See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2017

I came here with my family for a long weekend. This was by far the worst cottage experience we've had, and we go somewhere new every year. These aren't "cottages" - they're crammed units built side by side. The owners built a ton of these on the property to squeeze money out of people. Unless you're planning on bringing 100 people and renting all the units out, be ready to spend your time next to very loud neighbours. The rooms smelled like mould and my asthma kicked in, so we had to leave a day early because of how malodorous it was. We couldn't use our barbecue because it was filthy. There's no beach - there's an area maybe 6 meters wide where you can enter the water full of algae and weeds. Also, if you like fishing, don't even think about it. This was the most disappointing part of the trip for us - we didn't catch any fish because the waters are so busy with hundreds of others boats in the area (literally - hundreds of boats speeding past you and creating a rough tide). We rented an awful boat from the owner that was overpriced. Finally, the very rude owner asked us for money at the end of the trip because he claimed we caused a dent in it - the only reason we paid him because we wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. He did not do a proper inspection or make us sign an inspection form. His wife was nicer, but it didn't compensate for how rude and unwelcoming he was (I agree with other reviews who also noted this). We paid close to 1000 for a weekend, and left with a headache, asthma, and no positive memories. We do not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Tammy T
hallscottages, Owner at Hall's Housekeeping Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

This family came here for the September long weekend, one of the busiest weekends of the summer.

It states on Trip Advisor that they paid close to $1000 for a weekend which is completely false. Because they were a first time visitor, I lowered the price from a cottage for 3 nights to a cottage for 3 days and a boat rental for 2 days. They also came in early on Friday, a few hours before check in time. I gave them a very good discount for the cottage, boat rental and early check in time.

The noise factor on Friday was a little higher than normal due to the excitement of a family reunion. When I was made aware of the noise it was stopped immediately. We try very hard to keep our guests noise levels acceptable in the evenings.

Because our cottages are pet friendly we take extra care to ensure that our cottages are thoroughly clean and fresh prior to guest arrival.

The BBQ, is brand new and we did clean the burners before the family’s arrival as we always do.

It’s clear when you arrive what the layout of the property is. If it is not what someone is expecting, they have the option not to stay with us and find alternate accommodations.
Guests have the convenience of parking alongside their cottage. We have 15 rental units on a 5 acre+ property. I don't believe we can even hold 100 people on this property as they indicated. So saying we have crammed units built “side by side” is a bit of a stretch.

Some of our beach has been lost because of the higher water levels this year, However, it is clean and sandy not full of algae and weeds as mentioned by the writer. This year we installed a Jungle Joe and Jungle Jim in the water for the kids to play on which has been a huge success and very popular with the kids.

Georgian Bay has some of the best fishing around anywhere and people are rarely if ever disappointed by this aspect. Even off our docks guests catch fish. I went over the area on a map marking the best spots for fishing, hoping to add some excitement to this family’s vacation, but unfortunately I cannot command the fish to allow themselves to be caught!

To say we gave this family an awful boat is absolutely not true. All of our boats are Lund boats with 9.9 HP or 15 HP 4 stroke motors. The reason I believe this review was mostly negative was due to the fact that they were required to pay for the damage they caused to a brand new propeller on the boat they rented. We went over the boat thoroughly before it was rented and I pointed out the brand new propeller. A rental agreement was signed that made a point stating that charges will be incurred for a damaged propeller. It is unfortunate that this family did damage the propeller but again, this was beyond my control. Even though they denied damaging the propeller, I still attempted to work this out with them.

The issue with the fire alarm battery in the cottage was dealt with the minute we were notified.

I spent more time going over the boat and negotiating the invoice with this family than with any other customers. I even drew a map of well known fishing spots for them.

Tammy called me rude and unwelcoming but in fact I never met her, talked to her, and only saw her once in the cottage when the fire alarm battery was being changed. Tammy's review has been the only one with complaints about anything from that weekend. It is a real shame that Tammy or her family did not talk to us about their concerns while they were here. We always try to make the stay at our cottages as pleasant as possible and try to accommodate as best we can.

