My husband and I just returned from our 4 day/4 night trip to St. Regis Punta Mita, where we were spoiled from moment one! It was the best vacation we've had in our 10 years together.
We arrived from airport, picked up promptly by St. Regis car service and delivered to the hotel, greeted with Margaritas and checked in, while sitting casually in comfortable chairs, taking in the first of many astounding views of the ocean. An incredible welcome. We were taken to our room, and introduced to or personal butler, who handled our every need. The ROOM...wow! The decor was lovely and comfortable and everything so well thought out. Our favorites were was our vast living area, especially the terrace, overlooking the beach- the same view could be seen from our bed! We were in a suite, so I don't know if all of the rooms have this, but our outdoor shower was another favorite! There's nothing like showering under palm trees and sky in the balmy Mexican evenings! Our days were long and sunny and relaxing- the pools were divine- all 3 of them! Our toughest decision was which pool, or beach chair to relax in. The ocean was very swimmable and we took advantage of the activities provided by Punta Mita Expeditions, right there on the beach. We had planned to go off-site for some exploring, but everything we needed was right there at he St. Regis! I had a paddle board and surf lesson and we also did a trip to the Marietta Islands that I highly recommend- it's so great to get out on the water by boat, touring, snorkeling, and swimming. We didn't make it to the "hidden beach" on the island because of the tide, but google that to see what you're in for- beautiful.
he restaurants were amazing, staff friendly, attentive - beyond! Never have we had such service. Whether poolside, at the bar, or at one of the three restaurants, we felt we were being treated like royalty. For a special dinner, I recommend Carolina's- our dinner was the best we'd ever had and the presentation like a piece of art! (We had chosen our fish on the beach that morning! The chef invited guests to the beach during the day and displayed the fresh caught fish, hauled in by local fisherman.) My husband ate fish tacos everyday for lunch- he never tired of them! Fresh fish and guacamole and margaritas- it worked for us! :)
We had one meal 'off-site" in the town of Punta de Mita - inly a 5 minute taxi from hotel. The restaurant was called Si Senor and, as hard as it was, it was well worth peeling ourselves away- ever so briefly- from the comfy confines of the St. Regis! We sat at a waterside table, waves lapping on the dock beside us, while serenaded by guitar and Mexican song. A table near us, broke into song with the singer and it was a truly lovely experience. I just wish I could have finished my dinner! I had the biggest, freshest piece of fresh tuna- delicious.
I could go on and on about our vacation- truly can not recommend it enough! We will definitely go back.. considering bringing our kids next time- they are very well set up for families as well, but have adult only areas, so it works for everyone. Oh, I forgot to mention the SPA! We had a wonderful couple massage at Remede Spa at hotel... and it too, was incredible! To us, the
St. Regis could do no wrong- Best trip ever! We will be BACK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst one of the world's most alluring beaches at the Riviera Nayarit, in a a 1500-acre resort and residential community, The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort is an exquisite luxury resort in Punta de Mita, Mexico. Our property features 120 accommodations, thoughtful amenities, and spectacular grounds. We offer an experience that transcends ordinary travel, immersing guests in unsurpassed luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Alpha Holidays Limited, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Punta Mita Hotel Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta De Mita
- St Regis Punta Mita Hotel