Hotel itself is great; nice beach, great food, great service, and our room had no issues whatsoever. We have stayed with Gran Bahia Principe before (in Jamaica) and the fact that we are repeat customers says it all.
However, Gran Bahia Principe is aggressively promoting something called the Privilege Club. And I mean AGGRESSIVELY, with staff in the hotel lobby, flyers in the rooms and on the pillows at night, and logos on all the maps and handouts. They offer the impression that the Privilege Club is somehow a part of the hotel chain, but it is not. It is simply a third-party run "club" promising extra benefits to people who pay up front and return to hotels associated with the club. All the cheesey hustle associated with time-share sales (promises of "free gifts" that suddenly disappear when you don't sign up, hard-core closers to seal the deals, warnings that "there's just a few memberships left at this price", etc.), but without even the security of the limited property ownership of a time-share.
I wouldn't say that being sucked in to this marketing scam ruined our vacation; we bailed out as soon as we realized that it was a third-party deal not associated with the Bahia Principe chain. But we were left wondering why a large (and otherwise extremely attractive) hotel chain would associate their name with these scammers, let alone turn the blood-suckers loose in the lobby in uniform shirts with the hotel name on them.
Don't waste your time on the "Privilege Club".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 pools (including 2 with Jacuzzi for relaxation) 1 Jacuzzi Large sun terrace with loungers and sun umbrellas BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 5 tennis courts, bicycles Motorised sports (additional charge) Water activity and scuba diving centre Entertainment amphitheatres WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms additional charge) 1 buffet restaurant 3 a la carte restaurants 6 Bars Snack-Bar Wedding gazebo Dolphinarium (additional charge) Riviera Maya Golf Club: 18 long holes and 9 executive holes with lakes, natural wells and Mayan forest Hacienda Dona Isabel: karaoke bars, shows, live music and disco. Rooms 978 rooms including 4 types: Superior, Superior Junior Suite, Superior Club Hacienda and Club Hacienda Junior Suite. The Junior Suites are larger than the Superior rooms. Room facilities: King size bed (Superior Junior Suites) or 2 full size beds Sitting area (Superior Junior Suites) Fully-equipped bathroom: shower, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Hydromassage bath tub (Superior Junior Suites) Bathroom amenities Balcony or terrace Air conditioning Ceiling fan Telephone Radio alarm clock Flat screen satellite TV Mini-bar (included) Coffee-making facilities Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Hacienda rooms (See page 18, Club Golden, Club Hacienda) Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: Children's pool Mini Club with activities for children aged 4 to 12 Evening Mini Disco Bahia Scouts Water Park Other services On-site miniature railway providing access to all facilities 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Personalised diet option for celiacs and diabetics Cash point Specialised service for organising weddings, events and anniversaries Casino ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., LoveHolidays and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Tulum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Tulum
- Tulum Bahia Principe
- Gran Bahia Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Tulum Akumal
- Gran Bahia Principe Hotel
- Gran Bahia Principe Riviera Maya
- Gran Principe Tulum
- Gran Bahia Principe Mayan Riviera Resort
- Gran Bahia Principe Mexico
- Grand Bahia Principe Tulum Riviera Maya, Mexico - Akumal