All reviews confederation bridge the owner other guests french toast sitting room large bathroom charming hotel breakfast was excellent a great place to stay every morning top floor stayed longer bed and breakfast first night landmark cafe get away beautiful town
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We spent two nights at the Orient in Victoria by the Sea, PEI. Our room had 2 twin beds, very comfy. Nice big windows for sea air, ceiling fan, nice décor in blues. Our breakfasts each morning were tasty. Enjoyed a nice quiet stay here and would recommend to others. Lots of history at this hotel too!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mustangsally010
Richard L, Owner at The Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you! We love the quiet nights that our little village provides. Of course, with autumn here, it's about to get a whole lot quieter. I hope you can make it here again.
Cheers!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We booked into the Orient Hotel because it was centrally located on the island but also because it looked very charming and was in the pretty little village of Victoria by the Sea. My husband and I have stayed at many B and B's across Canada so we knew what to look for, private baths, good break fasts and good reviews. This little gem of a place ranks right up there with some of the best, especially for the price. We booked a king sized suite with a sitting room, it was very comfortable. The bathroom was large with a good shower, the fixtures are older but everything was very clean and worked well, good water pressure in the shower. The main area of the Inn offers a nice livingroom, large dining area for breakfast, an enclosed porch, out door porch and in the back yard a patio table and chairs. We used them all. The break fasts were amazing, we stayed for 4 days and each one was more impressive than the last, our friends actually asked for the recipe of the apple french toast bake and Richard very nicely printed it off for them, he did hint he had adjusted the recipe slightly. Our host Richard was wonderful, he never tired of our endless questions about the island and village. The Inn is situated on a lovely picturesque street, with 3 nice restaurants and a take out crab shack. The landmark cafe is only a few doors away and was one of the best places to eat, and farther down the street on the wharf are 2 lovely sea food places, well worth visiting. This is a really nice place to stay and visit the island but also because the village is so quaint and charming, highly recommend staying here. The village really does roll up the sidewalks at night, it was so quiet, perfect for getting a good nights sleep.

Room tip: we choose the larger rooms as they have bigger baths and some had sitting rooms, well worth the extra costs.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Wow! I'm blushing. It really is a wonderful village with great places to eat ,gorgeous scenery and wonderful people. We were so lucky to find this place. And no, I don't tire of the questions, I just wish I was a little more equipped to answer them. Being a seasonal operation, by the time I have the opportunity to explore, everything is closed. I live vicariously through our guests, and I think you may have been better versed on Island attractions than I. Hope you didn't tire of my questions.
Time for me to go roll up the sidewalks.....

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We were lucky to get the last of 7 rooms in this B&B. For $125 the room was okay but it also had an extremely comfortable bed with excellent pillows. The ensuite bathroom was small with a shower, toilet and the smallest sink I've ever seen. That said it was clean and quiet - just what we needed.
The real surprise came at breakfast. It was one of the best we've ever had at a B&B. Great coffee, fresh baked blueberry muffins and a large piece of incredible baked apple French toast with sausages and fruit. It was soooo good!!!
Would I stay there again - you bet - if only for another of their breakfasts.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard L, Owner at The Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Thanks for taking the time to review. Glad you had a good sleep. Our September evenings are so quiet an peaceful. The baked apple is one of my favorites too. I always hope there are leftovers. Hope we see you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Close to Confederation bridge, this Inn/hotel/B&B combines traditional accommodation in a fun , well kept place. We found prices reasonable and welcome warm. Good suggestions on local eating options. We lucked into a 2 br suite that was the last room. A fun town to just walk around. Met couple from US east coast who have been coming back annually for 12+ years. Breakfast could be a touch updated. I suggest you reserve in high season.Well worth a stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Richard L, Owner at The Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Thanks for reviewing. So happy that you had a good time in our village and that you met our east coast regulars. Hope you had a chance to go kite flying with them. Breakfast is always a challenge in that some guests are reticent to try something too daring. Always scanning the internet for new ideas, but if you visit us again, give me a bit of notice and I'll bring my A game. Take Care.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this B&B. Seashell Room was clean and bright as it faced west and street level. Queen bed was comfy and had a great nights sleep. No issues with sounds from other guest rooms,

Dining area bright and cheery. Breakfast was very good, Patricia did an excellent job letting guests know the buffet routine and serving of the hot items, A charming individual and enjoyed my conversations with her, a definite asset to the Orient Hotel

Downside the room ensuite in room 3 (seashell) was really tiny....and the shower was even smaller. Yikes, lucky to turn around without hitting the sides or the shower door,

Room located on top floor. Guests with mobility issues, this is not the place for you...there are a lot of stairs

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Sandra. Thanks so much for your review. Yes, the Seashell Room does have a tiny bathroom that really was a feat of engineering to create. We advertise that room as "cozy" which is code for small and we try not to rent it out for extended stays of more than a couple of nights if possible. It's quite comfy for a day or two before one starts feeling claustrophobic. Our village gets quite busy in the summer and it's often hard to come by accommodations so it's nice we have this room. We like to think we make up for it's lack of space with our village charm and, of course, breakfast. And yes, Patricia is a keeper. We are lucky to have her. Thanks once more. Hope to see you again!