Most of the bookings we have are repeat business, which speaks for itself.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

My wife and I have kept our boat at Hall's Cottages for the past four or five seasons. The location is perfect as it's close to all the necessities, LCBO, grocery store, town bakery... Also, central for most boating day trips which has worked perfectly for us. The docks were all replaced recently which has been fantastic.The owners, Rick and Diane are great people who are very accommodating and always great to talk to.

We've stayed in the cottages they have many times as well. They are always clean and comfortable and stocked with all the kitchen items you could ask for. Comfortable beds, propane fireplace for the colder nights, AC for the hot days and satellite tv as well as Wifi which is a bonus in my opinion. After all, you are cottaging in northern Ontario and enjoying the outdoors.

Property is kid friendly and has a beach area for swimming. Nice sandy bottom and definitely a perfect place for swimming. They've added an inflatable Jungle Jim for the kids this year, which is fantastic. Canoes and paddleboats are also available to use. Boat rentals are also offered which is great.

There is a fire pit overlooking the harbour which has a beautiful view of the sunset as well as the main harbour. Also, the stars at night are amazing here. You're far enough north to see the northern lights as well as many constellations.

The opposite side of the harbour has the Day Tripper which is a boat that runs to and from Beausoleil Island. If you're not comfortable operating a boat, this is an excellent option to get to the Island for day hikes and return to Hall's Cottages for the evening.

I'd recommend Hall's Cottages to anyone looking for a great getaway from the city. Fresh air, beautiful scenery and a very relaxed time. The cottages are perfect for anyone and there's no doubt Rick and Diane will make sure your stay is amazing.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We rented cottage 10, and had three other families in the resort staying. Cottages are modern and clean inside, grounds are well kept built on a bed of flat granite overlooking the Harbour.

Beautiful sunsets and tons of wildlife. In our first day we saw, chipmunks, turtles, muskrat, frogs, heron & osprey. Kids had a blast playing on the huge inflatable Jungle Jim, water was clean and waist deep, lots of lounge chairs to sit and watch the kids play. Lots of large shade trees and a playground across the road at the entrance.

On a clear night you can see the Northern lights. Within a five minute walk to the grocery store, LCBO, coffee shop, and The Hive and the Daytripper water taxi to Beausolie Island.

Shared fire pit right on the rock face by the water, watch the sunset, roast a marshmallow and listen to the loons.

Owners could not have been nicer or more accommodating, we had a power outage after a storm and they came around to all our cottages to make sure all our amenities were still in working order. Cable boxes, air conditioners etc.

We had rented a boat slip and they helped us launch our boat and provided another slip for friends of ours who came to stay on their boat. Pets, boaters and kids welcome!

If you're looking for a fantastic cottage experience this is your destination!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The wife half of this ownership duo was extremely pleasant in all respects.
The husband on the other hand, should consider anger management.
If you should require assistance regarding your accommodations and are confronted by him at the office, you had better be wearing a helmet.
Worst experience in all my years of vacationing with my family.
Avoid this place!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave M
hallscottages, Owner at Hall's Housekeeping Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

With all our patrons, we try to make everyone’s stay pleasant. After their stay I talked to Dave on the phone and I asked him what amount he would be happy with as a refund. He mentioned an amount we both agreed on and said he was happy with that, which I processed the same day as our telephone conversation. Also he mentioned that he would try to remove the bad review after receiving the refund as agreed. It’s unfortunate that we couldn’t work out a solution that satisfied all parties involved.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

I hadn't realized how busy Honey Harbour was until our visit Thanksgiving weekend. It is a very busy departure point for cottagers that have water access only.
The owners were very nice and helped out immediately when our TV wasn't working properly.
The cottages are quite small and made for a challenging prep for Thanksgiving turkey. We had a two bedroom.
The scenery is outstanding nonetheless but it wasn't quite "away from it all."
There is a decent park next to the site. Kids went fishing off the docks but didn't catch very much.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family