“The BEST of the wineries we visited!”

Black Bear Farms of Ontario Estate Winery
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Kingsville
Reviewed 3 August 2018

We came to Leamington area to visit old friends and to visit the wineries. We went to 4 on a Friday and this one was definitely a favourite! Being fruit wines, they are sweet, more like a wine infused fruit juice than say a sweet dessert wine. I like a dry wine and my husband is all about the sweet and we both loved it! The owner was very generous with the samples and we bought 6 bottles and received one free. With I think they said over 40 different flavours, it's hard to pick just 7 bottles. They are all so yummy and we wanted to try them all! This winery is small and basically just a small store. Outhouse bathroom and no food or view. Stop in for the tasting!! You won't be disappointed you did!

1  Thank Photo_Life_Memories
in 8 reviews
"tasting"
"wineries"

Reviewed 29 July 2018

This was our first stop on our wine tours, and I have to say was our favorite! The owner was more than accommodating to our large group of ladies, and was very down to ear and friendly. He listened as we spoke amongst ourselves and with that recommended things we should try based on our likes and dislikes. We will definitely be back again---the wines are sooooo good!

1  Thank Pamela B
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Little shop, friendly owner. You get to sample any of their wines they make (and there are lots...probably most fruits grown in Ontario are represented in a wine here)
Think dessert wine (sweet) but very nice.
Loved all the bear decor also.

1  Thank Wanda M
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

More than 30 fruit based wines! Delicious dessert wines. Lovely location & very kind proprietor. Well worth the time to visit.

2  Thank Suzrich6455
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

This is my most favourite winery to visit ..the owner is so down to earth...the variety of single fruit and mixed fruit wines...I have not found one yet that I didnt like! My most favourite though is the Apple Wine! Purple Raspberry...the new batch in the larger bottle...absolutely wonderful! I can never go without filling a box to bring home...there is a wine for everyone and here you will find it...definitely add this gem of a winery to your list of places to visit for sure...even if you dont think you are a fruit wine lover...I am sure you will not be dissappointed and will find a wonderful bottle or two to bring home to enjoy!

4  Thank Suzie M