All reviews panorama restaurant top floor breakfast buffet spa services mini suite hotel staff bit dated relaxing getaway wedding ceremony bar food view of lake ontario wine tour wine country niagara region king bed casablanca function
Reviewed 12 October 2018

I had a late check in. At the desk, the red-head with the defibrillator was very friendly and fun to talk to. I could not talk her into bringing the defibrillator to my room after hours, tho. The bar food was good, and the bartender was great craic. The waitress at breakfast the next morning had an awesome personality and a dry sense of humour that I loved!

The room was very clean and I look forward to going back again!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
CWI4, General Manager at Casablanca Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

The hall and rooms smelled slightly dingy. The room was freezing and the heat didn't work. When we inquired they stated that the heat doesn't work yet and if you turn it on, cool air comes out. They stated that after our stay and i complained and they stated there isn't anything they could do.

I suggested the let people know that they have no working heat on cold fall nights instead of allowing their guests to simply freeze.

For almost 200/night. Worth driving to another location.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
CWI4, General Manager at Casablanca Winery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Hi Tina,

I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience here. I would like to explain common protocol with heating in most building management systems. The heat is always programmed, however most sytems run on "warm weather shut down model" from about April to October. This means that if the weather drops below a certain level (approx. 16 degrees), then the heaters will come on if a guest requests it in their room. If it is warmer than that outside, then only cooling is programmed to function.

I apologize that our staff did not offer or provide you with additional blankets to ensure your comfort level during your stay. We do look forward to welcoming you back again some time. Please contact me directly at april@casablancawineryinn.com to discuss a future stay here at the hotel.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Our washroom was dirty and the cheap shower had hair in it. The whole hotel was dirty and dated.The entry way , the elevators and even the hallways were dirty and worn. Found the pricing was high for the condition of the hotel. If the pricing was $100 a night then you can over look some of these thing but not at $175 plus taxes

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank croweglenn

Dear Glenn,

Thank you for your comments. As we discussed privately, we are very sorry that the hotel was not up to our usual cleanliness standards. In the future, we do appreciate the opportunity to correct any issues while a guest is still onsite and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to provide a more positive experience for you.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

The thing about travelling is you're always learning ha ha ha! We booked our room through Booking which went very well actually. The hotel is very nice, clean, the staff were very pleasant and professional. Our only complaint was that the floor we stayed on smelled of cigarette smoke. In all fairness I mentioned it to the staff and that I would be writing a review on Tripadvisor when I got home. I was told that the 3rd floor used to be a smoking floor and they try to avoid putting people there unless they have to. She offered the managers card if I wished to speak with someone further. She said she couldn't offer any type of refund as we had booked with a third party. Chalk this one up to experience lol! I was very impressed with the way it was handled. We didn't get to experience the entire hotel amenities but from what we saw we were impressed.
We had a spa tub in our room and it was nice and clean, even after turning the jets on. Lots of hot water and water pressure, elevator was fast and air conditioning worked well.

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker make sure they don't book you on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I apologize for the odour issue you experienced. I'm so glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff and hot tub. We look forward to welcoming you back again some time.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Our room wasn’t ready in time for check in. Upon gaining access to the room the room stank of air freshener so badly that I began having chest pains and felt sick. Called to the front desk and they informed us that someone had previously smoked weed in the room so it was doused strongly in air freshener. Disgusting. Worst hotel experience I have ever had. And for $200 per night it’s pathetic that they did nothing to remedy the situation. Would give less than 1 star if possible. Stay anywhere else if you can.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn N

Dear Kathryn,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that you experienced an odour issue in your guest room upon entry. Unfortunately, some guests do smoke in guest rooms although it is against the law. Odours such as cigarettes and marijuana are very difficult to eliminate quickly before a new guest checks in.

The housekeeping department plugged in an odour eliminator in an effort to make the room smell fresh for your check in. I apologize that it was too strong for you.

I wish you had a more positive experience. Please contact me directly at 905-309-2323 or april@casablancawineryinn.com to discuss this, and a future stay.