W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$374
Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$71
US$69
Punta de Mita Luxury Residences(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$369
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Breakfast included
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$800
US$719
  • Pool
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$190
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$987
US$964
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$887
US$788
Condo-Hotel Cinco(Punta de Mita)
TripAdvisor
2,082 results
All reviewssea breezeoutdoor showerbutler servicepunta mitaremede spachampagne ritualfour seasonsdeluxe suitemarine safaripersonal butlerwalk in closetthe general managerspg platinumsi senorcasa teresagolf coursefish tacos
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We are here for the fifth straight year and it appears the hotel has been devoted to Corporate groups and individual people must adjust their schedule around these events. As I sit here today I am not allowed to use the pool or beach in front of my room , it is reserved for a Corporate event all day. When I booked the room I was not told I was only able to use part of the hotel nor did the price reflect partial usage. As I sit at the pool I had to use it has now been two hours since I last saw a waiter apparently most of the staff is at the other beach and pool with the Corporate event.
As I mentioned before this is my fifth visit, I doubt there will be a sixth. At over fifteen hundred dollars a night I would expect better treatment

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
stregispuntamita, Executive & Administrative Assistant to the General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

We are very sorry to hear of your uncharacteristic experience. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay. We invited you to email angelica.sanz@stregis.com our Director of Guest Experience, so we can further investigate. We pride ourselves in providing an incomparable service and would like to know more about your concern.

Many thanks in advance.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

We stayed at the St. Regis in mid-January 2018. The property has villas with ocean views or garden views - which gives you more privacy than at most one-structure resorts. We loved the butler service - Juan and Christian were attentive to our every need and they even decorated the room for my husband's birthday. Their kindness and prompt service were the highlights of our visit. We also found the spa to be super-luxurious and relaxing. There were several different pools and restaurants to choose from and we felt we could always find privacy when needed. The food was excellent. We enjoyed the flora and fauna in the property, especially the birds. It is pricey but worth it for a splurge.

Room Tip: Spring for a villa with an ocean view.
1  Thank Liz K
stregispuntamita, Executive & Administrative Assistant to the General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear Liz K,

Thank you for choosing the hospitality of The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, and for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience.

We are delighted to know you’ve found our resort super luxurious and relaxing; we will share your kind comments to Juan & Christian, so they can feel the great work they do every day.

We all look forward very much to welcoming you back soon and thanks again for your warm message!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

This place is a St. Regis, so it is a little stuffy; however, it is beautiful and the attention to detail and general service was pretty amazing. Our butler made sure that we had no problems, from booking surfing lessons to pressing clothes. I only ate breakfast at the resort, but the food was on point. Take advantage of the Happy Hour.

1  Thank Derek S
stregispuntamita, other at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Dear Mr. Derek,

Thank you for visiting our beautiful oceanfront paradise and for sharing your experience.

We feel really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and availed yourself of the many things the hotel has to offer, please be assured we will let our team know your gentle comments.

We are very much looking forwards to your next visit!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

This is a paradise. Beautiful hotel and amazing beach. Service is one of the best we ever had. You have to try passion fruit margarita!!!!! Heaven!! We are coming back every year!
Mita Mary is serving fresh fish daily and they try to accommodate all your needs.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
stregispuntamita, other at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

We are very happy that you had a lovely stay in the St. Regis Punta Mita Resort.
The location is the best to enjoy the sea, nature and also to relax away from the crowds.
Thank you for your wonderful review, and we look forward to welcoming you back someday in the not-so-distant future.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

My husband and I just returned from a magical 5 night stay in a beachfront Luxury One Bedroom Villa at the St Regis Punta Mita to celebrate my birthday. We previously had stayed in a Deluxe Suite over Thanksgiving week 2015 and had a truly wonderful time. (See my previous TripAdvisor review.)

We originally booked in Feb 2017 the 5 night stay for Jan 2018 using 120,000 SPG points--until we saw the SPG 35% suite award booking promo come out in July 2017. That allowed us to book the same Deluxe Suite as we'd had in 2015 for only 156,000 SPG points for the same 5 nights. We then negotiated with the hotel for a (significant but fair) cash upgrade to the Luxury One Bedroom Villa.

Suffice to say that this stay was absolutely wonderful yet again--we'd return in a heartbeat. We absolutely loved the villa and its beachfront location and view, and again loved the dining and the plethora of restaurant and bar options. While we did have a few minor service disappointments, the hotel always recovered beautifully. Once again, our stay was extremely relaxing and a perfect escape to celebrate my birthday.

The other highlight was the incredibly close interactions we got to enjoy with several humpback whales while on our private catamaran excursion. We literally were able to almost touch them from our boat. They kept coming back to check US out, too. We were so close we got sprayed a number of times from their breathing holes!

We also had the chance to visit both the Four Seasons Punta Mita again and the brand new W Puna Mita while dining at Aramara (FS) and Spice Market (W), respectively. We still greatly prefer the smaller size, intimacy, and Mexican authenticity of the St Regis over the Four Seasons--and there is no question that the St Regis dining options are better. In fact, we thought the W's Spice Market was much better than FS's Aramara. We previously had stayed at the Four Seasons Punta Mita in Sept 2004 (our second time).

CHECK IN

We flew AA F from LAX-PVR.

We previously had arranged our private SUV transfer from the PVR airport (2100 MXN to the StR, 1700 MXN back to the PVR airport). Our driver was waiting for us with a St Regis Punta Mita sign outside baggage claim; he was very friendly and professional. It was a very comfortable and very well air conditioned easy 45 minute drive to the resort--now almost entirely on the newly constructed highway that was completed only a year ago.

Check in is done on a beautiful terrace overlooking the decorative pools (and adult pools below).

Checking in was easy, though it did take a little longer than we recall from our Sept 2015 stay. We actually think the villa check in should be handled in the villas, but that was not to be. Still, after 10-15 min and a refreshing welcome margarita for each of us, we are off to our Luxury One Bedroom Villa.

LUXURY ONE BEDROOM VILLA

The Luxury One Bedroom Villa was everything we'd hoped it would be. We had the villa to the far side of the resort property, located closest to the Sea Breezes restaurant for breakfast and Mita Mary's for lunch/pool service. Very convenient!

First and foremost: the air conditioning worked marvelously. I was in heaven. We kept the bedroom to about 18-19 C for me and the rest of the villa at 21 C for my husband:

Second, the villa is 1800 square feet and beachfront. There is a large open living room/dining room, with a full kitchenette room and an entry full bathroom with shower. There is a connecting door to the attached room next door, allowing the villa to have two bedrooms if desired. The master bedroom suite was incredibly spacious as well, with a large bedroom and walk-in closet (not to mention the closets near the entrance to the villa!), and a huge bathroom with beautiful free standing tub, two free standing shower heads, a toilet/bidet room, two separate vanities, and a large outdoor shower area with yet another free standing shower head. All very well appointed and well thought out.

The entry full bathroom was extremely convenient for both us and for our friends--who stayed at the nearby W Punta Mita resort but who most often spent the days and/or nights with us at the St Regis.

The kitchen refrigerator was stocked with tons of water, sodas, beer, etc, and basically served as the villa's mini-bar. All of those beverages were complimentary and were re-stocked daily.

But the money view was from the villa out to the the pool/jacuzzi and beach. The pool and jacuzzi deck was right on the beach...and quite huge. I'm not sure we've ever seen such a large jacuzzi. It's even bigger than our massive jacuzzi at our home!

The Villa comes with a reserved beach cabana and umbrellas/seating on the beach. That was a surprise but very nice amenity that my husband and our friends especially enjoyed. (I preferred to laze around the private pool.) It was great that it was reserved for us, but we often had to let other guests know when they inadvertently didn't notice the "Reserved Cabana" sign and tried to use it!

There really was only one downside to the entire Villa: the adjoining extra room. It could be used to create a 2 bedroom villa...but it also could be used as a separate room entirely for another guest. It had its own separate entrance, which was fine, but its terrace was oddly able to look into our pool deck area. We asked and were told that separate room would be occupied for the 3rd and 4th nights of our stay, so we asked them to put up a curtain or some other divider to allow us more privacy. Their solution was a very curious and somewhat tacky board placed in the open space, with a curtain hung to attempt a bit more elegance (it failed). The whole thing smacked of a Sheraton and not a proper St. Regis. The hotel did handle this fine by ultimately not putting anyone there in the end--even though they supposedly were sold out. But I would insist in the future that I get a villa without any possibility for anyone else staying in the adjoining room unless they can provide more appropriate separation.

At our request, they did put the curtain on our side so as to block the ugly board. And at our request on Saturday after the other guests supposedly had left (even though they never were placed there, as we learned only later), they did take down the board and curtain. Thank goodness!

SERVICE

Service was outstanding. Throughout our entire stay, all of the butlers, housekeepers, valets, restaurant servers, bartenders, pool and beach attendants, and activities staff were extraordinarily friendly and willing to go the extra mile to make sure we were happy.

We did miss our welcome amenity, a very normal Platinum recognition that I'm not sure I've been missed at any St Regis before. The hotel rectified that with a few different amenities the next few days.

I absolutely love the St Regis butler service. For me, this puts St Regis above Four Seasons, Peninsula, and Mandarin Oriental. And the butler service here was absolutely extraordinary.

The butlers unpacked me and packed me. My husband didn't avail himself of the butler packing at the end...and his luggage looked like it. The butlers also bring morning coffee.

The butlers here really love using WhatsApp or texting to expedite service. I love this feature. I used WhatsApp to communicate with our butlers whenever I needed anything--be it "beach service" from our pool deck or getting extra water for the villa or asking for the restaurant manager to come see us to help arrange my birthday dinner!

The butlers helped us move reservation times as needed--without a single issue. That was true even for our reservations at the Four Seasons and W resorts. They even suggested against a private chef idea we had considered--they thought it too expensive, and we agreed--and instead suggested we try Sufi (outside the St Regis but within the Punta Mita community) instead of dining again at Carolina. While we didn't love Sufi, we were most impressed with how they tried to guide us.

Restaurant and bar service were similarly amazing. We had lunch one day at the Murietta's bar, but felt like a ceviche that was available only at Mita Mary's. So the bartender said no problem and made sure that was included in the order. It didn't even take any longer! As it turned out, you could pretty much order anything from almost any restaurant that was open and get it from any other if you asked.

The butlers also helped us with my most serious complaint while at the resort: the music played by the nearby Sea Breezes/Mita Mary pool area. In 2015, we spent all of our time by the adults-only pool on the other side of the resort. So we have no idea if it was normal to have a DJ playing music by that pool--but we found it annoying when it began around noon on Friday. We paid for the beachfront villa so we could enjoy the tranquility of the surf and waves and nothing more. So I complained the moment it began. We were about to head out on our private catamaran excursion, so I was most concerned for Saturday and Sunday. The butlers and Murietta's manager almost immediately had that music turned down so we barely noticed it. We were very relieved! (And we're told it was not a normal occurrence but was due to a wedding event on property.) We were thrilled that our butlers took care of that for us.

Service obviously was to the highest standard. We were very pleased.

DINING

Dining again was wonderful here at the St Regis.

We very fondly remember dining 3 of our 5 nights in 2015 at the signature fine dining Carolina Restaurant for dinner. We ended up dining 2 of our 5 nights again at Carolina for this stay. Our butler had suggested Sufi to replace one of our 3 planned dinners at Carolina--but we far preferred Carolina and wished in retrospect that we had had 3 of our 5 dinners again at Carolina!

The new Carolina chef is French-inspired, as opposed to the last time we were here in 2015 with an amazing Mexican-inspired chef. While we preferred the 2015 Mexican-inspired cuisine, we also enjoyed our Carolina dinners for this stay. The new chef has some adventurous dishes, not all of which we thought were successful. But we really loved our meals, nonetheless.

My birthday dinner at Carolina was a true culinary adventure--planned with some private guidance by the restaurant manager, Luis. Luis was extremely proud and informed of fine dining and obviously wanted to impress us. He couldn't have been more helpful to us in planning the 10 course feast. While we didn't love all the courses (we really weren't fond of the duck or pork chop), we really loved the dinner overall--including the special courses prepared off menu for me, and the amazing chocolate raspberry birthday cake as per my request, provided gratis.

Breakfast was offered every morning in Sea Breezes, very close to our villa. With the exception of one morning where service was very slow, service was wonderful. We always ate outside, where it was a bit cooler. The breakfast buffet spread is quite impressive. We chose from the buffet and also ordered from the menu most mornings. Since I am SPG Platinum, both of our breakfasts were always free, regardless.

Our final morning we enjoyed room service breakfast outside our villa. Though it took longer than it should have (45 min), it was delicious and quite hot:

Our one lunch at Mita Mary's was so good that we ended up ordering from there every day even as part of our "beach service" from our villa. It was amazing. The shrimp ceviche and chicken quesadillas were a daily order for us! We even were able to get the Mita Mary's ceviche while eating lunch one day at the new Murrietta's bar. Great food, great service.

We also had lunch once at Murrieta's bar (which had been closed for reconstruction when last we were here in 2015). I ordered the Murrieta's salmon ceviche for the first time--delicious (but we still prefer the Mita Mary's shrimp ceviche, which everyone else got!).

After our dinner at Spice Market at the W, we returned to the St Regis and tried the Altimira Cantina for dessert. (This is the same area where we were checked in above.) Suffice to say that the churros were so good that I had to order them a second time.

We also frequently used "beach service" from Sea Breezes/Mita Mary's to order (essentially) room service right to our villa--since we were right on the beach anyway! That was fabulous. The attendants always walked over to see if we might need anything, anyway, making it very easy.

We also dined at Aramara at the Four Seasons and Spice Market at the W, as mentioned above. Aramara was disappointing, with solid and fine but largely unremarkable food. Spice Market blew it out of the water with the same Asian inspired menu but with delicious food that made all of us over-order and over-eat. I would return to Spice Market in a second; it was tied with Mita Mary's as our second favorite restaurant in Punta Mita.

The range of dining options for the St Regis really is astounding. We had 2 dinners at Carolina. We had lunch one day at Mita Mary's, and ordered from Mita Mary's almost every other day. We had lunch one day at Murietta's bar, even though we also ordererd some from the Mita Mary's menu (with no issue). We had dessert two nights at the Altimira Cantina. We had breakfast every morning but one at Sea Breezes. We had room service breakfast in our villa on our final morning. Really impressive options, and very impressive food all-around.

We didn't even make it this trip to the Sea Breezes bar (where we spent almost the entire Thanksgiving Day 2015 since it was raining). Or to the Moet and Chandon Oyster Bar, located at the other end of the resort closer to the adults-only pools. Or to the Hennessey Bar, located in the central Murrietta's pool area. So many choices!

PRIVATE 48' CATAMARAN EXCURSION--HUMPBACK WHALES UP CLOSE!

We previously arranged with the concierge for a private catamaran excursion to go diving and snorkeling around the Marieta Islands near Punta Mita. We paid $2050 for the 4 hour excursion for the 4 of us (up to 8 persons included),which we found quite reasonable.

We decided a few weeks beforehand to cancel the diving--due to reports of subpar diving, due to our friend being injured and not able to easily snorkel, and due to the fact that it was prime whale watching season in Punta Mita.

It turned out to be one of the most memorable wildlife experiences for us ever! While we enjoyed seeing the Marietas Islands, and we loved the crew, the highlight turned out to be the humpback whales.

We first saw a mother and calf, with the calf learning to jump out of the water and make a splash--which was hilarious.

Then we saw a bunch of humpbacks and followed them on our way back to the resort. Then they put on a show for us, jumping out of the water and splashing right in front of us--to our utter shock and amazement. But to make it even more amazing, they ended up coming right up to our catamaran to check us out--literally a few feet away. It was unbelievable. The humpbacks were as curious about us as we were about them. Unforgettable.

POOLS

The pools at the St Regis are actually quite impressive. And there are 3 groups of pools--two of which allow children, and one group of which is adults-only. There are so many different pools that, even when the resort is completely full, as it was both times we've been here, the pools never feel crowded!

Sea Breezes/Mita Mary's pools (north end of property, big upper pool and small lower pool).

Murietta's pools (middle of property, big upper pool, big lower pools):

Adults-only pools (large lower pool, large overhanging upper pool, southern end of property).

BEACH

The beach was absolutely beautiful to look at, but it was pretty rocky to wade into for almost everywhere except the Sea Breeze's/Mita Mary's end beach cove. Free rock shoes were available for anyone so they could wade out without worry.

SPA

I don't do spas, but my husband loves them. So I took a rare tour of the spa with him. He had two massages during his stay (one complimentary for the pool music issue), and he said one was among the best he'd ever had (preferred male masseuse) and the other was extremely good (female masseuse).

The gym was located in a pavilion adjacent to the spa. I suppose this means that I can accurately claim now to have gone to the gym while on holiday.

OVERALL

Again, we loved the St Regis Punta Mita--and especially the beachfront Luxury Villa. The food was amazing. The service was incredible. The view was tantalizing. The private catamaran excursion was wonderful--and provided us a whale of a time with one of the most memorable wildlife experiences we've ever had seeing humpbacks so close and personal. The air conditioning worked like a charm. The wifi was fast and reliable. The staff was incredibly responsive. You can't ask for more.

We can't wait to get back yet again...

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms truly have wonderful views if you can afford the upcharge. Otherwise, just enjoy whatever room you can afford!
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Bill R
stregispuntamita, other at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Mr. Bill,

Thank you very much for the time invested in making this publication. We appreciate your having stayed with us. Your comments give us complete satisfaction, knowing that we fulfill our mission. Our guest’s feedback is truly appreciated in our constant commitment to improve our service levels.

We were delighted that you’ve enjoyed all the details we take pride in offering our guests. We have strived to deliver the most memorable experience to our valued guest. Our dedicated team is what makes our resort stand out as a true luxury escape, and we appreciate your kind words of encouragement.

Again, thank you for your wonderful review, and we look forward to welcoming you back someday in the not-so-distant future.