“A lucky find if you're low maintenance!”
Beach Kayaks
Kayaks
Outdoor Areas
Swimming Pool
Swimming Pool
Patio in front of the condo
Master Bedroom
Living Area
Dinning Area
Dinning and Living Area
South Akumal
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tannedfel...
Calgary, Canada
“A lucky find if you're low maintenance!”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014

This place is a diamond in the rough. Upon reading the reviews of this place, especially the Eeyore that complained of every little detail, I was skeptical this place would be OK for us (2 adults/2 teens). I'm glad we stuck to our gut-feeling and trusted this would be a great place to stay. I'm giving this place four stars, but it's really 3 star accommodation. The fourth star is for the staff that work there making the 7 Seas all that more enjoyable.

What was considered by some as "dark and tucked in the back corner" to us was a delight. We stayed during the busy holiday season and feared the small property would be too loud. However, this place is the best of the lot if you like privacy or quiet. Because it is tucked away toward the back of the lot, no one strolled past our place or walked across our patio or peered into our windows just to see what this unit looked like. The patio is by far the biggest with the best outdoor furniture! We ate outside every night and on the night it was raining and the wind howled, we could still enjoy our meal outside while listening the tropical storm and staying entirely dry - the patio is that big. Win!

A drawback to the patio were the nightly visits from the hermit crabs that would clumsily pull themselves across the patio much to the dismay of our kids who I am certain were utterly convinced that the crabs were going to sneak into the condo in the night and skin them alive. The adults loved the crabs, we thought it was cool!

Inside the unit the layout was great. The adults slept at one side of the condo in a large bedroom and the kids slept on the other side in their own very large bedroom and both rooms had their own bathrooms. The living room and kitchen separates the two rooms. This is a great set up for families or for two couples to share the space (although beware - the one room had two single beds that would need to be pushed together if you are a second couple).

The kitchen was small, yet functional and if I were to offer any feedback it would be to please sharpen the kitchen knives. I know that's an odd request, but the knives are so dull I quite literally used a butter knife to cut chicken breasts. That's an easy fix and cheap, however!

To the extra high-maintenance person that complained about the TV being too old and too small - you're right. The TV is old and it is small. However, who goes to Akumal Bay to watch TV? If you're in Akumal Bay and watching TV, then you aren't doing Akumal Bay right in the first place (and a mighty boo to you and your review).

The internet was shoddy. But, like the TV, I didn't mind. It worked well enough to check email and ensure everything back home was fine, but I didn't rely on it for more than that. Had I tried, I am sure I would have been frustrated.

Bottom line: This place, by some standards may be considered outdated and dark. However, all four of us loved it because it was far enough removed from the other guests that we were private, but still close enough to the beach that we were lulled to sleep by the waves every night. If you keep your expectations low, and you are a positive person then you'll appreciate this place for what it is - a deal. If you are looking for proper bang-for-buck, this is the place for you. Sergio, the grounds keeper will come up to you daily for an English lesson. Oblige him, he's eager to learn and it's clear he loves his job and meeting the guests!

Side note: upon reading the guestbook in the place (full of great tips) it sounds as though the owner of the condo is a great lady! the kind words that people say of you was refreshing and oftern quite funny to read. It's clear you like to enjoy life with friends, Owner! Whomever you are KindCondoLady, you sound to be a lovely person. Have a mojito at Lucy's for me next time you're down. CHEERS!

**for clarity, I don't know the owner at all. Upon reviewing my review it seems like I am pushing too hard and I may know her, but fact is I just don't understand the negative words some people used to describe this place so I am speaking to those who aren't high-maintenance, and you know who you are.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Location within the complex
Liked least: Kitchen wares could use some updating.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
colorado
Reviewed 12 April 2010 for a stay in March 2010
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Setting
Liked least: Outdated unit
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:

Reviewed 29 July 2008 for a stay in July 2008
person found this review helpful

nepean, ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2008 for a stay in March 2008

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing