“not very good”

Add it.
Lido Gardens
Ranked #30 of 51 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Sorry to say this is not very good. They don't have milk for coffee, no drink menus, not very accomadating. If you have a problem with your order they take offence. It taste awful and with limited hours you feel like you are rushed to eat and get out. They had warm beer and wine. Didn't want to try any there.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 15 November 2015

I've tried this spot 3 or 4 times giving them the benefit of the doubt that the next time would be better. They advertise they do special Thai dishes but all they ever have are spring rolls. The second time I went in I had ordered a combo plate for take out, got there a little early and the Lady owner was using food out of the buffet to fill my styrofoam container and I caught her in the act. At the time there were maybe a half dozen customers in the restaurant so I can imagine how fresh that was. The last straw was when I called in an order and Mister Owner picked up the phone and told me they were too busy to make anything for take out, drove past the joint and there were maybe 3 tables of two...These owners need to retire. Plus the food really isn't great and it's small portions, but it's the only Chinese spot in town. Stay away and go to Channings in Owen Sound.

Date of visit: January 2015
1  Thank Timbit72
Reviewed 6 October 2015

By far my favourite Chinese food restaurant. We know the owners very well and they are great people and the food is great.

1  Thank Meratings
Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Completely shocked and appalled by the take out order 12 September - on our elopement wedding night to boot. Everything was burnt and dried to a crisp. Every indication that it had it had been under a heat lamp for hours - probably pulled off a buffet and tossed in the bag without the slightest concern for quality. Shameful. Absolutely shameful.

3  Thank Homeajh
Reviewed 5 September 2015

I'm 27 years old and I've lived in town my entire life. The Lido Gardens has been here since before I can remember, and has stood the test of time while other restaurants in the area change owners and close down every year. Tom is a spectacular chef, and his attitude towards cooking is exemplary. Most people who work in kitchens quit after their first year, but he has been doing it longer then I've been alive.From their service to their clean and comfortable atmosphere the care the owners have for their business is well met. Most people order takeout from here, so don't be put off by the sometimes empty restaurant. The menu is great, and has stood the test of time yet adds seasonal changes and now has a special order thai alternative. The only reason I don't give it full stars is because their deep fried menu items (chicken balls / lemon chicken) and their red sauce are ordered in, and are reheated. This is typical, but I still wish it was practical in a town like this to make these things in-house. The wings have a homemade batter on them that is awesome though, plus everything else is made to order and is phenomenal.

1  Thank Philosopheliac