“Wide variety of delicious entrees and superb ambience”
Review of Cavallo Nero

Cavallo Nero
Ranked #5 of 71 Restaurants in Ancaster
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Just returned from my third visit and this establishment continues to provide consistently great meals, reasonably priced in a pleasing atomosphere

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious everytime! The lasagne is the best, the beet salad different but delicious. The scallops fresh and tasty. Highly recommend. Great live music too on Thursdays and Fridays.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 23 March 2018

My husband and I just returned from dinner at Cavallo Nero and I immediately wanted to write a review, it was delicious!! We started with ceasar salad and it was one of the best I've had, with a very fresh homemade dressing. I had the chicken piccata that came with rice, but asked to substitute with garlic mashed potatoes. Server said it was no problem and I'm so glad I did, the potatoes were amazing. For dessert we shared the chocolate pot, that was served with fresh raspberry puree and vanilla ice cream. What can I say, it was delicious too. I should also add that our server, Lara was great, very friendly and attentive. The live jazz music was a nice touch. We'll definitely be back!!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

I have been here many times and always enjoy the food the service and the ambiance. From live entertainment to an excellent selection of wines, paired with excellent fresh local ingredients this is one of my favorites.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Reservations are a must. Do not expect to drop in and be seated without a reservation (I've tried, without success). Have eaten here twice. Spaghetti and Meatballs, Seafood Pasta, Pizza, all very good. Staff was unfailingly friendly, prompt and attentive. Wine prices are very affordable and dinners are reasonably priced.

Live jazz on Thursday, Friday and Saturday provide a great atmosphere.

Date of visit: January 2018