White Sands Motorcourt
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Rustico
See available hotels
  • Pool
Silverwood Motel(Cavendish)
Bay Vista Motel(Cavendish)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cottagescavendish beachnext yearnice spotnational parknight staysandalskrispeiofficeplaysceniccampersattractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the White Sands Cottages, The people were so special they treated us like royalty. The owner is one in a million couldn't do enough for us. Cabins were a little home away from home, very clean equipped with everything a family would need. My son and grandson also enjoyed their stay very much and are looking forward to going back again. I enjoyed the drive down the Red Dirt Road. Thank you for all you did for us and I will return.

Room Tip: all great cottages
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2014

Me and my wife were at the white sands cottages last weekend .and we find them cottages very clean,and the camp ground was very nice and clean,and the staff were awesome ,we had a wonderfull stay, Ty very much. Leo and Gemma.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2014

The location is spectacular with peaceful calm surroundings and as you enter that lovely old red dirt road, it appears to take one back in time. The cabins are provided with everything you need to enjoy your stay, it's like entering your own little enchanted place away from home. The owner and staff are like none you will ever meet again. They give 110% and treat people like royalty or better yet they treat you like family. My children and now their children look forward each year to our stay at the White Sands Cottages. I have recommended this wonderful spot to many over the past many years and everyone who vacationed there are amazed and impressed!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We’ve been coming to the White Sands Campground in North Rustico, Prince Edward Island for about five years now, right around the time the new owners took over. And all I can say is this is definitely my happy place.
We started out staying a week but have now moved up to two weeks because once I get to this little slice of heaven on earth I don’t want to leave. The campground is beautiful, huge, and the sights are amazing with fire rings, picnic tables, and full hook-ups are available if you need one. The bath house is huge with what seems like an endless supply of hot Island water (my skin and hair never looks better than when I’m on the Island, there is just something about the water in their coastal areas).
The pool is large and beautiful with lots of seating and a big deck area. I love just heading over to play some tunes and relax in the beautiful warm water at the end of fun filled day. The location of this place is also a plus. Every night we took a walk on the lupine lined red dirt road that leads to a somewhat private beach to swim, play, relax and just let the kids and the dog frolic. Then we would walk back and spend time by the fire.
It pains me to see negative reviews from people who attended this campground and others during the Cavendish Beach concert series. This period of time is not a good representation of this campground, or the Island for that matter. The island is congested with traffic on concert week, and people aren’t always on their best behavior…it’s a fact of life during this time, it’s not the norm. Thousands upon thousands of tourists jam this place for the concert series, which begins the weekend after Canada Day. Some concert goers are wonderful, but many just go to party and don’t care how they keep their campsite, how much noise they make, how they behave, or how they use someone else’s property. The people who own this campground provide a shuttle service and pay tons to beef up security to ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. It’s not their fault if people choose to drink all night and leave the bottle to be picked up in the morning or cause trouble. Trust me, the campsites are immediately cleaned and any trouble makers are dealt with by security and evicted if necessary. I wouldn’t take my family to a place that wasn’t safe, clean, and obliging.
The owners and staff are some of the nicest, most accommodating people I have ever met. From day one, they have greeted us with friendly professionalism and made us feel right at home. The security looks out for everything from your children to your critters to help insure that everyone has a wonderful time.
That said, I can’t stress enough how utopic and beautiful White Sands Campground is. I have friends that have stayed in their motel and cottages as well, and they have all been completely satisfied with the service, cleanliness, and amenities. I would recommend this place to anyone. Please don’t let the reviews of a few disgruntled, hung-over, concert goers taint this amazing place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FreezerQueen
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Although the staff was very nice the cottage itself was pretty run down looking. As soon as we stepped into it we had to air it out because it smelled so musty. The beds we the worst I've ever slept in and the pool was freezing cold (even though they say it's heated). The bonfire wood they sold us was also damp from being in the rain the night before. Overall...not a great stay and we won't be going back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family