“Great Getaway!”

Elm Hurst Inn & Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ingersoll
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed at the Elm Hurst Inn for a weekend getaway. It was absolutely beautiful and all the employees were very helpful and friendly. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant to speak with and knowledgeable on the hotel, prices, and any information that I was looking for. Even all the meals were perfection. The rooms were nicely renovated and had a very modern appearance. I went to the spa to get my nails done for a few hours and it was incredibly relaxing; the staff were friendly and did a great job. I would definitely come back to the Elm Hurst and recommend it to anyone looking for relaxation and comfort!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bp07uh
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear bp07uh,
Thank you for letting others know how much you enjoyed your Weekend Getaway at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. I'm glad that our staff took such good care of you and that you were able to take some time for yourself in our spa. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 8 January 2012

My boyfriend and I had a romantic getaway and enjoyed the Elm Hurst very much. We arrived and the staff were very friendly and helpful while checking us in. The room was clean and fresh. We had a couples in-room massage and the attendants were very helpful even bringing music to listen to while we were being pampered.
We went for a lovely meal and our waiter was incredibly friendly and outgoing. He was attentive and really made the occasion very special. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and his suggestions were spot on. The food was the best part!
The jacuzzi was big and clean. Overall, an excellent visit and we will remember it for a long time to come.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Janine C
ElmHurstInnkeeper, Public Relations Manager at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2012

Dear Janine C,
Thank you for your comments. It sounds like you and your boyfriend had a wonderful winter getaway at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 6 January 2012

The room was nice, dinner lovely and our waiter top notch. But, the menu on the website indicated a fresh, made-to order breakfast. Instead, we were given a Super 8-style breakfast bar, and not a good one. It was disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2011
4  Thank Laverne90

Dear Laverne90,
I'm sorry that our complimentary Country Breakfast did not live up to your expectations, but I am pleased that you enjoyed dinner and your Inn Room. Customer feedback is very important to us at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa, and we thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

All in all, Elmhurst Inn & Spa is okay, but we wouldn't hurry back. It all started off on a bad note when my wife booked us the Jacuzzi Suite last week. She has had a bad back and was quite looking forward to having a nice hot jacuzzi bath as soon as we checked in. Well, the first thing reception says to us when we get there, is that they made a mistake and that the suite had already been booked, so they gave us the "Lady Cumberland" room which had a fireplace instead, and at a reduced rate. Reception 'claimed' that they sent us an e-mail stating such, only 10 minutes after she booked the room, but we never got one. My wife even checked our e-mail on her Blackberry once we got settled in our room, but there was nothing. Either way, we had already driven all the way there and were looking forward to a rare night away from the kids, so we weren't going back now. The fireplace room was okay, but it seemed that the fireplace was just kind of 'there'. There was no ambience to it. It was about five feet from the bed with no rug or chairs beside it...like it was an afterthought. The whole room was nice, but there was nothing special about any of it. When we checked out, my wife suggested to them that if they ever double book a room with anyone else, maybe call them...don't just 'allegedly' send an e-mail. I have a feeling that someone wanted the room after we booked it and offered them a little bit more for it. I have no evidence to say that...it's just a hunch. No reason to go back. I will say that the bed was really comfy though.

Room Tip: The place is okay, but in the middle of nowhere. Good if you want that, I suppose. The town of Inger...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LailasDaddy

Dear LailasDaddy,
Thank you for your comments. I sincerely apologize for the mix-up with your room reservation and can understand that a Fireplace Inn Room might disappoint when your wife had hoped to enjoy a Jacuzzi. Our general manager is looking in to what happened.
It's a shame you did not dine in Elm Hurst's mansion restaurant. It is certainly one of the most unique dining experiences in SW Ontario! I hope you will stop by for a meal the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Had an very enjoyable evening at the Elm Hurst Inn near Ingersoll. Wonderful building, service, room and dinner experience. The room was newly renovated, quiet and well appointed. The dinner was excellent in quality, portions, presentation and price. A nice menu selection.
The hot breakfast was a bonus.

Room Tip: I understand all the rooms have not been renovated. I would suggest asking for a renovated room as i...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Collwd-Bala

Dear disappointed155019,
It's wonderful to hear that your stay at Elm Hurst Inn & Spa did not disappoint, and I'm pleased to let you know that renovations to our Inn Rooms are now complete!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ingersoll
32.4 km away
32.6 km away
Hotel Metro
Hotel Metro
#3 of 41 in London

Been to Elm Hurst Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!