6,567 results
All reviews ribs mayan suite a la carte restaurants beach bar el dorado fish the salt water pool the white sands main pool colonial lobby outdoor shower punta emilia adult pool junior suite hemingway bar white party make reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2015

We arrived Monday, June 1st as a party of 5, my husband and I, my 68 years old father and our 2 sons, 15 and 11. We booked to rooms that we up graded on arrival because my husband did not want to spend a week in a very small full size bed. Check in was fast and very helpful. We stayed in rooms 5005 and 5006, we found them located very close to everything on the Kantenah side of the resort including the pool and beach. When we arrived they didn't have a junior suite with a king so we were put into another room with full size beds until Wednesday then we moved into a king. Just for your information a room with 2 doubles was way to small for a family of 4. We ended up putting our older son in with grandpa and share a room with just our 11 year old and he slept on the pull out couch. No adult could sleep on the pull out couch comfortably.
The beach is OK there is a small area in front of the Kantenah side that has an area to walk out into the ocean with no rocks, you will know it because it is the place with all the people.. It was very nice. The last day we saw a sting ray swimming in this area and we left the area and were done with the ocean.
The pool is huge. Bring a cheap floaty it is 5 ft 3in deep in all areas except the steps. I am 5'3" and I could not stand at all. My 11 year old and I did lots of swimming until be got our float. The temperature was great not to cold but felt great when you are hot from the beach.
The restaurants were ok, go early if you don't want to wait. We ate at the steak house, Mexican, ribs and more, beach BBQ, Brazilian and Japanese. The only ones to make reservations at are the Japanese and Beach BBG make reservations the day before for these. When you check in find out what night the Beach BBQ is, it was very good. Our favorite was the Brazilian (great service and food), the Japanese (Chicken and Steak was good the seafood was yucky) and the Beach BBQ (the grilled steak and chicken were great).
We ate at the buffet everyday for breakfast and poolside buffet at lunch, our server was Martha (she is great very personable and sweet she went out of her way to be nice and chat with us) We made sure we sat in her section everyday. Tip her good she is worth it.
We tried the mini golf one night. Way to hard no one in our group could get the ball in the hole on every hole.
Swim up bar was a nice place to sit to get out of sun and grab a drink, Alejandro was great, funny and energetic he always remembered us when we came up.
We did 2 excursions that I booked before we left. We did Alltournative (Cova, Zipline and cenote) very fun lots of excitement for the kids to muck for grandpa but we all had a great time very long day. We also did Adventuras Mayas (Swim with turtles and ATV) very fun again loved the turtles.
Would we come back again to this resort? Maybe its a little to big for me we stayed on the Kantenah and Colonial side most of the time. One of the biggest things for me about this resort traveling with kids is that all there water is purified and you can brush your teeth and not worry about getting sick.
The workers were all very nice and tried hard house keeping was not good. We had 3 people staying in our room and we only could get 2 towels, when we would call to get more sometime we would sometime we had to share because they never came. The room next door would get towel art and we would not. The mini fridge is ok, nothing would stay cold and we tried to request one kind of beer and soda only and we would leave a tip but we never got what we requested.
With all that being said we did have a great time and the kids loved it and were not board at all.

3  Thank BrenRob
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2015

Dear BrenRob,

Thank you very much for all your congratulations.

All the Palladium staff work very hard every day to give to our clients all of our best service. When we read that we did it, we feel very proud of our daily job.

Thanks again for share with us your comment. we will be delighted to hosting you again in the near future.

Santiqago Escañuela

Grand palladium Kantenah & Colonial resort & Spa

Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

Day 1 ... We paid for the kantenah mayan suite upon check in found we were in colonial. I told young lady at check in I paid extra for the kantenah side and would not accept anything less. The young lady seemed more interested in answer phone and speaking to other guest than helping me. She did finally find us room but we had to wait because room wasn't clean. We did email resort a week before with special request. I know they are just request so we heard nothing.
Day 2 wife's birthday made reservations on app for the cake tasting for $20 per person. Wife, 2 daughters and me. Went to concierge to find out how it works she knew nothing about it it. Made some phone calls and she told me it should not be there and they would be removing it from the app. It is still on the app as of today. So she was nice enough offered to give us reservations in then Allah carte restaurant which I took her up on. we ate at Portofino and the waiters were excellent even sang happy birthday to my wife.
Day 3 spent time at beach. Wife water shoes stolen off deck. Staff did not seem to care when I went them. Went to white party at salt water pool. Should offer transport to this event, when it's dark it's hard to find things. Heck when it's light it's hard to find things this place is huge!!
Day 4 ... Went to Tulum with Cancun Adventures. Swam with turtles as well very fun trip. Ask for Javo he was a great guide.
DAY 5...Well that's tomorrow I will let you know how it goes.
Happy to answer any questions.

Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank craigp710
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2015

Dear Craig,

We take note of your comments and bring it to the heads department attention

Celia Benito
Asistant Manager
Grand Palladium

Reviewed 8 June 2015

Generaly a great trip. Resort a little long in tooth but very well maintained. Staff was great. Really impressed by hard the staffed worked and were well trained.
Al a cart rrestraunts were good except for the Mexican themed one whis was very disappointing.
Exceptional service at the breakfast and lunch buffets by Landi.
Contractor staff for the water sports area were not friendly and very close to rude.

Room tip: Don't waste money on upgrades to White Sands or Rivera resorts.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Bud C
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear Bud,

Thank you for the time to share your review

we hope we can host you again in the future becasue we will try to exceed your expectations

Celia Benito
Assistant Manager
Grand Palladium

Reviewed 7 June 2015

This hotel was recommended to us by our travel agent who had visited this resort on two separate occasions with her two children and husband. We wanted a safe resort in the Cancun/Rivera Maya that provided plenty of entertainment for our daughter, age 6 years, good choice of food, service, nice beach and a good standard of accommodation. This accommodation certainly met our needs. From the time we arrived we were treated with respect and staff were helpful and friendly. The activity staff around the pools on the Kantenah side worked extremely hard with adults and children throughout the day. They were filled with enthusiasm and managed to enable the activities to take place that provided fun for all involved. Grand Palladium have certainly chosen their entertainment staff well. The kids shows in the night were excellent and considering it was provided by staff employed at the Palladium it was professional and very enjoyable to watch.

The restaurants were a mixture of al a Carte (of which there were around 8) and also 4 buffet with a 24 hour beach bar. Excellent choice of food and I don't know what more people could want. Bar service was very good so was room service. Rooms a good standard, clean and mini bar replenished regularly with drinks of your choice.

Now the best was the local wildlife that fascinated my daughter. Iguanas, coatis, racooms and the most fabulous fish. There was a tropical feel about the location of this hotel and my daughter felt as though she had an abundance of pets. I have to emphasise that these animals did not cause a problem in any way and guests embraced their presence.

I would recommend this hotel for a restful break in tropical surroundings. Excellent and safe for children with good kids water park, pool and kids club. I am sure there are more up market resorts but you cannot fault this hotel for activities, food choice and standard of service. We will definitely be returning at some point. Many thanks to the management and staff for making our holiday so enjoyable.

Room tip: Kantenah side good for families villa 41 excellent location and central to buffets, lobby etc. Not much walking required.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank AndB
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2015

Dear AndB,

Thank you very much for this amazing comment about your holidays in our Grand Palladium Resort & Spa.

We are delighted to having exceeded their expectations and we hope see you again in 2016 to make your holidays an unforgetable time.

Warms regards,

Santiago Escañuela

Grand Palladium Kantenah & Colonial Resort & Spa

Reviewed 7 June 2015

We have just returned home from a week in a lush tropical resort. What a relaxing time we had. The resort is huge with bars, restaurants and shopping everywhere. Someone is always there to answer questions and help with anything you need. We especially enjoyed the adult pool where we had the most amazing and attentive bar tender we have ever had. His name is Jacinto Cavich Cajun and he is absolutely wonderful!!! We have been on numerous cruises and other all inclusive vacations and we have never had a bartender who was so friendly and helpful. Of course it didn't hurt that he made excellent drinks and was always willing to let us add anything we wanted to try. He especially made our vacation a wonderful time. One negative I can say is make sure you brings long pants for men as they can't get into the ala carte restaurants without them. My husband had to rent pants to go to dinner which was kind of weird but at least they were available. The Ribs & More Restaurant would not be one I would go to again as the food was not as good as other restaurants. We would definitely return to this resort again as soon as we can!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Betty P
ColonialKantenah, Gerente at Grand Palladium Kantenah Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2015

Dear Betty P,

We are so grateful to see that you enjoyed your holidays with us in our Hotel Resort & Spa. We appreciate your feedback and we are happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations.

Thank you very much for choice Palladium to enjoy your holidays and share your experience with us.

We will be waiting for your next visit on September to give you again an unforgetable holidays.

Santiago Escañuela