“Average. ”

Rousseau House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rousseau House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 71 Restaurants in Ancaster
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Cuisines: International
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Went there to try something new, it looks very elegant from the pictures. While it is nice inside, it was very average. Expected more for the price. Had the steak, and it was cooked properly. The broccoli was decent, but the mashed potatoes had a texture I wasn’t expecting. Was almost powdery. I’m almost certain they weren’t “real” potatoes and it tasted like it was out of a box.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank Melissa D

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

We went for a Christmas dinner with colleagues. My husband and I used to go 3 to 4 times a year but the last time was just ordinary so we exercise our other options.
Unfortunately, my soup was tepid, my fish over cooked and the dessert so ordinary that I ate about half of my food and did not want to take any back home.
The service was ordinary, no bread on the table... quite disappointing.
My bill, without alcohol including tip was over 70$.
The building is so lovely, I hope that they review their menu and try harder. It used to be....

2  Thank H8514PZsuzanneb
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Good food.Casual dining in one area(tapas) and formal dining in dining room.The dining room costs are quite expensive but the casual dining of tapas etc is reasonable.Service is good.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Cindy J
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The Rousseau House is our favourite family restorant. The historic house is causy and inviting. The food is always 10/10. We have a favorite spot at the veranda that is just as biutiful in the winer as it is in the summer. Lots of parking space at the back makes access to the restorant easy and convinient. Highly recommend to locals and travellers alike.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We just finished our company Christmas party at the Rousseau House. The staff was more than attentive and welcoming! We were recommended tapas that everyone thoroughly enjoyed. From our main courses which included the salmon to the short ribs to the beef strip loin all dishes were full of flavour, colourful and filling. Not one single complaint from our party - most remarking that it has been one of the best meals they have had! Thank you Rousseau House - we’ll be booking you in for our Christmas party next year!