“Disappoint”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This is not the first time my family and I visit Cavallo Nero, but this time is definitely the worst. Or reservation was for 7:30, and the first dish arrived at 8:50. I had the ravioli and it was undercooked; not hard to the bite, but actually chewy. When we were leaving, we asked for our good to go, but my meal was thrown out for some reason, and they did offer a free desert to make up for that. The service was mediocre, the food was mediocre, but the live music was lovely and the patio is great for the summer.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

I met friends for lunch here. Menu is nothing spectacular. My food arrived cool, the cole slaw with mayonnaise dressing tasted funny so I didn't eat it. Two friends ordered a cobb salad which came with no dressing and the avocado which was supposed to be included was missing. The waitress corrected the errors quickly but we all agreed that overall the food was disappointing and not value for money. Will try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Went here today for the first time for Mother’s Day Brunch. The food did not come out altogether which was disappointing & honestly it wasn’t that great. When the food did come out some of it was cold. Service was friendly yet quite slow, & we felt we were forgotten in our corner. The restaurant was maybe 1/2 full when we were there. We tried this place based on trip advisor reviews so not sure if we had an off day or not but we won’t be going back.

1  Thank Missbhavn
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Ate here a few times while staying in Ancaster. Service is friendly and efficient without being overbearing. The food is good Italian-style. I mainly had pizza, my wife the soup-of-the-day or a salad, and my daugher one of the pasta dishes. Good selection of wines and beers including a few local micro-breweries.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We were greated by friendly employees.

Tried their special mint-flavoured cocktail to begin our meal and it was amazingly flavoured.

We had a nicely-spiced soup, thoughtfully put together house salad, and a salmon-rice dish (a little thin on vegetables) for our meals.