“Just one fault...”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Went to aqua grill on date night with my husband and with a friend for pre-Christmas lunch. The food was as good as always, tasty, original, the atmosphere is warm and elegant, service is slightly slow but friendly and classy,
Our problem is the specials. The list of specials is always very long and detailed, it takes forever for the waitress to rattle them off, by the time she's finished we have forgotten half the items and we just end up never ordering any of them. Would it not be more practical to print off a quick list and stick it in the menus?

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Last Friday night two of my wife and her went for a pre Christmas get together. While the restaurant was near empty at the time they were offered a less than desirable table. When asked for a better table the hostess was rude in complying. The waiter also had a bad attitude. While the food was good. They did not enjoy this dining experience and will not be returning anytime soon.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Small restaurant with an ever changing menu and good wine selection. Service is paced based on your requirements. We like to dine slowly and enjoy the evening and that has never been a problem. No rush to push you through as quickly as possible. Servers are attentive but not intrusive and always personable. Daily specials have always been a good choice and I have found it quiet as we always request an out of the way table.in a small alcove they have. Excellent quality and fantastic service which makes us return time after time.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I went here for my Mothers birthday lunch on Friday Dec 2nd 2016. It was quite busy which I assume was due to there being Christmas parties but we were able to get a nice table and were seated immediately.

The lunch menu was a nice size and they had around 5 different specials which was nice. The wine menu also had some really nice wines to offer so if you like a good bottle of wine I am sure you will find something you like here.

There was 2 servers working the floor and both of them took the time out to say hello, greet us, tell us the specials and explain any questions we had which was nice.

We ordered crab cake (1 cake),the winter salad, appetizer ravioli (1 ravioli), seafood linguine, steak special (slightly over cooked - asked for medium rare) and the burger and everyone enjoyed their meal with exception of the burger. In reality this is not the place to really order a burger in my opinion, but it was ordered and fell flat with it being hard to eat since it fell apart and the bun being too hard. Total cost including 2 drinks was $160 with tip.

I rated this restaurant very good, but I would say it would be average based on the comparison to similar restaurants. The service is very nice, the setting and atmosphere is lovely but the food is very average in my opinion for "fine dining". I would like to come back for dinner one time to see what the options are and to give it another go, but there are some similar restaurants in the area that I am very interested in visiting so I am not sure how soon I would be back.

I would recommend this restaurant for those who are into finer dining and prefer the non-chain restaurants. The portions are typically small and are the service is nice and the food is more "fancier".

I also noticed that they did have quite a few Gluten Free options which was clearly indicated on the menu.

Overall this is a nice restaurant and I am sure that they have some really nice dishes on the menu. The Seafood Linguine was actually really delicious and I heard another table talk about how amazing their pea risotto is, again the service was spot on and the atmosphere was nice and intimate.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We have enjoyed our dinners at Aqua Grill over many years and last week was no exception. The location is intimate and the menu with seasonal changes slwsys has options gorgeous everyone. The fish specials are always superb with beautifully done sides and delicate sauces. Not being huge dessert person, I have your say their creme Brulee is something I typically make an exception for. I recommend reservationsomeone as its a smaller setting. But the quality is superb!