All reviews the owner minas basin low tide beautiful view evangeline beach mud flats nova scotia office door old school your feet ocean floor out of the way small fridge beachfront room picnic tables room was large water line
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We were thrilled to arrive and see that we were steps away from the water at low tide, as we were dying to experience walking on the ocean floor. Did it within 5 minutes of arriving, was so neat but the mud sucking at your feet up to the ankle gets tiring, so after about 20 minutes and not even making halfway to the water line, we turned back. Thankfully, there is a hose to clean your feet right outside the hotel. If you tried this on any old beach, I have no idea how you'd get that thick sludge off you to get back in your car. It was truly amazing to see the change of scenery the next day at high tide. Sunset and sunrise was pretty too, and there are chairs available to put near the rocky ledge that separates the beach from the motel. Don is very relaxed and doesn't care if you take a drink out there to chill out.
So this is the good part of this motel. Sadly, I have to agree with some other reviewers who thought it a little too rustic. I don't mind rustic, but the shower was reminiscent of an old fashioned campground shower. And the bed-it didn't squeak; it creaked and groaned with each and every turn. It was hard too, but I could have dealt with that; it was the creaking that woke me so many times that made it intolerable. Other reviewers have mentioned it, and I think it's worth fixing or replacing. Only one full roll of toilet paper seems chintzy, two seems reasonable, especially with no tissues in the room. The walls are PAPER THIN; we could hear the people next door's bathroom noises-for real. The wifi was so spotty we gave up even trying. Took forever to load a page and then would disconnect anyways. We went to the office but no one was there (we didn't expect that either) nor did it seem worthy of a phone call, though all their numbers were posted on the door.
The owner was friendly, we had no issue there. So, if you don't mind those issues I mentioned and you really want the Bay of Fundy close- up experience, stay here. Nothing compares to seeing low and high tide in the same location, in order to really experience the phenomenon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This was a Wondeful B & B ! The bed was pekrfect our own private shower and bathroom the owners were very polite and informative .it was a wonderful breakfast in the morning shared by some wonderful stories of other travellers . We would stay here again for sure .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

We enjoyed our visit, particularly watching the sunset over the Bay of Fundy. The hotel is right next to Evangeline Beach, so it is easy to walk down the stairs and onto the floor of the bay. Fortunately there is a hose by the pool to wash off the mud if you try to walk out at low tide! Our rooms (we had 2 - 1 for us and 1 for our grown children) were clean, comfortable & well stocked. We were glad to have a microwave and small refrigerator. There was a pool (which we didn't use), picnic tables, fire pits & chairs.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2017

Do not bring your dog to Beach Breeze Motel in Grand Pre - Nova Scotia it is a none pet friendly motel. The owner Don absolutely hates dogs in his hotel rooms due to dog hair left behind. He phoned me and personally scolded me regarding my dog in the room and threaten me with a substantial money charge on my credit card for leaving dog hair strands on the bed covers I did not see any notice regarding no pets. I offered to pay the standard hotel rate of $25.00 but his attitude was I was going to pay big time! He charged my credit card $44.00 for the cleaning.

Don expects your dog will have to sleep in the car all night with out barking good luck with that scenario. My dog always sleeps on our bed. There was no concern about temperatures outside the car, and or inside as well!

The Beach Breeze Motel in is not the typical highway motel we picture in our minds. Its a block building with siding that is similar to those steel storage structure kits advertised on late night TV.
The building block is divided up into ten rooms. Here's were it gets interesting the interior is a standard looking room like most motels, these rooms look like a sportsman log cabinet interior,i.e. wood plank floors and bathroom back wall with a 1970's decor mixed in I assume its to improve the level of comfort similar to mid class city hotel rooms?

Nothing in the room really matches anything. It looks like a hunting cabin due to the wood barn floors and walls. Then there's 1970's TV stand and beds look like furniture right out of a real 50's motel and the rest looks like it was bought at the flea market sale and tossed into the mix.

The typical one bedroom is off the entrance door, comes with two double beds, looks clean hard to tell with the rough dark wood floors. Bathroom looks clean, toilet right next to shower, very tight spacing due to door and is one long rectangle back room with the same floor boards on the wall. The shower /toilet at one end looks old but has been revamped to look new, paint and plaster. Sink in the middle of the wall with drain fleas flying around not sure what flies for sure ? End wall holds coffee pot – microwave – half fridge on counter. Obviously the owner is trying his best to upgrade the rooms.

The Beach Breezes is located on a cliff over looking the Minas Basin only rooms 5 and 10 have a full scenic view of the mud flats. It's not actually a “ sand beach” below the cliff . Daily the ocean tide retreats here and the area is turned into a giant gooey wet mud flat with some sea grass sprinkle around and left over ocean debris.

The Beach Breeze Motel is not exactly a sand beach motel in general terms but it is more a scenic location for viewing the Minas Basin ocean work it's daily tides exposing ocean mud. This is not a beach as you would typical picture in your head

The double beds are a little stiff for me as you know if you travel constantly, bed comfort is a personal choice and it's a 50/50 chance you get a bed that suits your body. Also the beds creek when you sit on them or lay on them, hope your partner isn't a bed roll.

You can see the owner has tried to upgrade the interior but its all decor dated in the past with dark pinkish painted walls, dark military grey curtains and a wavy mirror from the disco period. Just stay out doors as much as possible, enjoy the mud cliff view of the area and try to ignore the interior if you decide to stay here.
I give Beach Breezes Motel one star out of five for trying, will not return or recommend, over priced rates.

Room Tip: Only rooms 5 and 10 has full view of mud flats
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steven L
Don B, Owner at Beach Breeze Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

I only called you, as you were told the night before that we did not accept pets into the rooms of the motel.

You did then take your dog into the room overnight, and a mess and smell was there the next day. Discovered by the housekeepers.To say I hate dogs is a pure stretch of the truth.

As for the rest of your comments .......I can only say are falsehood....plain and simple.

Next time, look for policies before you book another motel room at another motel.

Thanks,
Don

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My husband and I stayed at the Beach Breeze motel for one night. Our room was just right for us. We like the look of a small cottage and that was it. We were very close to the shore with a great view of the bay. It's a great place to see the low tide and high tide. We would go back anytime.

Room Tip: it's a small motel so all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple