“Don't Sit By The Windows ( Wintertime)”

Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Ancaster
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, BURGERS, DESSERTS & MORE Dine at Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge Ancaster and experience why it continues to be a favourite restaurant destination for the Ancaster, Ontario community. We are open 7 days a week – early mornings to late nights – offering complete menu dining options including full service breakfast and brunch (served daily until 4pm), mouth-watering desserts, burgers, seafood, steaks, sandwiches, vegetarian fare, fresh fruit specialty beverages, full bar, and rotating daily special features. With 95 indoor seats and 40 seats on our beautiful outdoor patio, Symposium Cafe Ancaster is a local favourite restaurant choice as well as a dining destination for guests from the Hamilton area. Try everyone’s favourite meal deal with our 7-Day promotions – the most innovative and popular in the Ontario restaurant market! And when combined with the Symposium’s customer service and quality, it’s no surprise that Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge continues to be honoured with Readers’ Choice awards including Best Breakfast, Best Brunch, Best Family Restaurant, Best Business lunch, Best Desserts, Best Atmosphere and Best Bistro.>Full service Breakfast/Brunch menu: Omelettes, Waffles, French Toast, Freshly squeezed juices>Lunch menu: burgers, salads, soup, appetizers, sandwiches, and full breakfast menu til 4 pm>Dinner menu: steaks, seafood, pastas, rice bowls and unique appetizers>Fully licensed lounge: specialty cocktails, over 30 martini options, 12 beer on tap, 34 varieties of wine, specialty coffee beverages.>Restaurant open early mornings and late nights>Late Night Kitchen & Dining: full restaurant menu available until closing including burgers, steaks, seafood>Business meetings and staff functions party menus>Award winning restaurant concept>Large scenic outdoor restaurant patio>Good selection of vegetarian menu options>Extensive menu selection of desserts: cakes, freshly made waffles, ice-cream, crepes>Early Bird Breakfast, Early Bird Dinner, Kid’s menu>Monday restaurant special: $5 burgers and $5 domestic pints>Tuesday restaurant special: $5 gl of wine and 12.95 pasta and rice bowl specials>Wednesday restaurant special: $5.25 Martinis and $10.95 Mussels>Thursday restaurant special: $48 Date night – Dinner for Two deal>Friday restaurant special: $5 off Wine List with Seafood Features>Saturday restaurant special: $13.95 Pitchers of Draft with Appetizer Platter Specials>Sunday restaurant special: 50% off! Owner’s Cellar Wines – 2 for 1 Cake Slice Promo>Cocktail Hour Specials: $4 Bar Shots, 4pm-6pm Happy Hour Specials, 11am-3pm Mimosa & Caesar specials>Late Night Specials: 33% Off Appetizers 4-6 and 10 until close
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This restaurant was our fav, not sure anymore we reserved our table ahead of time got seated, never sit beside the windows in the wintertime they have a cold draft coming through we had to stuff our coats to block the cold air .The waitress was pleasant but we had to keep asking for our condiments, I had ordered the Tenders it was dry as a bone the chips that I ordered were cold thought it came with the meal as it does in other restaurants had to pay for that also. My son ordered Wings they were dry also. We have eaten here many times before not sure if we will be doing this in the New Year.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

My seafood pasta was cold and the shrimp were very small.The other fish was small little bits of mystery fish with no taste.Very little sauce.It smelled a bit strange.The server brought the wrong fish to my friend and she had to wait 20 minutes for the correct order.Coffee was cool not hot.Service not good.the waiter spent most of his time chatting with a friend at the bar.Dessert was good but a little stale.

3  Thank Cindy J
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

The restaurant was a bit confusing to get to. I had to turn around because I was not sure where to access their entrance.

I didn’t expect the high ceilings, beautiful wall murals, and the spaciousness of the place. The staff who served me was friendly and upbeat.

I wasn’t too hungry so I just ordered a turkey bacon sandwich, a small Caesar, and a cheesecake. The food wasn’t special ... the lettuce in the salad was wilted and the cheese cake was not as good as I thought it would be.

The bill was almost $30 which I found pricey for regular food.

Pictures of their breakfast items look appealing so I might try them again to check these out.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

food was great, service was not the fastest, however it was lunch hour so it was to be expected. atmosphere is really nice. we took our newest employee to lunch and it was a hit. :)

Reviewed 15 October 2017

I met my daughter-in-law and granddaughter here for lunch...and it was at the halfway point for both of us. We had a brief wait but service was friendly and welcoming and the restaurant has a very pleasant atmosphere. They have a great kids menu and the 2 adults were hard-pressed to make a decision. One had the chicken souvlaki dinner and one the crispy chicken wrap with French onion soup. We were all pleased with our choices. Servings were a good size and very tasty. We did try dessert as well and both the carrot cake and the caramel apple granny bar were delicious. They also have daily specials.