56 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
15,868 results
All reviews don pablo hacienda section tequila restaurant a la carte restaurants snack bar gbp tulum fish main buffet tulum ruins main pool show table privilege club breakfast and lunch smaller pool tulum buffet crisps other resorts
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2022

Let me start by saying that this resort in my opinion is catered more towards families and kids. Nothing there was catered to adults only and they should really reconsider, the pool side with the pool bar should be adults only! Secondly this resort is way too damn big! And not in a good way. You are surrounded by nothing but jungle, bugs, and animals . It’s next to impossible to just simply walk around the resort, we went in mid November so I could only imagine the humidity and weather during peak season or American summer days. Yes they do provide trolleys/carts to drive you around the resort (you have to wait outside your villa for a ride). The communication here is LACKLUSTER the place is too big to not make sure that every new guest know what their options are. It wasn’t until day 2 that I knew how to catch a cart. The food… Firstly I pitty you if you did not book directly via Bahia (as I did not) so therefore you are unable to book restaurant reservations ahead of time. They had already pre booked 2 restaurants for me (2 of which I WOULD NOT have picked if given the choice) which was the Indian and Mediterranean cuisine. I would say the Indian was the best option and someone needs to be slapped for that disgusting lamb at the Mediterranean À la cart restaurant. The appetizers were really good including the dolmas and seafood soup at the Mediterranean I will give them that. The buffet definitely gets boring after a while so you just have to switch it up and kinda make your own meals at the buffet. The truck stop (the only option open 24 hours) is absolutely horrendous!!! The food is beyond mediocre. I called it edible enough to survive. It’s a slap in the face honestly. Because of that specifically I will never stay at a resort under 5 stars. ON TOP OF THAT if you go late at night (to which I did only once) you will be stalked and bothered by the many raccoons out there! It’s like they come in pacts and they are most definitely not new to it, they have a whole damn system. I’m talking lookouts etc. I personally hate raccoons so if you love em than more power ya. The drinks! Omggggg like where is the alcohol!!! I’m trying to figure out wtf I paid for. Mediocre Mexican food and watered down drinks. This ruined my first Mexico experience, I just knew I was going to have the best margaritas and mojitos known to man. (And I did it was just off the resort).. The margaritas are horrible, the drinks will probably never get you tipsy let alone drunk. Omg the ride into town. Please be prepared to spend $80 US round trip from the resort to town and back. ON TOP of downtown Tulum being supppper expensive. Also went to Xel Ha and it’s literally like 5 minutes away and still got charged $25 both ways. Tulum is like the Miami of Florida it’s a complete tourist trap trust me. I spent the first night in Cancun at Temptations and all I have to say is I wish I never left. OH and don’t let them trap you into to that $25 tequila tasting! It’s not a real tasting they literally set you up. Took us to a swap market and made us stop by the jewelry store for a presentation just so you could taste just a lil tequila I was completely flabbergasted at the audacity. I promise you wholeheartedly both Tulum and Bahía don’t ever have to worry about seeing my pretty face again. Cancun I absolutely loved and that’s where I’ll be when I’m back. Love the bell boys btw can’t forget them. They were all so nice and willing to help.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanica W
Management response:Responded 2 December 2022

Dear Guest,
We really appreciate that you are taking the time to share us some valuable comments about your stay with us. The suggestions we receive from our guests are very important to maintain the quality and service. All comments, observation and suggestion are welcome in our work team, they help us to improve the area needed. We really regret you were not impressed with some of our services, we have taken note of these comments in order to take proper measures to guarantee our guests' enjoyment.
Our best regards!

Reviewed 1 December 2022

All activities are too expensive, terrible service for the wedding. Wedding organizer was rude and completely unwilling to compromise. We were told if it rained the whole wedding would be cancelled and no refund given. NON of this was communicated until we got there. It was an extra $2000 USD for one more hour, until 11:00pm. This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 1 December 2022

Dear Guest:
It is a pity that we have not exceeded your expectations; accept our sincere apologies, it certainly does not reflect the commitment and the quality that we have exhibited for many years. All your observations have been forwarded to the General Management of the resort as the guests satisfaction is our priority and rest assured we will be constantly striving to the excellence in our services.
Regards !!!

Reviewed 27 November 2022

We just returned from a trip with our family and friends (5 total). We had a wonderful experience, both groups stayed in the two room suites which are absolutely amazing. It was clean, updated and the staff is incredible. I do want to touch on a subject that I've read a lot about and I want to tell MY story so hopefully it can help someone else. On Day 1 of our trip, I got a little too much sun on my face. By Day 2, it was pretty severe. We discovered that apparently one of my medications had a serious adverse reaction to the sun. By Day 4, I was so miserable I was crying and my face was really bad - blistering and just hurting with a lot of nerve pain. We went to the pharmacy for help and they sent me to the on site medical facility there at the Hacienda on site. They were quick to help me. They took our insurance, too! The doctor was extremely gentle with me. She advised I had 2nd degree burns that were very serious and could scar. After much discussion, we decided against going to the hospital to see a specialist as I have an appointment and email into my doctor here as we're back now. The creams and pain medication she gave me, along with a shot for the inflammation and pain, were included in my $100 cost to see the doctor. She did not try to get me to spend any additional money and was seriously concerned for me. She ended up giving me three different medications and the shot. I cannot complain as it was almosts immediate relief (even though I'm still suffering from some of it, and will not know until I see my doctor here on Monday if I was have scarring but it's nothing my Mary Kay can't cover up). I was thrilled with how they treated me and the resort called to check on me as well the next morning. We are privilege club members and feel it is absolutely worth the extra special treatment we receive! We are lifetime fans - we are going to get around to all the resorts but we love all the Bahia properties in Akumal. We've stayed at all of them now. There's something unique about it property and it's so great that we can hop on a golf car train and be shuttled anywhere we want from our room!

Room tip: We prefer Sin K'an for rooms and buffet but it's hard to go wrong!
3  Thank Kristin S
Management response:Responded 28 November 2022

Dear Guest:

It is always encouraging to read your reviews.

We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed the services, the staff and our facility.
It is a great pleasure to receive so encouraging reviews that give our team energy to keep up great work every day.

We would like to express our appreciation for your comments and for mentioning our staff. It was honor for our entire team to be at your service.

Thank you once again for your choice and we are looking forward to your next visit in order to repeat this awesome experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2022

The new upgraded rooms are very nice. The food was fantastic. The main buffet was outstanding. A la carte restaurants visited were: Thai Indian, Don Pablo and The steakhouse at Akumal resort. Exceptional service in all and quality dining in all. Theses should not be missed. We are privilege members and service was excellent throughout the resort. We only visited 3 a la carte restaurants as we felt the main buffet was to our liking. We did walk to the beach area at Bahia akumal where we had been before as the ocean swimming is great there with beach. The beach at GBP Tulum is almost non existent as storms have eroded and washed out their beach. We recommend this hotel property resort to all. You will not be disappointed.

Room tip: The hotel does have a doctor on site that is fee based. There is no training of any staff for basic help. Be careful to any injury,
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 26 November 2022

Dear guest,

We are glad to know that you have spent a nice vacation in our hotel, we thank you for choosing us and for sharing your words and observations through this important medium.
To provide a better experience, do not hesitate to contact us at info.tulum@bahia-principe.com, to provide the best service possible for your future stay.

Best regards!
Irma Ramos
Bahia Principe Grand Tulum.

Reviewed 25 November 2022 via mobile

We are here for 6 days vacation, Thanksgiving brake. What a beautiful place! We have been to many Mexican hotels but this one deserves great rating! Everything about this hotel is amazing! All staff members are very friendly. The grounds are well kept, emerald green grass, coconut trees, banana palms, hibiscus bushes. There are lots of animals everywhere, they seem to mind their business, kids love wild nature. Food is delicious, honestly! They even have a Vegan corner and kids corner. I’m very picky about food and to hear this from me, it means a lot! We only go to the Yacatan buffet because it’s easy for kids to get what they want. Every night has a different theme. Asian with fresh salmon and tuna sashimi was outstanding! Spanish, Mexican, American (Thanksgiving dinner was nice). Great decorations at the front inside the buffet. They serve dishes for all tastes. I haven’t seen any person leaving with gloomy unhappy face. Waiters are good and service is fast.
Our 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite is clean and specious (1 king size bed and a pulled out couch), but no door between rooms. AC work fine but the shower floor was always flooded. We put bath towel on the floor to keep water from the room. All furniture, shower heads, light fixtures are brand new. We asked to clean our room twice only. We stay at villa 25, ground floor, two private terraces overlooking the garden, room #2503. It’s close to water park, kids club and the beach, but 10 min walk from the main hotel entrance and the buffet). Trolleys runs around resort every 5-10 min and you can always catch one if you are not up to walking.
The beach and pool area is simply awesome! No need to reserve a lounge chair, you can always find a plenty of them. The water is not turquoise blue as usual this time and there are small waves, but we don’t mind.
Drinks are good, but bars open at 10:30 am.
Every night is a different show at the theatre at 9 pm. We were very surprised how good the Magic show was! Silent disco was cool too (every person gets headphones, picks music and dances by the main pool). Kids shows start at 8 and children (from the club) take part in them. Music sounds throughout the resort all day. Pretty nice vacay mode.
Kids club is one of the best in this area (we were told). Club’s supervisors keep kids busy from 9 am till 5 pm. Our kids went there once and decided not to attend again (we prefer to stay at the beach or pool all day). I have noticed both clubs (4-7 y/o and 8-12) are always full, when kids pass by. There is a teens club on premises too.
Snorkeling tour. We went to a snorkeling tour once and it was great. The minivan picked us up at 7:30 am and we got back at 1:30 pm. Beautiful sailing! They served food and drinks and we had a chance to snorkel, swim in blue lagoon and use a puddle boat.
Transfer to/from hotel. This time I did some search and read reviews about taxi service because we waited for too long last time (spring brake this year). I booked USA Transfers and have no regrets! They are punctual, friendly and most importantly drivers are great (don’t watch football or chat on a phone:). We will be using this company from now on.
Overall, our trip was fantastic and we look forward to a next one!

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Veronica08
Management response:Responded 26 November 2022

Dear Guest:

It is always encouraging to read your reviews.

Best regards,