(i called him lenny)i tiped him right off that get go,and got to know him a little when he had the chance,he was by far the best server at the resort,and that includes the a la carte restaurants.his service was definitely worth 5 stars.As for the a la cartes we went 6 times in our 2 weeks.My favorite was the Rancho steak house,but as with most of the a la cartes it was slow service,actually i felt sorry for a few servers,it was slow but some of these guys are working their you know what off.They had 5 servers for like 40-45 tables,and that means these guys serve the food,take drink orders,plus clean tables when people are done to get ready for more people coming in.So needless to say,i thought they were terribly under staffed at alot of the a la cartes,not the servers fault.Some of the servers have personalities like a brick wall as well,not all but some.japanese was a good show as well from the cook.Here is a tip for all people going to this resort,when you get into your room,you will notice desks on the ground floor in all buildings,these are the carncieres responsible for booking your a la carte diners,book your a la cartes as soon as you get there,as these restaurants fill up fast,and if you do not you will not get any.I rate the a la cartes a 3 1/2.Moving on the snack bars were good,always mainly the same kind of food,including simple things like hotdogs,hamburgers,hotwings etc...Im a hot dog guy,so i like this for a lunch time.Service in the snack bars is usually not to good however,i usually finished eating before someone would come ask me what i would like to drink.The beach snack bar had a few different items like bagel sandwiches etc,pretty tasty,i rate the snack bars a 4 star.Moving on i thought the rooms were nice and big,clean,the bathrooms were the feature of the rooms.nice jacuzzi tubs,the multiple head showers were nice as well.As for the infamous hole in the bathroom wall,our room as well as my parents and our friends all had frosted glass in the holes now,still a gap all the way around,but was no problem for us,if you have problems with your privacey,peck a sheet,or you can plug the gaps with a couple towels,(SEE PIC FOR THE HOLE WITH THE GLASS)I rate the rooms a 4-4 1/2.I have read other reports on this resort that when it rains it gets slippery,and this i can confirm,alot of marble and smooth brick work,and when it gets wet it gets slick,so be careful.I have been to quite a few mexican resorts and this however is typical of the way these resorts are built,alot of marble,looks nice and easy to clean.The beach is ok,again as in other reviews i brought water shoes,and its a good idea,as out from the beach it is all a coral reef and getting into the water is a little rough,but nice once your in.when it is calm if you like snorkling swim out to where the reef is in the shallow bay,bring a banana,there are all kinds of fish,its very nice.I also rented the sea doo;s on the resort for half an hour,that was fun.I do not want to call down the catermeran tour they offered on our beach,but i do not reccomend it,They had to refund everybodys money,it turned out to be a nightmare,people got left behind,people were sick etc...i rate the beach a 4 for snorkeling,a 3 overall.The lazy river was a nice added feature,my kids enjoyed it,sometimes you had to wait a bit for a tube,but we always got one,lazy river a 4 1/2.The entertainment was typical of alot of other resorts i been too,my kids enjoyed the black light show,the theater is one of the bigger ones i ve seen,i rate the entertainment a 3.Oh also if you have kids or even for yourself,if you like to snack in the evening in your room,my kids enjoyed the room service,its a limited menu,but good.Anyways overall i rate this resort about a 3 1/2 star,in my opinion they are very under staffed in alot of areas,and the food needs improvement to be a 5 star in my humble opinion.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family