Ste. Anne's Spa
Grafton Village Inn(Grafton)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$147
Lotus Motel(Cobourg)
US$72
US$155
US$150
US$126
Budget Inn(Port Hope)(Great Value!)
US$102
Guest Inn(Trenton)
US$72
Travelocity
1,459 results
All reviewsanne's spaafternoon teahot tubmy friendmain innswedish massagedining roomget awaywalking trailswonderful experiencecan't wait to go backmain buildingrolling hillsfood was amazingmeditation classan overnight stayheaven on earth
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I came here with my friend after hearing from her that this was rated as the top spa in Canada. It certainly was charming and offered excellent service all around.

We were greeted almost immediately and given tours of the premise. We were impressed with how charming the entire place was. The lunch was simple but good. Afternoon tea was nice and came with lots of delicious treats. The backyard overlooks rolling hills and is absolutely dreamy. We hiked around a bit...not much aside from some hills and grassy pastures. We went to a stretch class which was fun. I also tried the eucolypcus steam room which was really too hot at first but did open up my sinuses! The outdoor hottubes are really cute but were filled with many people. I love my treatment and thought it was outstanding. It was the Aveda Treatment with Chankra involvement. We made it a day trip from Toronto it was lovely. I would return again but plan to stay overnight or perhaps book a weekend escape.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

The week prior to my visit, I would heave a great big sigh and decompress a little knowing what was awaiting for me that weekend, an overnight stay at Ste. Anne's Spa. You start relaxing even before you get there, and then you walk through the gates, and the rest of the world just falls away. You can't help but relax there, really!
The food is fantastic and properly portioned which is truly important. You WANT to be hungry for the next meal and you're never starving either.
The service staff, all of whom I have asked (all different departments), have consistently stated that it's a wonderful place to work and it shows in their attitude and the service they provide.
I can't wait to go back. It's not a question of "if", it's a question of "when".
Claire

Reviewed 31 May 2010

This was my 4th trip to Ste. Anne's Spa, having now been there in each of the four seasons. As always, the stay was wonderfully relaxing and I did a lot of reading and writing. I spent two nights in the Games Room and tried three new spa treatments. I especially enjoyed the AVEDA TREATMENT CHAKRA BALANCING MASSAGE. The meals were delicious and all the staff were extremely attentive.
Given it's proximity to Toronto, it really does feel like a short drive to get to such a wonderfully luxurious escape.
I'm already planning my next visit!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Rated as the best spa in Canada, so I was expecting good things. Grounds at main building are beautiful and reception was very good. Went to the indoor pool which is about a ten minute walk. Ground around outdoor hot tub was littered with dog poo and the chairs are not comfortable. Lunch was a little disappointing. Ordered a noodle bowl which was supposed to be filled with vegetables and received a bowl of white rice drowning in soy sauce with three shrimp on top. Treatment was excellent - I had a plant peel. Wish that they enforced the silence rule in treatment area as it was less than relaxing as I listened to other ladies discussing their lives. Afternoon tea was very nice.

I had a wonderful experience at a Hyatt spa a few months back. This just didn't compare.

6  Thank traveller4791
Grafton Jim, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

I had hoped I wouldn't have to do this, as the vast majority of our guests "get it", (i.e., the unpretentious, comfortable, country ambiance of Ste. Anne's) but there are always the exceptions. As a general rule, I don't like posting signs all over the place, but given the content of this review, I felt I had no choice. The following sign has now been posted at Maison Sante, the area this reviewer is describing:

Welcome to Maison Sante; A message from the owner of Ste. Anne’s Spa

Maison Sante is home to me and my mother Nan. For several years, we have made the indoor pool and sauna located here available to guests of the spa. For those who choose to make use of this facility, I would like to underscore the fact that this is also our home.

Outside the pool area, in my mother's back yard, and adjacent to the indoor pool, there is a hot tub, which is primarily for our private use as there are multiple pools, hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms at the main inn. As this hot tub is intended for private use, it does not meet the standards established by the Ministry of Health for public hot tubs. While you are more than welcome to use the hot tub here at Maison Sante, you do so at your own risk.

I would simply ask that you respect our privacy as the hot tub is located in my mother’s back yard, which is also where her dog runs, (and does his business), where we sometimes barbecue and entertain, where my mother sits and reads on her veranda, and where she sometimes hangs out her laundry to dry on the clothes line. This is our country home. If any of these things bother you, please refrain from using this area.

Jim Corcoran, General Manager & Owner
Ste. Anne’s Spa

Reviewed 24 May 2010

I just got back yesterday from spending the day at Ste. Anne's and I have concluded that it is by far the best spa I have ever been to. Firstly, I can't speak to the accommodations since I only spent the day but I will speak to the facilities, grounds and services. I have been to many upscale spas around Ontario and this is by far the best spa for one major reason: it's natural beauty. No other spa I've been to is set on such a magical and picturesque piece of land. The minute I stepped foot onto the grounds I felt like I really was transported somewhere else in time and place. The sheer beauty of the grounds is breathtaking and inspiring.
The facilities are top notch! I read some negative reviews about the women's locker room and the check in lobby, both of which were fabulous! It is immaculately maintained and there is more than enough room in both locations for your comfort.
The massage I had was top-notch (deep tissue). The Caribbean Foot Soak was good but not worth the money since it was more of a gentle rub than any kind of massage. I recommend booking the reflexology instead.
The lunch and tea were both good. The food was not super-tasty but it is obvious that it is fresh and healthy.
The staff were all wonderful, accommodating and professional.
I would love to go back an spend the night but I feel the rates are too high. So for now, I'm content driving to Ste. Anne's to have a day of relaxation and bliss. I highly recommend Ste. Anne's- it really is a little piece of heaven on earht.

1  Thank marthae088