“Super Slow”

Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #33 of 50 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I agree with what others have said. This MacDonald's is super slow. My husband and I only wanted coffee and muffin. It was a snowy day and there were barely any customers and yet it took a very, very long time to get our coffee. There were no apologies. They didn't have the danish deal that has been advertised and then what should have taken about 1 minute, took forever!

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We have always enjoyed McDonald's breakfasts as a treat every few weeks so when we retired and moved to Port Elgin were happy to continue our tradition. We gave this location many, many chances to redeem themselves for the poor service but...never again! We decided to boycott as the service is beyond description. Drive through ALWAYS got the bulk of the service while we patiently waited inside (NOT contributing to pollution). When they did decide to finally acknowledge us and take our orders, we inevitably waited WAY too long to get our food. We don't expect the service to be immediate (there is no such thing as "fast food" anymore) but the delays were beyond acceptable. The staff just doesn't seem to care.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The food was good once we got it, it seemed to take a very long time to get the food and drinks, wasn't overly busy, maybe unorganized?

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I went to McDonald's twice in July when I was at a cottage and both times the smoothie machine was not up and running. Once it was shut down for the night and once it was being cleaned. I sent my comments to McDonald's and I received an email to apologize and that they will contact the location. I was back in Port Elgin this week so I thought I would get a smoothie. It was 8:30 pm and guess what, the smoothie machine was being cleaned and would be a 10 minute wait. It is great to offer $2.00 smoothies that are never available. I feel that they should substitute a milkshake if they are unable to have smoothies available. It seems to be quite the coincidence that the 3 times I was there, 3 times I was unable to get a smoothie. If smoothies are unavailable after a certain time at night, why not clean the machine then??

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

Every time I have been there at night icecream Machine is always off food is so slow I mean one night I waited 25mins and then just said screw it and drove off like for one sandwich it's just appalling first time I have ever wrote a review such a shame the McDonald's company would allow this really what a shame !!!! Will never go there again