“Elegant, Relaxing, Breathtaking”
Review of Ste. Anne's Spa

Ste. Anne's Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Grafton
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Two of my friends took me here for a relaxing spa getaway the day before my wedding. I've been dying to go for years and it far exceeded all of my expectations. All the staff were very friendly and professional. The grounds were sprawling and impeccable, the food was incredible, the spa treatments were amazing. I took a yoga class and it was very basic beginner so I would recommend that if you have done yoga before, to skip it. I recommend the eucalyptus steam room. I only wish I could have stayed longer!

Date of experience: August 2011
"wellness classes"
"end of the day"
"delicious food"

Reviewed 9 August 2011

I spent the day at Ste. Anne's and had a fabulous time! Everybody was welcoming and genuinely friendly, especially Brie at the front desk who answered all my questions and made me feel very relaxed as it was my first time at a spa:)
I will definitely go back and do it all over again- soothing aromatherapy, delicious lunch, invigorating plunge pool, relaxing hot tub, beautiful swimming pool and decadent high tea!!
Loved it all!!

Date of experience: July 2011
Reviewed 26 February 2011

I love this spa. It's set in the Northumberland Hills and the fieldstone building is so cosy and warm. The last minute deals are such good value and the restaurant is worth the visit alone. I love spending downtime just enjoying the grounds, the facilities and the spa treatments. The service is quiet and professional. Even if you don't stay the night, the day spa is my favorite place to rejuvenate.

Reviewed 17 April 2008

Before you throw away enough money for a week in a 5-star Caribbean resort for maybe a weekend here, you need to know how they do business.

They advertise a day spa promotion for April for $149 but when you try to book you're told that it's not available but you can get a Pure Bliss package for $165. This is the same package, but for more than the advertised rate, and it is NOT listed on their website at all. Is it pure bliss or pure marketing scam with an advertised lower price that's not really available??

Then if you try to confirm a wellness session (part of the package), they cannot tell you what is or is not available, even only one day before!! So you take your chances of getting, for example, a 75 minute yoga stretch class, exercise ball class or a hike around their property!!! I guess that makes staffing much easier - if not enough people sign up, just send them out on a HIKE and save on instructor pay!!

Another trick they use is the $100 spa allowance included with each package - there is nothing at the spa for that amount. Either you spend $90 for a service and lose the balance, or you ALWAYS have to spend more to "fully" utlize that allowance. By the way, their massages are easily a minimum 50% more expensive than upscale spas in Toronto.

For the rates that they charge, you can get much more organized, better managed and much, much more professional services elsewhere. Beware!!

42  Thank elycee
Jim C, Owner at Ste. Anne's Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Elycee: Thank you for posting this review about your day spa experience in 2008. Like all businesses, our rates fluctuate based on availability and demand. I'm sorry that your visit to Ste. Anne's was marred by your perception that you didn't get the price that you had hoped for. I would be happy to have you back to redo your stay at the price that you originally saw advertised in April 2008 for $149 with the inclusions that come with our current "All Inclusive Day Spa" which normally sells for $180 - $240. As far as your other claims regarding Ste. Anne's Spa are concerned, they're simply not true. Sincerely, Jim Corcoran, Owner