US$291
US$207
HotelsForEveryone
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$307/night.

Hotel Meson de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$180
  • Breakfast included
W Punta de Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$412
US$345
Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$452
US$406
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$550/night.

Punta de Mita Luxury Residences(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$367
  • Pool
Imanta Resort(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$987
US$958
Casa De Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
US$842
US$788
Iberostar Playa Mita(Punta de Mita)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
2,095 results
All reviewssea breezeoutdoor showerbutler servicepunta mitaremede spachampagne ritualfour seasonsdeluxe suitepersonal butlerthe general managerwalk in closetspg platinumsi senorcasa teresafish tacosgolf courseadult pool
Reviewed 19 September 2012

We travel quite frequently, and were quite impressed with the St. Regis Punta Mita. The grounds are absolutely beautiful. We also felt very safe within the gated Punta Mita community. The gated area of Punta Mita is like an oasis in the middle of nowhere. The only downside would be that the majority of the beach is un-swimmable.

We highly recommend the hotel car service! It is a bit expensive, but you realize how worth it really is on your drive to and from the resort. We met friends who rented a car and said all-in it cost them ~$330 to rent a car for 5 days. It’s nice not to have to worry about driving, or parking. Just sit back and let someone else do the work – you are on vacation!!!

The rooms are quite impressive. They were decorated quite nicely. Although we did not get upgraded as we usually do, it was still enjoyable. I wish we had a better view of the ocean, as requested, but at a resort this beautiful, we didn't spend too much time in the room. The outdoor shower is very nice - yes, a little cheesy, but we made use of it everyday. We even had a hand-written note from Carl, the GM to welcome us to the resort.

The butler service is a nice amenity. We had a combination of three butlers (morning, afternoon, and evening) while we were there. What I found strange was that the quickest way to get in contact with our butlers was to call the concierge. Half the time, the concierge just handled our request without evening involving the butlers. At other resorts, we had a cell phone given to us to contact our butler directly, and I feel that might be a better way in the future. I would not pay extra for this service, as they did not make any reservations, reserve beach/pool chairs, etc... but they were attentive when we made a request. The complimentary French Press or American coffee in the mornings was a nice touch.

The adults-only pool is a great place for couples to unwind while on a romantic vacation. We had two beach chairs and an umbrella reserved for us each day as well, thanks for Antonio. We would start the day at the beach, and end the day at the pool - perfect combo! Antonio was a gem! He and the entire staff at the adults-only beach/pool were fantastic! Their cocktails are very refreshing! It was quite hot while we were there, so the staff was very attentive, and brought lots of water, ice, cold towels, etc... You have to get the guacamole - it is AMAZING and HUGE!!!!

The gym was well-equipped for a group. It filled up each morning around 9:30-10:00am, but everyone had a machine or piece of equipment to use. It did get extremely hot in there, but that’s to be expected. The scented towels in the fridge are fantastic!!!

Dinner at Carolina was fantastic. It was quite expensive ($350 for two people), but the food was very flavorful, and presentation was impressive! The French chef loves to experiment, and it pays off! The cocktails at the Carolina bar were also very unique and extremely refreshing. Gabriella (along with her team) was a knowledgeable and attentive server.

Dinner at Seabreeze was wonderful! We dined here on our last night, and are certainly glad we did. The food was plentiful and very tasty! The passion fruit and lemongrass cocktail was absolutely amazing!!! I couldn't get enough :) I want to try and make it at home, but know it will never be as good as they make it.

Lunch at Las Marietas took forever. Yes, the food was very good, but 1.5 hours for a pool-side lunch is a bit long. We were so hot by the time our lunch came, that it made it hard to enjoy. Although the tortilla soup was soooo good!

We went into town to Si Senor one night upon recommendation from the staff. Very fun, and very good food! For four people (with lots of drinks) the bill was only $200…not bad!

We also had dinner at Sufi – everyone recommended this restaurant. We were surprised to find that it was not “in town” as we had heard. It is within the gated Punta Mita community, at the end of a golf course. The view is nice, and the food is very good! The ambiance lacked a little compared to Si Senor, Carolina, and Seabreeze, but it was still very pretty!

My trip to the Spa was very relaxing! My 90-minute deep tissue massage was incredible. She found knots in my muscles I didn't even know I had! The steam room was very relaxing after my massage. The spa lounge is nice, but it was too hot to lounge outside. I only saw one other person in the spa while I was there - it was basically empty. My only disappointment was that the spa menu says "price includes 16% VAT and 10% service charge will be added", and then they tacked on an additional 16% VAT when I checked out. It seems deceptive if you ask me.

My husband was able to play both golf course (Pacifico and Bahia) while we were there. He said they were absolutely beautiful, and challenging as well. He liked the courses so much that we drove around one afternoon to take photos so he can hang them in his office. Hole 3B on the Pacifico course is amazing! Definitely worth going back when the tide is out! The "$60 replay charge" is very deceptive. Please keep in mind that they won't tell you until after you have played the second time (and paid the full $220 greens fees), but it is only $60 if you replay within the same day. Wish we would have known that ahead of time, rather than after the fact.

I would also like to note that Mike O'Hara (Guest Relations and Spa Director) was very friendly. You could always find him walking around the resort, checking in to make sure guests were enjoying themselves. He even helped us load the car upon our checkout. Definitely hands-on management here...which is a nice touch!

Overall, we really liked this resort. Food was very good! Staff was extremely attentive! Grounds were well maintained! We would rank this in our Top 3 resorts we have traveled to. We will definitely go back (not in late August though - too hot!!!) Thank you to the St. Regis Punta Mita for helping us unwind, and enjoy our romantic trip to your resort!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Greetings from Punta Mita Jessica,

Thank you for your thoughtful review! I am so pleased to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. My apologies that we were not able to offer you an upgrade at the time of your visit, but I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your room. Roy Azar, our award winning architect, did a fabulous job with the design and we agree, the outdoor showers are a pleasure. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our Butlers and the rest of the staff as they work extremely hard to ensure our guests have an unforgettable stay.

I am also glad to hear you were able to enjoy our Remède Spa - the masseuses do indeed relieve stresses you never knew you had! In regard to comment about the 16% tax, the tax should definitely been included in the price of the treatment and there should have only been one charge for the massage on your bill. If there has been a mix-up, however, please email me directly at carl.emberson@stregis.com so that I may look into this for you. I will look into the issue you mentioned about the replay fee as we would never want our guests to feel they have been deceived.

It is an honor to be considered one of the top three resorts you've experienced and I sincerely hope that after your next visit with us, we will be your clear number one.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

From the moment we arrived, I knew this was some place special. From Edgar the bartender to Mike O'hara the spa manager, everyone there made us feel right at home. This by far is my favorite starwood property. I'll be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita,

Thank you for your stay and for your review. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our staff (especially Edgar and Mike) who work very hard to ensure our guests have an unforgettable stay. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Recently spent a week plus at St. Regis Punta Mita. The property is beautiful, staff uniformly nice and helpful, and having butler service is a nice feature which we appreciated. Pools are great, beach less so (rocky and water isn't too clear), but if you are a pool person you will like the facilities here. Our kids played golf, said the course was very nice - although it is expensive to play there. Fitness facility is small but was never crowded, although we were there low season. We did not use the spa.
One issue people should watch out for is the on-site activities company - Punta Mita Expeditions - guests are better off booking w/ an outside vendor. We were not happy w/ the one excursion we took through PME and when we (and other guests) complained we did not get very far w/ the company. After that, we went w/ outside vendors for everything and were very satisfied.
Otherwise, nice service at hotel and everyone responsive to guests' needs. We would recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the beach w/ two bedrooms, living room, etc., because we were four people and needed two bedrooms. Kitchen was poorly lit and not well equipped so not really for cooking although looked lovely. Nice space, but definitely expensive.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita,

Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our property, our signature butler service, our pools, and our golf courses. Our staff works extremely hard to ensure I guests have a truly unforgettable experience.

In regard to your comments about Punta Mita Expeditions, I would love to hear more about the excursion you took. We just recently partnered with Punta Mita Expeditions and have been very pleased with the services they offer so far, but I look forward to your insights. If you could email me at carl.emberson (at) stregis.com with more about your experience, I would greatly appreciate it.

We appreciate you recommending our resort, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 11 September 2012

This place is absolutely gorgeous. We haven't stayed at too many St. Regis or comparable resorts, mainly because it is difficult for us to justify paying $600+ night for a standard room. But, given that this was low/wet season, with the rates of about $200/night for a garden view room, it was just too good to pass up.

This was for our babymoon (my wife was 6 months pregnant), so we wanted a luxurious place where we could just relax and do nothing. The St. Regis delivered on all counts. We were a bit apprehensive about going in the wet season, but it really only rained for an hour or two a couple times we were there, in the evening. This allowed for sunny days, for lots of pool time. We were picked up in a Lincoln Navigator from the PV airport and had a very comfortable 45 min ride to the St. Regis. The entire Punta Mita complex is a lush, tropical paradise.

When we arrived, we were given welcome margaritas (my wife got a non-alcoholic drink). We were shown our room, which was large, spacious and modern. Although it was a garden view room, it had a bit of an ocean view. We were able to get plenty of pool time, with the 3 separate pools as well as areas to lie out by the private beaches. While there were certainly plenty of people there, the resort never felt crowded, as it is very spread out. We did not even leave the resort in the 4 days we were there. I've seen others on Tripadvisor complain about the food, but I actually thought the food was very tasty and fairly varied. I thought we'd be spending an arm and a leg on food at this resort, but it actually was comparable to what I've paid at other resorts of lower quality (Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, etc). We tried the beach bbq one night and while it rained out (we had to eat inside), the food and drinks were great, and we had an opportunity to meet plenty of people.

My only complaint was that the A/C in the gym was not functioning properly, causing the room to be very hot and rather musty in smell. Still, this was a minor issue that didn't change our very high opinion of this exceptional resort.

Room Tip: Book a garden view room. You may get a partial ocean view and you'll save quite a bit of money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Greeting from The St. Regis Punta Mita,

First, allow me to offer my sincerest congratulations! We thank you very much for choosing us as the location to celebrate the new addition to your family. As you mentioned, the rain during our wet season is usually confined to brief periods during the evenings, so there is definitely great value to be found during this time of year.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our culinary experiences as well. It's a shame the family-style barbecue had to be moved off the beach but as you note, either way, the food is fantastic and it's a wonderful opportunity to mingle with other guests.

Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience of the malfunctioning of the air-conditioning system in our exercise room - the issue has since been addressed but we do apologize as we know our guests enjoy exercising in comfort.

I will be sure to pass your kind review on to the rest of our team, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed at the St Regis for 5 nights and we had such a wonderful stay. From the awesome Butler staff to the picture perfect beaches, this place is hard to beat. The spa was incredible and reasonably priced. The golf, however expensive was picturesque and the Bahia course was one of the top 3 I've ever played. Great activities and perfect pools rounded out a really relaxing stay.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
cemberson, General Manager at The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Greetings from The St. Regis Punta Mita,

Thank you for your visit and for your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and that you were able to experience our Remède Spa and our Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses. As you mentioned, they are absolutely stunning and a real treat to play. Hopefully the tide was right and you had the chance to play 3B, "The Whale's Tail" - the world's only natural island green.

I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our Butler staff as well as the rest of the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!