All reviews private beach main building complimentary minibar jungle hike jungle spa special property jurassic park outdoor shower baby turtles square feet punta mita slice of heaven four seasons via golf cart rooftop bar catch of the day reception area
Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

I am here right now. So far we made them switch rooms three times and send a maintenance guy here for 2 hours... because we had some safety concerns because this property was not designed for kids. But i am BLOWN AWAY by the lengths and management have gone to accommodate us. It is amazing these people are honesty, sweet, and eager to please... the property is beyond belief.. we have stayed in punta mita 8 times... at the four Seasons and saint regis... you can't go wrong with any of the three all are amazing world class... this is on the level of tgese places.. and for adults only romance this would probably be better.. don't be scared of no name brand, this is amazibg

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

We visited Imanta for a week for our "baby moon" and were blown away! The property itself is secluded and extremely picturesque. It's a bit of a drive from Puerto Vallarta, through a tiny town, and through Imanta's gates - something like being transported into another world. It's 100% different from some of the bigger hotels in the area in that it's quiet, more in tune with nature, and has personality and includes personal touches.

The property, although nestled among the trees, hills, wildlife, and stones, is immaculately maintained - staff clean up every step each morning! The food was spectacular, and the service even better. I could tell that each of the staff cared about the place and our experience. Several of them humored me by helping me with my Spanish - and all were accommodating of my dietary needs and really focused on our visit. They also gladly arranged offsite trips and onsite excursions. Our room was immaculate, spacious, and had beautiful views of the jungle and the ocean (as well as the plunge pool) and was cleaned and set up perfectly each morning while we were at breakfast (they must call from the restaurant so they are in and out without inconveniencing the guest). There is plenty to do in the immediate area, but we also loved lounging at the beach and visiting the beach palapa for amazing guacamole and drinks!!

Overall an A++ experience!!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nc6312
Reviewed 7 October 2015

This is seriously one of a kind resort. The only you will ever find in Mexico. It doesn't even feel like you're in mexico the moment you're here because of the location and property. I was blessed to arrive here for Valentine.. from the minute you drive into the jungle and check in at the jungle reception you feel like you're in a different world. The property is so excluded from the world, so private that you don't even know how to feel!!!

My room was just amazing. I forgot the room number but we were right below the bar they had at night, so we pretty much had a private pool to spent in the morning, since like I mentioned.. the resort is so private, even if it is fully booked up you won't even see another single soul here.

Ive been blessed to have stayed at the most beautiful resorts in my life time and this sure top off my list. Although the service wasn't exceptional.. I have no complaints about it.

You're expecting to spend a lot of money here unlike the many resorts you find in mexico this isn't an all inclusive but how can it be? I don't blame though. Side note though, the food is 5 star worthy. I rather spend the $20 and cab it into town where ALLL the restaurant there is beyond amazing. It is quite touristy so expect to spend $30 a person even in town!!

The beach was one of my favourite spot. Unlike the other resorts, you cannot get to this beach unless you A: have a boat or B: stay here. Just amazing.

At night its beautiful... Ive never seen so many shooting stars in my life

Theres not many places in the world I would revisit again, but this made it into that list.

Room Tip: All rooms offer a different view, all perfection in its on way.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2015

Imanta is a privately operated resort just north of the Punta Mita resort area on Mexico's Pacific coast. We drove through a little ramshackle town to a private gate, where a guard let us in. We then drove for a couple of miles through the jungles to the reception area. To say that Imanta is private and quiet would be a tremendous understatement. The hotel has only a few suites, and all are very private. All buildings were constructed by hand using the stone that was found on site. Many of the craftsmen who built it are still employed on staff. There is a distinct sense of pride and ownership that the employees exhibit, which made us feel as if we were speaking to our hosts when we talked to them. From the palapa at the beach to the dining room and bar at the main building, and everywhere in between, the staff at Imanta was exceptional. We felt embraced by the relaxed and gracious people who work there. We had the whole beach to ourselves. We ran on the beach in the mornings and looked for sea turtle tracks. Each night a turtle came ashore and made a nest, and each night the staff would follow behind the turtle, dig the eggs up, place them gently into a container, and relocate them to a protected area on the beach where they can remain until the little turtles emerge and make their dash to the ocean. The food and beverages were exceptional, as was the service in all areas. We hated to leave our friends at Imanta, and we vowed to return again. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a pool, and not all rooms are on the ocean, but those are the ones to get, although they are all great!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Les C
Reviewed 25 August 2015

I was at the Imanta resort for dinner..I didn't stay there. The dinner was not very good. the dishes are too bland. it was a very expensive meal.
my friends and I looked a a room..it was fabulous. the landscape at this resort is gorgeous.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends