We went to this resort from july 31 to august 07 and we found a very nice hotel (2 nice hotel on the same field, Bahia Principe Tulum and Bahia Principe Akumal) This place is so big that you have to use a small shuttle (golf cart) for your transportation. We were scare by the damage of hurracane Emily but everything was nice and ok and we saw some employee working on different roof of restaurant ans lobby to fix it.
This was the most beautiful hotel we stay in the last 5 years. we went to Puerto plata-Punta cana and Varadero Cuba the last years and this one (Bahia Principe) was the best.
We stay on the Tulum side in Villa 31 and the room was nice and clean. A few problems with a/c for the first 2-3 hours but they fix it. The Mini bar was cool whit cola-beer-water-chocolat and chips each day. The restroom was very very nice. The t.v stration was not so good but we not there for that.
The buffet (Yucatan) was pretty good with a lot of choice but after 7 days in a buffet, your happy to get back home. The A La Carte restaurant (about 7 or 8) was nice. You cant take only 3 reservations in your week so we went to the sea food one on the side of Akumal, second one was the Mexican tequila and the last one was the Oriental restaurant at the Hacienda. The service in the a la carte resto was incredible. they was always there to fill up your water-wine-cola or tropical drink and etc
There about 5 pools on the complexe and the nicest one was the main pool in front of the Akumal Lobby. there also pools bars on both main pool of Tulum and Akumal.
The 1 mille 1/2 beach long is not so nice since hurracane Emily past. The sand is nice but if you want to go in the water, you have to select the place your going to pass. The best place to enjoy the ocean was in front of the restaurant La grande Tortuga. There was some nice waves on the other side of the bigs rocks they put there to stop de waves. If you like extreme sport, try the Kayak in the big wave, your gone a love it.
The entertainement team was funny (there 3 or 4 entertaiment team, 2 on the tulum side and 1 or 2 team on the Akumal side) We like the team of the main pool on the Tulum side with some fun games. I play volleyball-beach soccer and pool basketball. But each days, its almost the same thing they do so there nothing new. There no game room (ping pong-billiard-arcade and etc on both hotel) you have to go on the Hacienda (on the hotel complexe) in a little sport bar to play billiard
10:00 p.m. Shows 4/5
This was the most beautiful show i saw on a hotel resort and its not amateur like some other people say on this site.
Disco and night live 2/5
The disco open only at midnight after the band perform on the Hacienda. This hotel is not a place for bachelor or student. There a lot of couple and familly. If you want to have fun and party, take a hotel in Cancun or come with a lot of friend.
Very nice people, friendly with nice smile. They like it went you say some spanish word. Not a lot of employe speak english very well even in the front desk.
So the Bahia Principe Tulum and Akumal was a great place for our vacation and we recommand this resort for couple-senior-Familly. Its only 60 minutes from Cancun intern airport if you dont stop on each hotel before this one. There some very nice place to visit and please, dont take the visit tour with your agent. take the collectivo from the hiway in front of the hotel for only 2$ per person (ex; Visit tour of the Tulum ruines was 40$ US per person with our agent and only 16$ for me and my girlfriend with the collectivo 8$ to go and to get back and 3.80$ both to enter the tulum site and dont forget to bring some water when you visit a place because it's realy hot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal