Birchville Motel
All reviewsthe ownerone nightno frillslong drivea great place to stayper nightnorthern ontariodianekitchenettehighwaybedsmotelbikestvtoiletriesstoptub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in Big Name places that weren't as lovely as this motel. Anyone coming through Nipigon would be a fool to not try to stay here first.

I came in early, intending to drive on my trip longer but, having slept the night before poorly and beset by pouring rain, was having a hard time staying awake at the wheel.

They cleaned the room first so I could check in early, and were super kind.

The cost was a bit higher than I had hoped for, but that was because I was travelling with pets. The cost to keep them with me was entirely reasonable!

The room was spotless and was one of the units having been upgraded. I also had a sizeable bathroom, but the owner said it was the largest unit.

There are signs of age but those signs are minimal due to the love and care that goes into maintaining the place.

I never want to drive as long as I've been driving ever again, but if I have to, this is a fab place and I'll be back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I stopped for one night as a halfway point between Sault Ste Marie and Dryden and found it suited me very well. I was very pleasantly greeted and given a quiet and comfortable room. A good restaurant was not far away and I had a very good evening there.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2017

This small motel was super clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the location for us was great. It's located right along the highway and easy to find, so was just what we needed to break up our long drive.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank maro772016
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Rooms were spacious and clean and quite quiet given the distance from the Hwy. The beds were really comfortable and the Owner was a pleasure to deal with. This is a great place to stay at a decent price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank CanBritBev
Reviewed 6 June 2017

The outside has been renovated, the rooms are somewhat dated but impeccably clean. Amenities include A/C, TV, wifi and a kitchenette. Bed was a tad hard to my liking, but that's a matter of preference. Diane at the front desk was very pleasant during the reservation process and upon checking in. She must be used to bikers as it was raining when we got there and she quickly offered extra towels to dry off our bikes in the morning. Reasonable price.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends