“Visitor from Bermuda”

Aloft Vaughan Mills
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I recently traveled to Toronto, Canada with my elderly mother and stayed at the Aloft Hotel in Vaughan. I was very happy with my room. It was very clean and the beds were super comfortable. It was also a great location, a walk across the street to Vaughan Mills shopping Centre. Most importantly the service was excellent. Raymond at the front desk was always very friendly and extremely helpful with whatever request I had. David in the Housekeeping department was also extremely helpful and friendly. He would always ask if we needed anything, assisted us with our bags the day we left and he showed great interest and care for the other guests of the hotel.They are excellent examples of great customer service, something today that is hard to find. I would most definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Higher floors and room at the end of the hallway was very quiet.
1  Thank Nelia P

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We travelled for shopping and the location to the Vaughn Mills mall can't be beat. You can walk from your room right to the mall. We weren't a fan of the layout of the room at all, but that's just personal taste. The hotel was fairly clean and okay for the night. The pool is exceptionally small. I would return if it were for shopping or to go to Wonderland, but other than that, I'd find another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
GM_Matthew_Rattray, General Manager at Aloft Vaughan Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear Lunabella76,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We definitely have a great location, especially for access to the Hwy400, Vaughan Mills Mall, LEGOLAND, and Wonderland.
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the layout of the room. While many love the uncluttered, functional layout with two large windows, I completely understand that it isn't for everyone. Our room size is approximately the same size as all rooms in our competitor hotels but tend to be wider than deeper.
We would love a larger pool as it is extremely popular for kids but for now, there are no plans to change the size of the pool. It's great for a refreshing dip rather than laps which I know many people do prefer.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future, even if it is on a shopping trip or coming to visit Wonderland.

Kind Regards

Matthew Rattray

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Stayed there with the family for a night while we spent a weekend at Wonderland. Nice modern Hotel right across from Vaughan Mills Mall. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but there are many in the immediate vicinity so not a huge issue.

Checkin was quick and easy. Room was nice, stayed in the double queen room. Beds were quite comfortable. Bathroom had a shower and not a tub which for us isnt an issue but something to look at if you want a tub, maybe other rooms have it?

Service at the hotel was very friendly, especially David. David was super friendly and went out of his way to help.

Pool was nice as well. Warm which my kids loved.

All in all a good trip. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Issue #1, my reservation was not found as I made it; corrected after some juggling of king beds available.
Issue #2, I was quickly informed by the host that breakfast would be provided at $16.00 per person. Really?
Issue #3, the modern furniture was attractive, but far from comfortable.
Issue #4, the layout of the room was, well, different, but not ergonomically friendly. Just me, but I prefer a door on the bathroom. The designer evidently never used the room. The wall TV could not be viewed with the room light on, since the fluorescent lighting reflected exactly at the midway point of the screen.

But it was clean.

Dear DavidJ

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry there were challenges with the beds we had available on arrival. We do our best to accommodate everyone's requests and but I am glad they were able to accommodate you.
I am surprised that you were told that you were informed that breakfast would be $16.00 as it has always been $12.00 and there is a sign displaying the price in the breakfast area and we don't have a 'Host' position on property. Were additional items purchased from Refuel at the time?
I will definitely share your comments with Marriott with regards to the layout of the room. I know they are making significant changes to the look of our rooms and style, however, this is still something we'll have to wait for in the future. There is a sliding door to the bathroom and I am sorry if you had missed it.

Kind Regards

Matthew Rattray

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I was with this property during my visit to Canada for meetings. for three days. The property was good, But the reservation said something which did not take place. I am supposed to stay at Elements hotel a 15 minutes drive from here. This hotel was full they put me in this hotel it seems it belongs to the same management. and promised to provide transport for me for my meetings. and promised for free breakfast. even this did not take place. after reaching home came to know that my bank statements reflect that extra night has been charged.This was pointed out during my stay itself which promised that will be sorted out. but a big NO. to get them on an email that too bounced back. at last, I got the customer care by phone.where asking me to get in touch with the hotel directly.If that is the case what is the customer care for.

Stayed: October 2017