See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I loved everything about this sweet little gem. Our room was clean and so comfortable - the perfect place to rest our heads after a long day of travelling. The decor is hip and cool and the cafe serves a delicious breakfast + coffee + sweets. I wish that I could have stayed longer!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

This was my second time coming here and I’m obsessed with it. It’s sooo cute. Vibes are 100%. Yummy, home made, local food. Local arts and crafts. Delicious coffee from North Mountain. One of my favourite cafes and definitely recommend stopping here on your way through the Cabbot trail!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful gem we found while traveling the Cabot Trail! The friendly staff, the delicious food and the clean, comfortable surroundings provided a warm welcome from start to finish. This family-friendly stop is a must for visitors to Cape Breton.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2017

My husbanfd and I took the apartment so we could cater ourselves for dinner, to find the kitchen with less then basic items to cook a meal...no microwave, 2 plates , few cutlery and one spatula,,,
The place is cute and very clean, a new ensuite...for the price I would go elsewhere...
A plus was coffee and sweets in the morning.

Room Tip: Take a back room if you decide to go, less traffic noise, your on the main road
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank andree54
Caitlyn P, Owner at Salty Rose's and the Periwinkle Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

We apologize for the minimal kitchen supplies during your stay, we have since added some extras to the kitchen to make it more accommodating to future guests .

Reviewed 15 July 2017

My husband and I absolutely loved our stay at Salty Rose's and the Periwinkle Café! Sarabeth was a very sweet and helpful host. The adjoining cafe serves delicious food and great coffee, while the gift shop is filled with beautiful and unique local art (the kind of stuff you won't find around many of the other gift shops along the Cabot Trail). Rooms are beautifully decorated, clean, and very peaceful. An added bonus for animal lovers is that the Groovy Goat Farm & Soap Company is right next door. We would 100% stay here again - only longer next time! Thank you Sarabeth! <3

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple